Mika in Morocco!

Dounia

How wonderful that would be :mf_lustslow:, but for now it's just fantasy! (Didn't mean to rhyme :blush-anim-cl: )

Here's the answer to your Q Rebeka!

Mika had just arrived at Casablanca. No, not the recordcompany, but the city Casablanca in Morocco, also known as Dar Al-Bidah in Arabic.

After checking into his hotel Mika wanted to visit one of the big markets in the city because he had heard a lot about the colourful Moroccan souks. Being a great fan of everything connected to colour he simply couldn't resist the temptation!

As he was wandering around mesmerized by the souk he suddenly heard his name. 'Mika!'

'No, that can't be' , he thought to himself, 'I don't know anyone in Morocco!'

So he continued walking, but stopped almost immediately because he heard some-one calling him again: 'Mika!' And again: 'Mika, Mika!' He could now hear his name being called from every corner of the souk! Mika looked perplexed: 'How can so many people know my name when i haven't even released a song here?!' Mika felt proud and shy at the same time!

A little boy and girl walked up to him yelling: ' Mika, Mika!' Mika looked at the adorable kids, greeted them with his charming big smile in French and asked them what they wanted. Mika was all set to give them an autograph or take a picture with them. And the kids did want to ask him something! Quickly they asked in broken French: ' Do you want to buy a mika, a plastic bag for your souk-shopping?!' and held up the bags with their tiny little hands.

Mika, being the sweet guy that he is, already answered 'Sure!' before he realised what the kids were asking. 'That's a dirham each!' the girl said. Mika was :shocked: now he realised what they meant with 'mika' and paid absolutely speechless for a plastic bag. The kids ran off happily yelling: 'mika, mika!'

Mika went back to the hotel with his mika. He sat in his suite to fully comprehend what had just happened and started laughing uncontrollable!

At least his name was already 'famous' in Morocco and he would love to make his music known to this colourful country!!!

• Like 1

I'll explain what this is about:

REBEKA asked me if it is true what Mika once said... that his name means 'plastic bag' in Morocco.

I decided to write a (completely made-up) story of Mika in Morocco, so she and everybody else at the MFC can know the answer!

oooh :doh:

so.. where's the story ? :roftl:

the future will brings us lots of mika ish years! (well, I hope so)

:blink: The story is in the first post! :bleh:

Mika said he wanted to do this for 20 years to come. What's 20 years? He better make music forever :wink2:

Yep, it's short :blush-anim-cl:

No way, 20 years is not a lot! Why should a career in music be shorter than any other career?

oooh nooo!

it has to be 1000000000 years!

sorry i thought you'd mean something else.. :boxed:

but hey, you're a dutchie?

r u from morocco? sorry that im asking this, but you're writing a story about mika in morocco :bleh:

oooh nooo!

it has to be 1000000000 years!

sorry i thought you'd mean something else.. :boxed:

but hey, you're a dutchie?

r u from morocco? sorry that im asking this, but you're writing a story about mika in morocco :bleh:

:biggrin2: What did u think i was talking about?

Yep, i'm a dutch-moroccan or moroccan-dutch, whatever :wink2:

The whole 'Mika in Morocco' thingy was because of REBECA's Q!

:biggrin2: What did u think i was talking about?

Yep, i'm a dutch-moroccan or moroccan-dutch, whatever :wink2:

The whole 'Mika in Morocco' thingy was because of REBECA's Q!

uh... about that story? :lmfao:

oooh :bleh:

i never saw you in the dutch thread before? :boxed:

I did post in the Dutch thread some days ago :thumb_yello:

But the speed of the thread is pretty wild, and i'm pretty slooooooooooooow :naughty:

ooh for me it's okay...

actually its a bit sloooow if you compare it with the bar (okay, now the bar is that but normally its alive! :naughty:)

I'll explain what this is about:

REBEKA asked me if it is true what Mika once said... that his name means 'plastic bag' in Morocco.

I decided to write a (completely made-up) story of Mika in Morocco, so she and everybody else at the MFC can know the answer!

That was funny, Dounia (-:

So "mika" actually does mean "plastic bag" in Morocco arabic or you just used my cofusion to make up this funny story?

That was funny, Dounia (-:

So "mika" actually does mean "plastic bag" in Morocco arabic or you just used my cofusion to make up this funny story?

Ooh no, my storytelling-abilities are totally rubbish :blink: !!! Because my point didn't come across: YES, Mika was well informed and told the truth when he said that his name means 'plastic bag' in Morocco.

Sorry REBEKA, that after i made you read the story you still didn't have an answer :blush-anim-cl:

• 2 years later...
How wonderful that would be :mf_lustslow:, but for now it's just fantasy! (Didn't mean to rhyme :blush-anim-cl: )

Here's the answer to your Q Rebeka!

Mika had just arrived at Casablanca. No, not the recordcompany, but the city Casablanca in Morocco, also known as Dar Al-Bidah in Arabic.

After checking into his hotel Mika wanted to visit one of the big markets in the city because he had heard a lot about the colourful Moroccan souks. Being a great fan of everything connected to colour he simply couldn't resist the temptation!

As he was wandering around mesmerized by the souk he suddenly heard his name. 'Mika!'

'No, that can't be' , he thought to himself, 'I don't know anyone in Morocco!'

So he continued walking, but stopped almost immediately because he heard some-one calling him again: 'Mika!' And again: 'Mika, Mika!' He could now hear his name being called from every corner of the souk! Mika looked perplexed: 'How can so many people know my name when i haven't even released a song here?!' Mika felt proud and shy at the same time!

A little boy and girl walked up to him yelling: ' Mika, Mika!' Mika looked at the adorable kids, greeted them with his charming big smile in French and asked them what they wanted. Mika was all set to give them an autograph or take a picture with them. And the kids did want to ask him something! Quickly they asked in broken French: ' Do you want to buy a mika, a plastic bag for your souk-shopping?!' and held up the bags with their tiny little hands.

Mika, being the sweet guy that he is, already answered 'Sure!' before he realised what the kids were asking. 'That's a dirham each!' the girl said. Mika was :shocked: now he realised what they meant with 'mika' and paid absolutely speechless for a plastic bag. The kids ran off happily yelling: 'mika, mika!'

Mika went back to the hotel with his mika. He sat in his suite to fully comprehend what had just happened and started laughing uncontrollable!

At least his name was already 'famous' in Morocco and he would love to make his music known to this colourful country!!!

Salam Dounia

I don't know if you always come on Mfc, but I want to tell you that I liked your story :roftl:

I wanted to say to you also but I think you must know it now, that Mika came twice to Morocco, but not still to Casablanca :sad:

The first time was near Marrakech on may 2009 ,here are some twits and pics he sent

(Thank you Mook Key :thumb_yello: )

================

Total culture shock, from mud huts to car races in 3 hrs. I must be the most unlikely grand prix spectator. Was fun tho 11:45 AM May 3rd, 2009 via Twitter for iPhone

================

# Was driven around the grand prix track by Yvan Muller at 230km/hr ! I resign myself to being a passanger for ever. 11:41 AM May 3rd, 2009 via Twitter for iPhone

================

Woke up to this. Walking trip is over now. It's been amazing. Off to the city and to check out a car race! http://twitpic.com/4hdil 8:28 AM May 3rd, 2009 via Twitter for iPhone

2cegqcl.jpg

================

# Off to stay in a Berber Kasbah made of mud. Took five years to build. Legs feel like their made of marble today. More walking tomorrow. 11:41 AM May 1st, 2009 via Twitter for iPhone

================

# Here's the other side. This place is sick. Only here for one night tho http://twitpic.com/4ay4e 5:01 PM Apr 30th, 2009 via Twitter for iPhone

2dkwvv6.jpg

================

# Walked 38km today. Am in a mountain region where the 'mountains hold up the sky' that should b easy! 4:56 PM Apr 30th, 2009 via Twitter for iPhone

================

# My view http://twitpic.com/4axcz 4:52 PM Apr 30th, 2009 via Twitter for iPhone

5zqv5i.jpg

===================

2 pics of him at the car races are missing but I don't manage to find them

If somebody has them it would be nice to put them here :thumb_yello:

2v8pst1.jpg

Edited by Mlx

Salam Dounia

I don't know if you always come on Mfc, but I want to tell you that I liked your story :roftl:

I wanted to say to you also but I think you must know it now, that Mika came twice to Morocco, but not still to Casablanca :sad:

The first time was near Marrakech on may 2009 ,here are some twits and pics he sent

(Thank you Mook Key :thumb_yello: )

================

Total culture shock, from mud huts to car races in 3 hrs. I must be the most unlikely grand prix spectator. Was fun tho 11:45 AM May 3rd, 2009 via Twitter for iPhone

================

# Was driven around the grand prix track by Yvan Muller at 230km/hr ! I resign myself to being a passanger for ever. 11:41 AM May 3rd, 2009 via Twitter for iPhone

================

Woke up to this. Walking trip is over now. It's been amazing. Off to the city and to check out a car race! http://twitpic.com/4hdil 8:28 AM May 3rd, 2009 via Twitter for iPhone

================

# Off to stay in a Berber Kasbah made of mud. Took five years to build. Legs feel like their made of marble today. More walking tomorrow. 11:41 AM May 1st, 2009 via Twitter for iPhone

================

# Here's the other side. This place is sick. Only here for one night tho http://twitpic.com/4ay4e 5:01 PM Apr 30th, 2009 via Twitter for iPhone

================

# Walked 38km today. Am in a mountain region where the 'mountains hold up the sky' that should b easy! 4:56 PM Apr 30th, 2009 via Twitter for iPhone

================

# My view http://twitpic.com/4axcz 4:52 PM Apr 30th, 2009 via Twitter for iPhone

===================

2 pics of him at the car races are missing but I don't manage to find them

If somebody has them it would be nice to put them here :thumb_yello:

2v8pst1.jpg

Salaam Mlx!

I haven't been here in years :blink: but I'm still a Mika-fan :wub2:

I am glad you liked my story, hahaha :biggrin2:

Yeah!! Another moroccan fan :thumb_yello:

Here is one of the 2 pics :wink2:

rw5jyp.jpg

Edit: And here is the second one

Thank you Moon Key, what can we do without you? :blush-anim-cl:

2nh2nnm.jpg

Edited by Mlx

Yeah!! Another moroccan fan :thumb_yello:

Here is one of the 2 pics :wink2:

rw5jyp.jpg

Edit: And here is the second one

Thank you Moon Key, what can we do without you? :blush-anim-cl:

2nh2nnm.jpg

Mlx, are you assured what they are only fans?

• 7 years later...