Over My Shoulder

Louiza

I've always loved over my shoulder. I suppouse I've got a lot of feelings that's constantly lying underneath my skin, and over my shoulder is very similar to them, to my own feelings, and I guess I feel myself in another and perhaps truer way when I hear it.

My personal interpretation is that it is about people rumbling around in the world whithout knowing why and how. Those feelings of desorientation and loneliness are described in the song I guess...

The world is not recognizable in the song, and I think it feels like when you're in a state of helplessness and sadness. the lyrics seem to ask what the point of living is.

I think it feels like a depression. The state of constant fog and sleeplessness applies it.

Over my shoulder, running away,

Feels like i'm falling, losing my way,

Cold and dry,

Cold and dry.

Fog out my daylight, torture my night,

Feels like i'm falling, far out of sight,

Cold,

Drunk,

Tired,

Lost.

I've always loved over my shoulder. I suppouse I've got a lot of feelings that's constantly lying underneath my skin, and over my shoulder is very similar to them, to my own feelings, and I guess I feel myself in another and perhaps truer way when I hear it.

My personal interpretation is that it is about people rumbling around in the world whithout knowing why and how. Those feelings of desorientation and loneliness are described in the song I guess...

The world is not recognizable in the song, and I think it feels like when you're in a state of helplessness and sadness. the lyrics seem to ask What's the point of living is.

I think it feels like a depression. The state of constant fog and sleeplessness applies it.

sad, but beautifully said at the same time.

It's a beautiful song, very deep and devastating if you listen to it in a certain mood, and I was just talking in the Milano gig thread that it's a real pity he's not singin it live anymore.. :sad:

Over my shoulder, running away,

Feels like i'm falling, losing my way,

Cold and dry,

Cold and dry.

Fog out my daylight, torture my night,

Feels like i'm falling, far out of sight,

Cold,

Drunk,

Tired,

Lost.

It is "Fork out my daylight, torture my night". :thumb_yello::punk:

Popular interpretations say it's Mika doing his laundry. Cold & dry. :naughty:

Here are some earlier interpretations: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320

Have a look at pages 8 or 9 - there is stuff about OMS. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

It is "Fork out my daylight, torture my night". :thumb_yello::punk:

Popular interpretations say it's Mika doing his laundry. Cold & dry. :naughty:

Here are some earlier interpretations: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320

Have a look at pages 8 or 9 - there is stuff about OMS. :thumb_yello:

hahaha I trust letssingit too much.

I always thought he sang cold and drunk first I heard it :naughty:. and "forgot my daylight". hm. Well lyrics becomes more interesting when I create them. hehe

Actually my piano partitions book says it's "Fog out my daylight" - but this book has proved to be wrong pretty often :sneaky2:. ("My truths are bigger than yours" in SITM :lmfao:).

I know, the piano one is bad!

In My Interpretation the words ARE: "Its really not such a sacrifice"

However the book says "Its really not such a sad day if I..."

lol!

over my shoulder has been my favortie song by Mika since i first heard about him:wink2: i really think that it is amazing how he can make somthing so beautiful that can touch so many ppl all around the world. The song is very sad but i think thats what makes it so beautiful. Also i pray that what ever Mika was going through when he wrote the song has passed and that he is very happt and well. After all he needs to be if we're gonna get married:mf_lustslow: Just Kidding!

Those were the first words of his that I noticed,

feels like I'm falling

losing my day...

Cold, dry..

feels like I'm falling far out of sight.

just how I was feeling, falling off the edge, over and over, day after day;

someone else knew what it felt like and was singing about it, how pleasing, company...

Over My Shoulder is a funny one for me.

I don't really like the album version much. However, the Koko version is just stunning, especially when Mika's countertenor friend joins in for the second half..it's so beautiful. The fact that Mika's voice 'wobbles' a bit on the highest notes in fact only makes it better, for me. It has so much emotion in it. This video never fails to give me the tingles! For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVupfDxGK0M

Zoom through Billy Brown first if you must (although why would you want to :naughty::thumb_yello: )

Over My Shoulder is a funny one for me.

I don't really like the album version much.

I agree, I prefer the live version of 'over my shoulder'. It's really a beautiful song :wub2: