THE VIDEO IS OUT!

[YOUTUBE]3b8btcCmL0c[/YOUTUBE]

MAKING OF: https://vimeo.com/64169748

Thought it'd be practical to have a seperate thread for this, the video looks like it's going to be stunning

:wub2:

Concept (according to Mika): He goes out into the ocean on a boat, running away from a burning world. He's got the last piece of light that's left in the world, in a bag. He gets thrown overboard in a storm and some underwater freaks steal (after freaking him out?) his light and leave him tied up and left for dead on the bottom of the oceanfloor.

We'll see...

ea9618ea276b11e2a5d322000a1f90e5_7.jpg

940eae561b2c11e29a6522000a1c03db_7.jpg

A5rfU6YCMAAIUCT.jpg

64588f0e1aed11e2b70422000a1cbafc_7.jpg

from Mika's Instagram

426291_130147047133659_2125634656_n.jpg

unknown source

@itgirlforever: @NorrisXThrash styling British singer, #MIKA for his upcoming music video "Underwater"

d677ea081a2511e2a86422000a1c03e2_7.jpg

Ashamed to admit that I'm still not sure whether this is Mika or not lol

(edit: probably not lol and I need glasses, but admit it; He does have similar facial features as Mika)

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Wetsuit anyone? Day 1 on set of Underwater Video in LA

1a0b2ad21a4411e2935222000a1cfdeb_7.jpg

Maxi ‏@maximaximaxi

My music video shoot with #Mika is very conceptual..a visual extravaganza #makeup

4h Maxi ‏@maximaximaxi

On music video shoot with #Mika ..will post pics soon

This lovely girl promised me she would post photos from the shoot soon :wub2:

Quentin Thrash ‏@Stayfly_Thrash

On set! #StrappedUpShawty lol @NORRISxTHRASH

86f4e22e1a2011e2b41b22000a1f9a15_7.jpg

Maxi ‏@maximaximaxi

Who knew #Mika was a #vampire??? http://yfrog.com/kjeyhzuj

kjeyhzuj:iphone

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Shoe styling

a6b46fe21a5411e280ff22000a9e2923_7.jpg

Q_CekiTiM3

e947267c1a5111e2b5561231381909c7_7.jpg

Edited by mari62
adding link to 'making of' video

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this maximaximaxi seems to be a makeup guy, and look who's on the front page of his website:

http://maximaximaxi.com/

Didn't I read somewhere that Mika said he was going to direct this video?

Or did I dream it? (Entirely possible!) :blink:

I'm anxious to see how this turns out!

Thought it'd be practical to have a seperate thread for this, the video looks like it's going to be stunning :wub2:

@itgirlforever: @NorrisXThrash styling British singer, #MIKA for his upcoming music video "Underwater"

90% of my mind says " Yes , that's MIKA " but the other 10% is like " Nah , that's not him "

I see the 90% is comeing from them curls :teehee: but , mabey It's just me but the 10% is the color it seems like a light brown / tanish color :dunno:

So , yeah

Edited by rachie b

Thought it'd be practical to have a seperate thread for this, the video looks like it's going to be stunning :wub2:

90% of my mind says " Yes , that's MIKA " but the other 10% is like " Nah , that's not him "

I see the 90% is comeing from them curls :teehee: but , mabey It's just me but the 10% is the color it seems like a light brown / tanish color .

So , yeah

No, it's not Mika! I mean, come on girls -- you study every pore on his face, and every inch of his body in the Mikagasmic and other photo threads! You must be able to see that! :naughty:

The skin is too fair, there's no chest hair, the hair's too blonde and he's just not tall and thin enough. :no:

No, it's not Mika! I mean, come on girls -- you study every pore on his face, and every inch of his body in the Mikagasmic and other photo threads! You must be able to see that! :naughty:

The skin is too fair, there's no chest hair, the hair's too blonde and he's just not tall and thin enough. :no:

:naughty: plus his toes are not shaped like that :fisch:

In my defence I don't look at the Mikagasmic thread :fisch:

You're right I do study every pore on his face I've soiled the good rachie b name * rolling on the floor in saddness :tears: * :tears: :tears: :tears:

1. Extreame makeup - Skin color

2. Shaving - Body hair

3. Hair dye - Hair color

4. Mika has stilts - Hight

5. MIKA got fat - Body weight , That's all I got :naughty:

I see the 90% is comeing from them curls :teehee: but , mabey It's just me but the 10% is the color it seems like a light brown / tanish color :dunno:

So , yeah

I certainly couldn't say. I didn't recognise Mika when he came out to a M&G wearing a woolen hat. someone had to tell me it was him. But that's because I'm face-blind.

But you know, a brilliant vid would do wonders for Mika. He's a better actor than he gives himself credit for, and tbh, I've not really been that impressed with his vids, apart from Happy Ending.

An imaginative fantasy vid could really do wonders for the song. My son (also 29) always says that Mika's vids let him down, as these days, that's often what sells the song and gets it played on the music channels. I agree with my son.

Maybe Mika sould direct all his vids, after all, as the old saying goes. "If you want something doing right, do it yourself."

So many pics are coming!

@candicebrittain: Costume design @mike_swb @norris_la @norrisxthrash #musicvideo #mika #wardrobe #stylist #universalrecords

754da8621a2f11e29a6522000a1c03db_7.jpg

@candicebrittain: Costume design Pt. 2 @mike_swb @norrisxthrash @norris_la #costumedesign #musicvideo #mika #wardrobe #stylist #universalrecords

b7542d141a4b11e2b99d22000a1de79b_7.jpg

@candicebrittain: Costume design Pt.3 @mike_swb @norris_la @norrisxthrash #wardrobe #musicvideo #stylist #universalrecords #mika

d9abe6321a5e11e28b3522000a1f9867_7.jpg

@norris_la: We hand off the flames to British singer #MIKA to put the finish touches on his own wardrobe

deed1e4e1a6e11e2b3ea1231381b679f_7.jpg

Not sure, but could this have to do with Mika's video shoot?:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tlg/3349379103.html

WOW !! It's a great finding !!! Thanks a lot. :flowers2:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Male actor for indie band (:teehee:) music video shoot Oct. 20th (West Los Angeles)

Date: 2012-10-19, 12:38AM PDT

Male actor (21-30) needed for an indie band 1 day music video shoot in West LA. Only for the afternoon from 2PM to 7PM.

The ideal actor would be at least 5'9, in shape and a sophisticated look ( :mikadas: ) as the music video will have a neo-noir style, and mostly black &white.

Meal, copy, and credit. The video will be posted on various websites - great exposure.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Compensation: no pay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neo-noir wiki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-noir