Report inappropriate behaviour

Diana

It has been brought to our attention that a lot of members have experienced a negative change in the atmosphere on the MFC.

Members feel they are being victimised, singled out or even bullied.

Ofcourse this is reason for concern. The MFC has always prided itself in being a safe and friendly environment for Mika fans of all ages. We'd like to keep that positive atmosphere and in order to do that we need your help.

If you see any bullying going on, inappropriate comments being made, people being singled out or when you feel like you're being treated unfairly for no reason we urge you to contact a member of the forum team via pm or by reporting the post.

In order to do something about this recent trend we need specifics - what was said, when and who said it - so we can have a chance to act as mediators and figure out what needs to be done.

Forum team

Admins

dcdeb

StandardToaster

Moderators

Christine

Lollipop_monkey

Robertina

guylainem123

Blue Sky

fmbm

droopsy

We're counting on your co-operation to keep this place as fabulous as it is!

Thanks in advance. :thumb_yello:

- Diana

Edited by guylainem123

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good advice but...it might also be a better option...

if you think its better to PM the specific person who is offending you. That way you not need to invlove anyone, or everyone, who has nothing to do with the concern. It might turn out to be as simple as interpreting their post incorrectly.

Let's keep it simple first - then complicate it, if it has to.

It has been brought to our attention that a lot of members have experienced a negative change in the atmosphere on the MFC.

Ofcourse this is reason for concern. The MFC has always prided itself in being a safe and friendly environment for Mika fans of all ages. We'd like to keep that positive atmosphere and in order to do that we need your help.

If you see any bullying going on, inappropriate comments being made, people being singled out or when you feel like you're being treated unfairly for no reason we urge you to contact a member of the forum team via pm or by reporting the post.

In order to do something about this recent trend we need specifics - what was said, when and who said it - so we can have a chance to act as mediators and figure out what needs to be done.

Forum team

Admins

Deano

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Moderators

Dcdeb

Happikali

Lollipop_monkey

Nico_collard

Niki27

Queenie

And yours truly,

Diana

- Diana

YES !!!!!!!

if you think its better to PM the specific person who is offending you. That way you not need to invlove anyone, or everyone, who has nothing to do with the concern. It might turn out to be as simple as interpreting their post incorrectly.

AND YES !!!!!!

I'm all for that when it's just an incident (it's great if you can work it out among yourselves) but what we're speaking of here is bullying, people being singled out and victimized on a regular basis.

It's important that the forum team is aware of what's going on on the boards. In order to make the right decision we need to be well informed. In example, it's very useful to know whether it's the first time something happened with a particular user or if they've done something similar before.

Forum team

Admins

Deano

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Moderators

Dcdeb

Happikali

Lollipop_monkey

Nico_collard

Niki27

Queenie

And yours truly,

Diana

- Diana

Yes! I really want this place to remain how it was!

We have to all remember that we are all VERY different people, and frankly, when you have as many members as MFC, then there is clearly going to be a few clashes from time to time. But we do have one thing that unites us all... Mika.

Not everyone is going to like every post, that is life! If you don't like a thread then don't read it... however, if you feel there is a serious issue (Bullying, Spam, illegal activity etc...), then please contact one of the mods.

Note: I also appreciate that not everyone is going to agree with everything the mods do and say... they are after all human. So if you feel you cannot go to the mods, then contact me directly and I will look into it.

I invite all of you to PM me with the EXACT problems you have had. Please do not send rumours, I need to see exact pages, exact quotes, or exact PM's.

<Deanos post from a while ago>

I'm all for that when it's just an incident (it's great if you can work it out among yourselves) but what we're speaking of here is bullying, people being singled out and victimized on a regular basis.

Yes. That worked for me and another member a while ago.

I can see what people are saying, ive noticed a bit of bickering, just silly things, but i dont think ive ever witnessed bullying here. Being a victim of physical and mental bullying in the past, i know what it feels like and would hate to see anyone go through it.

I remember this place when it was all shiny and new, people had a lot of respect and there was no swearing - no need for a filter like we have now (where the little stars come up). Maybe people had more respect then?

But i don't think we'll ever be back there again as things change - but maybe it could be better?

Its good to know we have a good team of mods supporting us along the way.

:wub2: I know I responded to this just before with "Yes" ..... however .... I just feel to add ..... that talking to a mod doesn't necessarily mean 'complicated' ... or involving anyone other than that mod ...... sometimes a simple exchange with a moddy can sort it out ... without fear of 'authority' or some kind of imagined retribution ... I for one, am NOT here to judge .... sometimes it's just about being available to listen ... & then if possible ... to respond according to need ...... :thumb_yello::wub2:

What I notice a lot is that a few threads are what I would classify as "VIP threads"- because only certain users are expected to chat on them. Nothing wrong with that, I think, but if a new user of that thread presents themself, their posts shouldn't be ignored. I have experienced such a thing on one or two threads, being ignored, and I'm sure that it wasn't because someone missed my posts. Don't want to mention any names at the mo. Only when I finally stood up and wrote in HUGE writing what I meant, someone answered me. But that was because I stood up. Some users are shy or newbies, and don't know what to do if such a situation occurs.

Thank you so much for this sticky, Diana:wub2:

Peace:thumb_yello:

Madalena/ ISITM

personally i don't think it's as serious as bullying...

there's such an age range on here, as well as different ethnics and a language barrier and what not. I think a lot of things get lost in translation, if you get me. A lot of people are involved in Cliques. Maybe they didn't mean to, but everyone form stronger bonds with certain people. Everyone has a different sense of humour, sarcasm being the biggest one on here, as well as hyperactivity. I don't think anyone MEANS to offend anyone, but there's a lot of differences we have to acknowledge. I think that's the main problem, but there's not a lot we can do about it, except to advise people to read before they post.

We regard PMD as Post Mika Depression - it could also be the

code for resolving issues!!

P - PM first to try and sort it out

M - Moderator, if you can't resolve it

D - Deano or Fred as the final step!

that's such a cute/clever acronym! My college has a strong history of honor codes and I actually wrote my senior thesis on honor codes, and this is basically what they say... haha in the context of MFC at least... hahah wow! there go my 29 pages in 3 sentences. haha

What I notice a lot is that a few threads are what I would classify as "VIP threads"- because only certain users are expected to chat on them. Nothing wrong with that, I think, but if a new user of that thread presents themself, their posts shouldn't be ignored. I have experienced such a thing on one or two threads, being ignored, and I'm sure that it wasn't because someone missed my posts. Don't want to mention any names at the mo. Only when I finally stood up and wrote in HUGE writing what I meant, someone answered me. But that was because I stood up. Some users are shy or newbies, and don't know what to do if such a situation occurs.

Madalena/ ISITM

I do kind of agree with what youre saying, about there being certain little 'gangs'. Because of the type of person i am, i'm not that bothered about whether i get into the cliques or not.

I do sense the tone of 'you have to have been there' and there's a lot of private jokes which people are reluctant to explain - it might scare the newbies a bit.

I know sometimes the threads move really fast and you lose track of who is there, but the thing i like most about the bar/British threads/younglings/girls thread is that when you post, a lot of people will say to you 'Hi, how are you?'. Its just common courtesy to acknowledge that somebody is speaking. (but as i said, sometimes posts do get missed if its a busy night).

and some of the language ive seen is not very nice - (i know we have language filters for some words) there's a time and a place for swearing, and i don't think the MFC needs it.

True... unfortuntely some people won't talk about it in PMs, and continue to do it on thread...

That's probably when you need to talk to a mod...

We have to all remember that we are all VERY different people, and frankly, when you have as many members as MFC, then there is clearly going to be a few clashes from time to time. But we do have one thing that unites us all... Mika.

Not everyone is going to like every post, that is life! If you don't like a thread then don't read it... however, if you feel there is a serious issue (Bullying, Spam, illegal activity etc...), then please contact one of the mods.

Note: I also appreciate that not everyone is going to agree with everything the mods do and say... they are after all human. So if you feel you cannot go to the mods, then contact me directly and I will look into it.

I invite all of you to PM me with the EXACT problems you have had. Please do not send rumours, I need to see exact pages, exact quotes, or exact PM's.

<Deanos post from a while ago>

*bows to Deano for writing it and Freddie for posting it*

:biggrin2: I'm glad we have such a good mod support team and that they care about our problems. I have pmed HK about a problem of mine in the past and it was one of the best things I've done. :wink2: Don't be afraid guys, these guys are the nicest people

See... we don't bite!

Hard...

:naughty:

:wub2: I know I responded to this just before with "Yes" ..... however .... I just feel to add ..... that talking to a mod doesn't necessarily mean 'complicated' ... or involving anyone other than that mod ...... sometimes a simple exchange with a moddy can sort it out ... without fear of 'authority' or some kind of imagined retribution ... I for one, am NOT here to judge .... sometimes it's just about being available to listen ... & then if possible ... to respond according to need ...... :thumb_yello::wub2:

*bows to HK*

We regard PMD as Post Mika Depression - it could also be the

code for resolving issues!!

P - PM first to try and sort it out

M - Moderator, if you can't resolve it

D - Deano or Fred as the final step!

OOOOOH! I likes it Wendi!

Would you mind if I put it in my sig? *puppy dog eyes*

Madalena/ ISITM

I have the same problem as you :blink:

As an example: there was this thead were someone said we should sing a song so I made one and 1 or 2 posts under my post someone made one to, which was almost exactly the same but mine was ignored even when I made the text red :blink::thumbdown:

And this happens a lot but I thought that it was me, that I was doing something wrong or something. As a result I rarely post in the English forums because I don't feel comfortable there. It feels like being in school again.

Quick question:

How do you report a bad post/thread? I remember seeing an option somewhere where you could do that, but i can't find it!!

Thanks...

under every avatar there are 2 icons

The green light and this one: report.gif

click the one that belongs to the post you want to report