Beautiful Minds:The actresses we love!

BonjourMika1990

CATINCA UNTARU

27catinca_untaru.jpg

She is adorable! She is now 11.

But she was 9 when she was in the movie that's in my siggie.

She's fantastic!

catinca-untaru-scena-film.jpg

Aww, she is sooooooo sweet!!! I need to see that movie now! :wub2:

QUESTION for a smart MFCer--

Who, among you, know(s) the proper name of the music

used for the film trailer for

"THE FALL" and will you please tell me?

I will love to help, but I cant. i know I have heard it somewhere sometime, but have no idea..........

Oops!:doh:

I have seen it and even wrote about it here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2049949#post2049949

:blush-anim-cl:

:roftl:

Hehehe :roftl: :roftl: I remember!!! you told me about it!

Hmmm, I can never resist a movie with Reese Witherspoon or Nicole Kidman in it . I love these two, especially Reese. Then I also like Keira Knightley, Charlize Theron, Emma Thompson, Julia Roberts, Kate Winslet, Jennifer Aniston, Sally Field...and the list goes on.:wink2:

• 3 months later...

Ooh I love this thread!

I'm a huge sucker for 50s,60s,70s and 80s' movies...and actors and actresses in them :mf_lustslow:

Grace Kelly

grace-kelly.jpg

Kim Novak

174905.jpg

Tippi Herden

Copy_of_Birds.jpg

Brigitte Bardot

039_25511%7EBrigitte-Bardot-Posters.jpg

Romi Scneider

romy_schneider_reference.jpg

• 3 months later...

MERYL STREEP is a NATIONAL TREASURE!

:Sneak Peeks at 2009’s Most Anticipated Movies

Julie and Julia (Aug. 7)Meryl Streep stars as Julia Child

and Amy Adams is a woman who tries to use all the recipes from one of Child’s cookbooks.

Streep is on fire and Adams hasn’t made a false move yet so this could be entertaining.

meryl+streep+julia+child+stanley+tucci+paul+child.jpg

REVIEW:

Even though I’d eaten a perfectly good dinner right before the screening of Julie & Julia (opening August 7), I went home after the movie and ate some more.

Talk about a gut reaction.

The film—based on Julia Child’s book, My Life in France, and Julie Powell’s memoir, Julie & Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen —is a delectable treat starring the unstoppable Meryl Streep as the famous chef and the adorable Amy Adams as the contemporary woman who attempts to make every recipe in Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume One in a year.

The narrative moves back and forth between Child’s experiences as she learns to cook at Paris’s Le Cordon Bleu and Powell’s progress in her self-imposed project. Parallels are drawn between the women as it becomes clear they’re both trying to forge an identity for themselves, to do something meaningful in the world and perhaps even change it with their cooking. It’s no spoiler to say both succeeded in becoming published authors with a movie based on their books but the fun comes from watching how they got there.

When Streep first appears on screen, looking like a giant (Child was 6′2″; apple boxes must have been used because Streep’s feet are rarely seen) and speaking in that voice, there was a round of hearty laughter in the audience. You will laugh, too; there’s no point resisting. But as the movie unfolds and Streep’s magic takes over, you’ll get used to the voice because the actress has fully embodied the chef and that’s just how Child talked.

In lesser hands, the performance could’ve easily devolved into caricature but Streep somehow makes every big gesture believable and endearingly quirky. Her gift of complete transformation into every role is remarkable and she will undoubtedly receive Best Actress nominations from all the major outfits come award season.

Adams does her usual sparkly work as Powell, making her an accessible Everywoman who’s a little sweeter than the author comes across in her book, where her language is saltier. Meanwhile, I don’t get the appeal of Chris Messina, who is as bland playing Powell’s husband, Eric, as he was in Made of Honor and Vicky Christina Barcelona.

70511_bl.jpg

As Child’s husband, Paul, Stanley Tucci fares better, generating sweet, sensual chemistry with Streep. This is especially noteworthy considering the last time they appeared together onscreen, he played a gay underling cowering from Streep’s nightmare boss in The Devil Wears Prada. Jane Lynch is so winning as Child’s sister, Dorothy, I wish she had more screen time. And Mary Kay Place pulls off several moments of hilarity as Powell’s mom though she’s only heard on the phone and never seen.

Director/screenwriter Nora Ephron did an impressive job keeping the pace zippy, the dialogue tart, seasoning each scene perfectly and never letting it overcook. Alexandre Desplat (The Queen, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) turns in another memorable score, and cinematographer Stephen Goldblatt (Charlie Wilson’s War, Angels in America) made me want to book a trip to Paris immediately with the way he captured the City of Light, as golden as the perfect dishes Julie & Julia pull out of their ovens.

Nerd verdict: Julie & Julia is a delicious feast

juliejulia_b.jpg

http://popculturenerd.wordpress.com/2009/07/22/review-julie-julia-the-movie/

Edited by A. Clay

Also, I adore Sandra Bullock... :wub2:

I've been told I look like her :blink:

Except that she has redish hair here, and a bit different mouth...

I love her! I don't think there are (m)any movies out there, starring her, I didn't see.

sb0001.jpg

Other fave actresses:

-Drew Barrymore

-Reese Witherspoon

-Kathy Bates

-Catherine O'Hara

-Christina Ricci

-Mena Suvari

I love her! I don't think there are (m)any movies out there, starring her, I didn't see.

sb0001.jpg

Other fave actresses:

-Drew Barrymore

-Reese Witherspoon

-Kathy Bates

-Catherine O'Hara

-Christina Ricci

-Mena Suvari

Saw the preview trailer for her latest movie THE BLIND SIDE yesterday . . .

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b137766_rate-a-trailer_bullocks_blind_side_in.html

Edited by A. Clay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...