2007 -- Mika interview backstage @ Wetten dass

mariposa

About the skeletons. He said it was inspired by the Mexican 'Day of the Dead.'

I should've known this, can't believe I didn't make the connection!

The day of the dead is a holiday in Latin countries where people celebrate the 'lives' of the dead.. Cuz they don't believe death is the end.

They walk around in costumes and huuge skull masks.. And they put offerings on the graves of their loved ones.. Often they also have a little shrine in their house..

And they have skull shaped figurines and candy and things like that.

THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED!

That sounds familiar, I've heard about the day of the dead! And I never made the connection either... Thanks for clearing up Diana!

Thanks a lot for posting!

He said Berlin was one the best shows in Germany...well I dont think so. Duesseldorf and Frankfurt have been much much better...:naughty:

Was he talking about the first or the second time he played in Berlin? Because I remembered hem saying something like 'the first concert I did in Germany...' - but maybe I got it wrong.

could anyone put the interview on youtube please....causethere are loadz of people who keep pming me cause they can't watch it...but I don't know how to do it....and I have to study (two exams tomorrow...argh)

Thank you for helping me out! :huglove:

I'm working on it!

Thanks a lot for posting!

He said Berlin was one the best shows in Germany...well I dont think so. Duesseldorf and Frankfurt have been much much better...:naughty:

can't talk about dusseldorf, but i think berlin was better than frankfurt! :wink2: maybe he doesn't have much memory about dusseldorf, cause he was drugged from the medicine against his illness, and well, berlin was the first show where he felt better.

ooooh, i LOVE this interview!! finally something good about mika in the german media, a presenter who had done her homework, and mika's answers - LOL!! "what do you want for 2008? - reneé zellweger!" :lmao: :lmao:

and mika's answers - LOL!! "what do you want for 2008? - reneé zellweger!" :lmao: :lmao:

sweet sweet confirmation :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I think Munich may have been even better for them...not that much for me and that splendid insane old lady who scratched me

In Frankfurt it was way more fun,mainly because you were next to me and not demented creatures

and the part where he said he wants to sell her sandwich-leftovers on ebay, lol, i almost fell off my chair!! :lmao:

well joanna, i also would've preferred to be next to you front row centre in munich, instead of 2nd row on the side! :bleh: grrr again @ that damn security ppl!! :sneaky2:

btw, he talked about the skeletons in the interview, said that they refer to mexican day of the dead. maybe luke has forwarded my question of what the skeleton is about, after all i got on his nerves with it in newcastle and london, i just refused to believe that he didn't know anything about it. :naughty:

Well the interview was done in a quiet setting, on a sofa... Totally different to a performance on stage. I think he still looked tired but at least his eyes were sparkling again and he looked like he was feeling more comfortable. Which was good, I think.

Totally agree with that, Blue! I also thought that he looked a bit tired, but "fine". And I don't mean that as in nice, but just that he seemed totally ok.:thumb_yello:

WORLDPEACE!!!!

Oh no, whenever I hear someone saying it it makes me think of Miss Congeniality and Sandra Bullock

Yes, me too! I absolutely ADORE Sandra Bullock, I love her!

And this also made me think of that movie

He doesn't mention Düsseldorf when talking about the great concerts in Germany

Well, I think it was GREAT!!

Ditto! Dusseldorf was the best! What would I say cause it was the only German one I went to, but still:bleh:

I like her earlier work but now she just annoys me cuz I feel she's fake.

She was on Jonathan Ross last friday to promote Bee Movie and she made me cringe. So fake!

And her face is all botoxed too. Brrr.

I haven't seen any interviews with her, but I loved in in Bridget Jones and a couple more movies where she was in...so I think I do like her :biggrin2:.

As for botox- nobody has more than Kylie!!

I'm actually quite happy that Mika prefers Renee to Kylie, I must admit:blush-anim-cl:

:biggrin2: Reneè Zellweger!She acted in all my favourite movies, e.g. Chicago and BJ's diary(btw...I prefer her a little more chubby)!!!!

i think so too !!!! She looks better when she is chubbier. Oh, Bridget Jones, i watched the dvd at least 10 times ... i just love all the bits of it, drink, smoke, weigh herself on the scale, singing all by myself desperately in her pajamas and Mr.Darcy in the reindeer wooly jumper ... bunny outfit and her lovely friends stuffed in a mini cooper ...... oh, the rain just stopped

Nurse Betty is also good

I'm actually quite happy that Mika prefers Renee to Kylie, I must admit:blush-anim-cl:

I'd still love to see a pic of the two of them... I'm sure it would look damn funny to have a 193cm tall Mika posing next to Kylie :)

can't talk about dusseldorf, but i think berlin was better than frankfurt! :wink2: maybe he doesn't have much memory about dusseldorf, cause he was drugged from the medicine against his illness, and well, berlin was the first show where he felt better.

ooooh, i LOVE this interview!! finally something good about mika in the german media, a presenter who had done her homework, and mika's answers - LOL!! "what do you want for 2008? - reneé zellweger!" :lmao: :lmao:

yay, and besides the interview is in English!!! no annoying dubbing!! :punk:

:wub2:

Thank you, Diana!!!

I'd still love to see a pic of the two of them... I'm sure it would look damn funny to have a 193cm tall Mika posing next to Kylie :)

Renee's not much taller than Kylie!

And since everyone else is doing i'll just add - I like her in Cold Mountain!!!

if anyone tells me how to get the video on my computer, i could also put it on youtube. is there a freeware to do that?

I already have it on my computer and am splitting it now so it can be put on youtube, so it's being worked on already. :)

i can't watch it either, i just read all your comments

but relax is on youtube

they all looked tired except the powerful vocal lady ... she looks like a really strong women, like a tower or something, i didn't say hi to her at hammersmith, bit scary ... she might be the only one has the power to abuse Mika on tour!!

i think i should shut up, cos i used to made up rubbish about M I K A, now my topic covers everyone, oh, that host, he is the bigger and german? austria? version of the tour manager, isn't he ?