Mikas music on TV/film.

RAK1

Same here! If I talk to someone about Mika, they're like; 'Who's Mika?' and then I have to name some old songs like Grace kelly or Relax and then they're like 'Ooooh that guy with the high voice!' or 'Ooooh that guy, never heard of him after that.' or something like that.. They just don't remember.

It tires me sometimes.. :facepalm:

I know the feeling  :(  But I usually use Grace Kelly to introduce Mika to people because it's the song they've heard and I've gotten a few people to become fans by easing them in with the music they remember 

Just heard Relax in a ice skating competition on tv.. never expected to hear Mika there. :fisch:

I heard Big girls a few years ago and nearly start screaming at the ice rink :D

Which competition was it?

Edited by cathouzouf
  • Like 1

I heard Big girls a few years ago and nearly start screaming at the ice rink :D

Which competition was it?

I wasn't really following it (my father was watching it :teehee: ), but I believe it was a international competition, but not sure wich distance.

All of the sudden I heard the first few notes of Relax and I almost fell off my chair haha :naughty:

I wasn't really following it (my father was watching it :teehee: ), but I believe it was a international competition, but not sure wich distance.

All of the sudden I heard the first few notes of Relax and I almost fell off my chair haha :naughty:

Ok thanks anyway :huglove:

A couple of weeks back, I heard Talk About You in the background on Coronation Street on tv.

Not the first time he has been played on there, or Eastenders for that matter.

• Like 1

This isn't exactly TV but this singer on YouTube called Dodie, (her YouTube channel is called Doddleoddle) did a cover of Happy Ending and I was so excited!! it's really good, but she plays the song a little too fast.

Edited by KiwiMikaFreak
  • Like 3

I was watching a Dutch tv program called 'Een Nieuw Begin' when all of the sudden Celebrate started to play. This is the first time I've ever heard a Mika song other then Grace Kelly or Relax and I was surprised to hear it  :D

Also, Big Girl started to play when I walked in the store this morning, not on topic, but it made me happy. I danced through the store :aah:

Edited by We-Are-Golden
  • Like 3

OMG! 

Today at Marshalls store I was shocked to hear 2 versions of "Staring at the Sun" following one another and I thought maybe a person who is responsible for music there was Mika fan as well   :naughty:

Edited by Gavkhar
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! 

Just saw this today in the morning and was shocked.... not in positive way though..

It's interesting to know your opinions about it.

Edited by Gavkhar

Hey guys! 

Just saw this today in the morning and was shocked.... not in positive way though..

It's interesting to know your opinions about it.

Which show is this? I agree with you... I don't like it, but it's cool that someone has chosen to use Mika's song :) 

Which show is this? I agree with you... I don't like it, but it's cool that someone has chosen to use Mika's song :)

This is Russian version of The Voice. 

Edited by Gavkhar