The David Bowie Thread

Queenie

I can´t believe we didn´t have this on here!!!!

OK, it´s your place to talk about the white duke, the chamaleon, GOD....

First of all, news!!!

BOWIE SET FOR DOCTOR WHO

Rock legend DAVID BOWIE is set to star in the next series of British TV series DOCTOR WHO, playing an alien.

Producers of the BBC show have targeted the Ziggy Stardust singer because of his "great other-worldly looks" according to reports.

British newspaper The Sun claims the 60-year-old will clash with actor David Tennant's Doctor in a two-part episode of the show, which will be aired next year.

A source tells the newspaper, "Bowie said he'd be interested as long as he's not subjected to hours of disfiguring make-up."

Source --> http://news.superiorpics.com/2007/08/30/BOWIE_SET_FOR_DOCTOR_WHO.html

Waiting for official confirmation

And YES, we need a pic!! :wink2:

TMWFTEBSS.jpg

Love Thin White Duke/The Man Who Fell To The Earth Era

David Bowie is great, he's a legend, I like lots of his stuff (not really his 90s/00s stuff though).

My favourite Bowie tracks are Changes, Ziggy Stardust, Please Mr. Gravedigger (grim, but cracks me up every time when he sneezes), Heroes and I even like some of his 80s stuff, China Girl in particular. He has written some great songs and his voice is quite underrated too, he uses it like an instrument (or so my husband says, he's a much bigger fan than me!)

:thumb_yello:

Oh and he was hilarious in Extras - that 'Little Fat Man With The Pug Nose Face' song is pure comic genius (okay I know he didn't write it!!):roftl:

are we having a new club here?

Queenie..... I LOVE YOU!

bowie has been my top favourite singer since he began to sing!

please...it's a long time....i was there when he started....i was a teen then and i used to cry at his songs...

my god, queenie, you have made me the best present ever!!

we must make this thread live forever!!!!

i'll post pics as soon as i can scann them and upload...

and i was there in Milan when he came with his Let's dance tour....

mika.......you only come second!!!

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Robertina, luv!!! Another real Bowiemaniac!!! I really love him..He´s my favourite solo singer (yeah, my favourite band is Queen, so...). I love him since i was a child, since Labyrinth. He´s a guide for me :wink2:

Yeah, WE NEED this club here ;)

let's have a late celebration...

he was sixty on january 9th!

a real oldling!!! come and join us david! :roftl: :roftl:

:happybday::toot::cheers:

I wish!!!!

Freds, you broke my heart saying "bowie live is fab"...

I tried see him THREE TIMES between 2003-2004 and he cancelled everything..The worse part was when i was arriving to Toulouse, a friend of mine called me about the cancellation...and my other friends looked at my face and thought a relative was dead.

I´ll go to ANYWHERE to see him right now. Don´t care about the money, distance...

Really? ,,, we could do a bowie meetup :thumb_yello: , shame I would love to see him

That will be great...

Robertina, i think he performs again...but not in a HUGE tour like reality one. Maybe a few selected concerts in Europe & USA (not Spain, of course)

The heart problems were when he cancelled 2 of my gigs (July 2004)

That will be great...

Robertina, i think he performs again...but not in a HUGE tour like reality one. Maybe a few selected concerts in Europe & USA (not Spain, of course)

The heart problems were when he cancelled 2 of my gigs (July 2004)

as you are younger and quicker than me....

pleaaaaaaase keep me updated!

now my kids are older and i'm in the live music again (thanks to Mika! :wub2: )

so maybe i could consider going to a bowie concert....i'm fainting only thinking about it!

we must plan this together! :thumb_yello:

i'm excited...a new era is starting for this oldling! YEAH :punk: