REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for Mika @ Orpheum Theatre in Boston, Massachussetts: 01-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh to mention what he was wearing...

He wore black pants with the shiny stuff (maybe beads) running down the sides and a white shirt until his gold jacket.

Then he took the jacket off and the shirt had the fake silver braces on it.

He had on the black and pink striped jacket for Missionary Man.

Then at the end he had on another jacket that had some beads on the back of it.

We had part of the backdrop that had the tree and yellow arrows on it. We also had the inflatable Big Girl and Lollipop Girl. It was actually kind of funny seeing them inflate during the song and deflate at the end.

*goes to pick out some pictures to resize and upload*

Before lollipop

in the costumes

where one is doing an animal from behind

and the other is going down

haha, i wanted to send my granny a video of lollipop from toronto but i can't find one without the 'bunny lovin' as you call it and i don't :naughty: think my gran would appreciate that as much as the mika fans lol.

Ooh to mention what he was wearing...

He wore black pants with the shiny stuff (maybe beads) running down the sides and a white shirt until his gold jacket.

Then he took the jacket off and the shirt had the fake silver braces on it.

He had on the black and pink striped jacket for Missionary Man.

Then at the end he had on another jacket that had some beads on the back of it.

We had part of the backdrop that had the tree and yellow arrows on it. We also had the inflatable Big Girl and Lollipop Girl. It was actually kind of funny seeing them inflate during the song and deflate at the end.

*goes to pick out some pictures to resize and upload*

I miss the real braces :no:

That theatre is insanely hard to take pictures in because it's so dim. You have to be right up close in order to get a good shot.

CIMG0927.jpg

CIMG0939.jpg

A pretty decent shot of Luke, Martin and Saranayde.

CIMG0941.jpg

CIMG0952.jpg

Everyone during Holy Johnny

CIMG0953.jpg

Yup, Holy Johnny will pray for ya too haha.

CIMG0955.jpg

In a nutshell....

Concert = Amazing

Security = terrifying/annoying

Luke = gave me a heart attack

Mika = got stuff signed and a hug.

Okay... more than a nutshell...

Concert... Amazing....

Andy was filming the audience from the stage before it all began. He spotted my mom and I from the stage and came over to us and filmed us because we were the only ones dressed up crazy. Seriously waiting outside to get into the theatre I felt so out of place. Everyone was dressed up like it was just an ordinary show and there I was with HUGE party glasses, a lei, and my hand headband. I wore jeans and a skirt over it with a new cute pink shirt.... So yeah anyway he filmed us for a bit and talked to someone behind us without the camera on then eventually filmed some other girls.

Just to make it stand out even more I cracked open 6 glow sticks. Had two around my wrist guard, one around my other wrist and made the others into a headband.

Saranayde coming out of that balloon... I didn't expect that and I think I have that recorded.

I never jumped so high in my life during Love Today... My camera was around my neck and it was hitting me so hard haha.

During LT Cherisse drummed on Mikey's bass..... amazing... sounded awesome I caught it on video. I didn't expect that... it was wow... Mikey's bass also lights up and flashes blue!!!! It was so cool!

Some chick at the end tried talking to me and I couldn't hear so I missed the last bit of Lollipop. I couldn't find Mika on the stage at the end because he pulled a LOT of people up onto the stage to dance.

Security after.... holy cow. They were cruel. The theatre is on a dead end and they pushed ALL of us back to the road then tried to kick us off the road... I waited around because I had a couple gifts for the band. I pretty much wanted to cry at one point because I was disappointed and almost just walked away. It started to rain so more people left. I made my way all the way back up to the theatre doors and pulled out the gifts but security yelled at me to get away. I saw Mikey for a split second but wasn't able to yell out his name so I moved over towards the side of the road that the tour bus was on tricky security so they thought I was leaving from that direction, gosh I sound like a stalker hahaha.

