Mikas music on TV/film.

RAK1

On Saturday night for Miss France beauty contest , aka election of the most beautiful miss, they played three Mika songs:

Elle me dit :wub2:

Talk about you :wub2:

Staring at the sun :wub2:

And Je chante , song for TGV commercial is on TV once in a while too :wub2:

So far my husband hasn't noticed that Mika is the star of this commercial, so  I can  watch it  :clap:

• Like 4

Okay so I've just returned from a ski trip in Italy and Fedez was on the radio a lot and one time we were having lunch in a mountain restaurant and Beautiful Disaster came on and I swear I almost did a backflip :teehee:  And also the Italian guys on the table next to me started rapping to it and when it got to the chorus I scream-sung it and they couldn't speak English so we had a little arrangement going on where I did the English and they did the Italian :mf_rosetinted:  I am hopeless at singing thought so it was a Beautiful Disaster... ehhh.  See what I did there?  :naughty:

• Like 5

This isn't exactly TV but this singer on YouTube called Dodie, (her YouTube channel is called Doddleoddle) did a cover of Happy Ending and I was so excited!! it's really good, but she plays the song a little too fast.

Oh my gosh I love Dodie and NotJustABlondeand (And now Melanie) I saw the video in my subscription box and got a tad over-excited.  :naughty:

• Like 2

Is it only me who has noticed for a while they use any other world on the si perfume by Georgiou Armani? And also a while ago on celebrity big brother bit on the side they played Grace Kelly when Leslie came on which suited himcwell I think :)

When I was in the airport I was tearing around the duty free searching for Georgiou Armani Si and when I found it I sprayed it everywhere and my family was just watching dazed from across the room because I'm never usually interested in smelly stuff  :teehee:

• Like 1

On Christmas day I had to buy some food so I went to my local supermarket and I noticed something that would have been a lovely gift for a little girl I used to look after but I didn't buy it because I didn't know if she would visit me or not, and I met her mother after I was out of the shop who said they would both visit me next week, so after we talked for a while I went back into the shop to buy the gift for the girl, because it was the last one on the shelves and when I was buying it, I heard Vive le vent sang by Mika :wub2:  so glad I got back into the shop :biggrin2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I completely forgot about this because it happened before I joined the MFC but early last year when the Voice Australia auditions were shown on TV (New Zealand doesn't have a kiwi version of the Voice so we watch Australia's) one guy sang Grace Kelly for his blind audition and the producers even got MIKA TO SAY GOOD LUCK IN A VIDEO!!! My sister and I were screaming for the judges to turn but they didn't :( He did perform really well though and he was a good singer

• 2 weeks later...

I completely forgot about this because it happened before I joined the MFC but early last year when the Voice Australia auditions were shown on TV (New Zealand doesn't have a kiwi version of the Voice so we watch Australia's) one guy sang Grace Kelly for his blind audition and the producers even got MIKA TO SAY GOOD LUCK IN A VIDEO!!! My sister and I were screaming for the judges to turn but they didn't :( He did perform really well though and he was a good singer

OMG I REMEMBER THAT!! I thought I was the only one who noticed! I was screaming  :teehee:

Omg Mika made a video saying good luck? I dont rememeber that part :o HJHSDKJSDKJS If only I could watch it again!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A few months ago I heard J'ai Pas Envie at the end of a Greek commercial for toasts. This commercial is not played anymore and I'm trying to find it in order to recreate my "accidental" Mika moments (by "accidental" I mean "sitting in front of the telly and if the commercial comes up I start singing" xD)! I can remember a happy woman preparing breakfast for her even happier family while Mika's voice was inviting me to look at the TV screen.. :D

Oh my God, did I write all that stuff just to tell you that J'ai Pas Envie was used in a commercial? XD

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have this weird secret obsession where I watch all these reality to shows on YouTube, and it's not even the really famous American ones eg Jersey Shore, 16 and pregnant. I watch stuff like say yes to the dress, breaking Amish, cake boss etc and multiple times on supersize vs super skinny (both kids and adults I have heard Mika songs :lol:

Just heard a little bit of 'Popular Song' in Holland's Got Talent (the version with Ariana). Just a little part of it, but I only heard Mika's part, wich I found wonderful and surprising! :wub2:

omg thats WONDERFUL ADJHJAKDJSA

• Like 1

In NZ we have this music channel like MTV called The Edge Tv and people are able to send in playlists of music to be played for a segment called Uchoose. They only play playlists with mostly popular songs or songs that were famous though. A few times my playlists have been played and they always include Mika's music, but unfortunately they only play my playlist if it has is famous songs, so the newest Mika song they play would be Popular Song because that entered the charts in NZ. But they've played Grace Kelly before :)

• Like 2

In NZ we have this music channel like MTV called The Edge Tv and people are able to send in playlists of music to be played for a segment called Uchoose. They only play playlists with mostly popular songs or songs that were famous though. A few times my playlists have been played and they always include Mika's music, but unfortunately they only play my playlist if it has is famous songs, so the newest Mika song they play would be Popular Song because that entered the charts in NZ. But they've played Grace Kelly before :)

It's AWESOME that they played your playlist with Mika songs  :shocked:  :wub:  Thats lovely!

• Like 1