Ugly Betty Promo Video inside...

Showtunes17

I don't get the appeal of the show either!!

Thanks so much for the link, but I hope that's not the original vid, 'cause... it's really bad.

And I like the original lyrics better, of course!

I don't like this idea of the Ugly Betty soundtrack... :thumbdown:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much for posting this, Showtunes! :thumb_yello:

The irony here is that I have a friend who absolutely LOVES

Ugly Betty, but absolutely LOATHES Mika! LOL! Boy, will this

get her goat! :roftl:

But as I have told her time and again... Resistance is Futile! :naughty:

dcdeb

That's true!!! :bleh:

Ha, the shot of the braces is going to confuse people even more on the meaning of the lyrics.

I don't understand the appeal of this show at all. It's so corny and the premise could have wrapped up in a 90 minute movie, not an entire series. But it seems to be popular.

I don't care, I love Mika and I love Ugly Betty so I LOVE THIS VID!:thumb_yello:

It's so fun!:naughty:

I prefer the origanal though, I guess.

I don't understand why they changed the first verse to be about Betty, but then the second verse was still the original. Ummmmm....okay....

Ahh, that's besides the point. It's great for Mika to have gotten this opportunity, and I really hope it helps his popularity in the US!

Thanks for sharing this!

:roftl: :roftl: That's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :shocked::roftl: The lyrics didn't even make much sense in the original, now it's completely a joke :lmao:

lol.. I dont know what to make of it :blink: ... i prefer the original by a mile... but i think it was great seeing him recording in the studio. Not a fan of ugly betty unfortunately :thumbdown:

Thanks for posting! it's not even on the abc website yet:naughty: . The MCF is so fast.:wub2:

This is such great exposure for Mika.

When Snow Patrol was on Grey's Anatomy they got TONS of downloads on itunes.

This is such great news!

Mika will be known by the end of the year!

I can feel it!

GOOOO Mika!!!:biggrin2:

I not really sure about it, the sound quality reminds me of the leaked demo album, then mixed in with the official big girl just sounds really strange. Will have to see the full thing once it is put onto you tube.

I actually really like it - for tv. I think it's important to remember he's not releasing it as a single and it's not replacing BIG GIRL as there is only one Big Girl. It's supposed to be kinda strange and kinda gimmicky - it's for a commercial after all. But one thing's for sure...It'll get people's attention- and hopefully get them dancing too!

OH, I posted this on another thread, but thought I'd copy it here too:

There's a "making of" video of the new Betty Girl promo spot on the ABC website, it's hidden but it's there. You can here the new lyrics playing in the background too!

go to:http://www.abc.go.com/video/index and scroll down untill you see the behind the scenes section and click on the Ugly Betty vid.

It's funny that they all had no clue what the video was about, but the concept for the promo sounds very MIKA-ish, no? Hope this works for y'all and maybe it'll tide us over till we can see the real thing.