Waited... and waited... then I thought I spotted Luke.... I called out his name but I couldn't yell very loud because I screamed my lungs out during the gig. I called out again "Luke!" and he looked over and I said "is that you?!!" and I started to jog towards him afraid security was going to pop out of the blue and tackle me. Luke pretty much gave me a heart attack. He started to pull the door open of the tour bus and after he paused and saw me he crouched down and made it look like he was going to make a mad dash into the bus like I was an insane fan. My heart pretty much stopped at that point until he started walking towards me. I apologized because I thought I had scared him. :naughty: I gave him the gifts and told him which one was his and he was surprised. I told him that I was so glad to bump into him because security was pushing us away. I asked if I could get a picture with him and he said sure. I tried calling my mom down the road but he said "lets go down there" or something like that. I thought that was really sweet that he'd go out of his way for a picture. He's so nice. I got two with him because the first one he looked away. I told him that he gave me such a heart attack and I seriously really was shaking after because I thought I had scared him. He's a jokester. I was surprised that no one else that was waiting around wanted to meet him. There was only one other person that had their picture taken. I figured that as soon as they saw me getting a picture taken with someone they'd swarm around us.

Eventually the rest of us snuck up to the theatre. Security said he was coming out and they kept telling us to get up against the wall. So we did. I thought he was just going to walk by but he stood under the awning. I was about ready to just bypass everyone and leave but security told us to stay put against the wall. Turns out they were allowing us to go up to him, get something signed (no photos at all) and then leave. I fumbled to get out my dvd which also had a picture of him and I when he was going to sign my CD from the first gig. When I got up there my mom said hi and went passed him and he turned to me and tried signing the picture but his sharpie had gotten wet and it wasn't working well so he also signed the dvd. I said to him, "I already gave Luke your gift" I can't remember what he said back and I said "so you're going to have to harass him for it." :naughty: He kept looking over at my mom, I think it was because he must have thought it was strange that she waited in line but didn't want anything signed. He allowed hugs so I got/gave mine, said thanks and that he puts on a amazing show and he said to me, "hey nice glasses" because I had my big party glasses around my neck. Him and my mom shook hands and I think she thanked him the we left and it was DOWN POURING. I don't think my jeans are going to be dry by the time we have to get on the bus tomorrow.

I also met titty (I believe that's her name on here) while waiting around too. :original:

Even though I was quite angry when Lollipop was over because I missed the best part of it and then security got me really disappointed and I lost like all of my hopes on getting the stuff to them or at least saying hi to one of them getting to meet Luke and Mika made everything well again. :biggrin2:

The night went by so fast. I'm pretty much going to wake up in the morning thinking it was just a dream until I see pictures on my computer haha.

Wow! What a fantastic report...thank you!:shocked:

So sorry to hear that Security were a pain inthe arse...it is awful when that happens isn't it.:thumbdown: It happened to us in Turin when Mika was clearly heard to be saying 'I want to speak to those people' and one set of security guards were pulling us one way and another set PULLING HIM the other :shocked:

But on the whole it sounds as though you had a great night..........wow this tour is going SO well!

Just a couple, comps being slow to upload

I think this was Billy Brown

Photo064.jpg

Mika and the skeleton

Photo100.jpg

SETLIST:

Relax, take it easy

Big Girl

My Interpretation

Bily Brown

Holy Johnny

Any Other world

Ring Ring

How Much Do you love me

Stuck in the middle

Saranayde and Missionary Man

Happy Ending

Love Today

Grace Kelly

Encore:

Lollipop (no surprise there)

CIMG0998.jpg

This one came out soo good!

CIMG0999.jpg

It looks like he's trying to hide from us and the skeleton is sneaking up on him hahaha.

CIMG1000.jpg

He kept hidden from us a lot during this part.

CIMG1001.jpg

This was where he ducked down and acted like he was afraid that the skeleton was going to hit him.

CIMG1004.jpg

The moment you heard everyone go, "awwww."

CIMG1005.jpg

CIMG1007.jpg