• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see Mika doing a show in the UK this summer. It might be a nice low key way to introduce his new material into our market.

It would be really nice if his new album got good word-of-mouth publicity here. I can't see a media hard sell working at all this time round. Time to change tack. For that reason, this choice of venue/show might just be perfect at this point in time.

I won't be going, but good luck to those who try to get tickets. :thumb_yello:

Glad to see Mika doing a show in the UK this summer. It might be a nice low key way to introduce his new material into our market.

It would be really nice if his new album got good word-of-mouth publicity here. I can't see a media hard sell working at all this time round. Time to change tack. For that reason, this choice of venue/show might just be perfect at this point in time.

I won't be going, but good luck to those who try to get tickets. :thumb_yello:

Are there special tickets to this event? I checked tickets and they don't say Mika's name, but I thought this one is a festival and Mika is one of the performers on a smaller stage (and that there is only one ticket for the event).

Looks a lot of people are going. I'm not sure yet, I've already booked some festivals for July.

Mika's name is in rather small characters :blink:. I could not find his name at first glance. I hope people in the UK (I mean the general public, not our dear MFCers) will change their mind after the event :mf_rosetinted:.

I'm happy he takes part to a festival in England!! Attendants will be priviledged and will hear the new songs before the rest of Europe! :thumb_yello: I'm looking forward to reading your comments about them :wink2:

I might be shot down in flames for saying this, but in my mind, when Londoners haven't had a Mika gig in a LOOOOOONG time in my opinion, I'd like to see the UK fans take front row. For a change.

Edited by Blue Sky

Attendants will be priviledged and will hear the new songs before the rest of Europe! :thumb_yello:

Well we don't know where the songs are going to be debuted. From what I understand it's the first time in the UK, not necessarily the world. So maybe everyone and their dog can hold off and wait for other dates before turning it into a circus of another variety.

Are there special tickets to this event? I checked tickets and they don't say Mika's name, but I thought this one is a festival and Mika is one of the performers on a smaller stage (and that there is only one ticket for the event).

Looks a lot of people are going. I'm not sure yet, I've already booked some festivals for July.

exactly my thoughts. if i was rich, i wouldn't hesitate a second... but in fact, i'm broke and will probably have to decide between switzerland & italy on the one hand, and london on the other (though, who knows what other festivals/gigs will still be announced!). i'd definitely choose the former in this case, although i also really really wanna go to a gig together with statue, who doesn't have time end of july. arrrgh!! :aah:

i've also had a look at those vip tickets... they have an extra entry lane, which sounds good - but if they don't open earlier or at least at the same time as the normal entrance starts, the money would be wasted. :dunno:

btw, did you notice the comment "album, out later this year"? so, does "later" mean later from now on, or later from the festival date on? :mf_rosetinted:

Well we don't know where the songs are going to be debuted. From what I understand it's the first time in the UK, not necessarily the world. So maybe everyone and their dog can hold off and wait for other dates before turning it into a circus of another variety.

I think I missed something.....whose dog?? :blink:

So I guess every man and his dog will be flying into London for this then? :mf_rosetinted:

I might be shot down in flames for saying this, but in my mind, when Londoners haven't had a Mika gig in a LOOOOOONG time in my opinion, I'd like to see the UK fans take front row. For a change.

Same happens in Portugal....Whenever Mika comes here we have to share our front row places...

Not that we mind, there's plenty of space for everyone, but it annoys a bit...

And i'm not speaking about our spanish or english friends, whom we were most delighted to have met last summer...

You're right. It's the first date at the moment, but other dates can be announced. As the first dates were in France, maybe everyone and their dog planned to come to France :aah: that was a bit what happened in compiègne last year. As there are several dates now and in several countries, let's see what will happen.

@wonka: I love it too

Same happens in Portugal....Whenever Mika comes here we have to share our front row places...

And i'm not speaking about our spanish or english friends, whom we were most delighted to have met last summer...

How about Dutch friends who ate your food? :mf_rosetinted:

exactly my thoughts. if i was rich, i wouldn't hesitate a second... but in fact, i'm broke and will probably have to decide between switzerland & italy on the one hand, and london on the other (though, who knows what other festivals/gigs will still be announced!). i'd definitely choose the former in this case, although i also really really wanna go to a gig together with statue, who doesn't have time end of july. arrrgh!! :aah:

i've also had a look at those vip tickets... they have an extra entry lane, which sounds good - but if they don't open earlier or at least at the same time as the normal entrance starts, the money would be wasted. :dunno:

btw, did you notice the comment "album, out later this year"? so, does "later" mean later from now on, or later from the festival date on? :mf_rosetinted:

My exact thought about VIP tickets...

And about the "album out later this year" I keep thinking that it'll be out after summer..

I think I missed something.....whose dog?? :blink:

It's just an expression, there is no actual dog. :wink2:

It's not sharing the space in the front row that's the problem, it's the greedy competitive behaviour to snatch it from someone else that makes the whole experience unpleasant. Londoners have not had a gig in their country for 2 years, except the points gig which they were not invited to despite the fact that they have been supporting Mika since the first weeks of 2007, if not earlier.

This weekend reminded me more than ever how much I hate this environment in Europe that is created by just a few dozen people making it hell for everyone. I am so glad it's not like this in Canada and everyone can't descend on our gigs. :aah: