Is your avatar missing? Can't reach your PM box? Maybe you know someone who is having problems logging in?

Use this thread for any technical issues you have with MFC!

The "MFC suggestions" thread is for more general suggestions - say, that we replace the picture of Mika in the banner with a picture of a donkey.

Use this thread for OMG-MFC-is-broken type requests. :wink2:

• Like 1

great idea :thumb_yello: soooo

why can't I make my sig any longer, what you see on mine is as much as it will let me have on it, I get the bb code characters too many stuff, but my sig aint exactly mahoosive is it, as Jim Carey would say "I've had better" or in my case "I've seen bigger"

Hi, I was wondering why the cookies are cleared everytime i log off?

I have a question:

When I check who's online at the moment there are 82 members and 107 guests

and 85 of those "guests" are called Yahoo! Surf Spider!

What on earth is that?:blink:

I have a question:

When I check who's online at the moment there are 82 members and 107 guests

and 85 of those "guests" are called Yahoo! Surf Spider!

What on earth is that?:blink:

I don't know if you remember that bot conversation we had in the appleman thread. The spiders are automated programs that go through the site and catalogue information so that it appears in search engines.

They serve other purposes too, but this is what the Yahoo spiders are doing.

great idea :thumb_yello: soooo

why can't I make my sig any longer, what you see on mine is as much as it will let me have on it, I get the bb code characters too many stuff, but my sig aint exactly mahoosive is it, as Jim Carey would say "I've had better" or in my case "I've seen bigger"

There seem to be restrictions on signature size in place. it could be due to the height of your picture, or blank lines somewhere.

Hi, I was wondering why the cookies are cleared everytime i log off?

Do you mean when you close your browser? If so, that would be some kind of issue with your PC.

Do you mean when you close your browser? If so, that would be some kind of issue with your PC.

I think she means when she logs out of MFC, I have the same if I click "log out" in the toolbar-which I do when I connect from a public place - but I actually think it's meant to be that way , right? :)

I don't know if you remember that bot conversation we had in the appleman thread. The spiders are automated programs that go through the site and catalogue information so that it appears in search engines.

They serve other purposes too, but this is what the Yahoo spiders are doing.

Thanks Christine!:thumb_yello:

I have never been able to see them before.

Intresting, but a little sad too that we don't have so many guests as I/we first thought!:blink:

There seem to be restrictions on signature size in place. it could be due to the height of your picture, or blank lines somewhere.

Andrew, could you specify what the size restrictions are? I know it

was posted here by deano a while ago, but I haven't found them

again, and I think people (i.e. me :wink2: )

would like to know exactly what the limits are. :)

I have never been able to see them before.

Intresting, but a little sad too that we don't have so many guests as I/we first thought!:blink:

Andrew recently did a little tweak that allows us to see which guests

are really people and which are not -- I wasn't sure if it was just mods

could see it, but I guess it's everyone since you're seeing it as well! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

No, not the browser.

I think she means when she logs out of MFC, I have the same if I click "log out" in the toolbar-which I do when I connect from a public place - but I actually think it's meant to be that way , right? :)

Yes Niki, exactly what u said, it happens when i log out of MFC.. So why is that? Is it optional or it has to be like this?

There's something weird going on with the Oldlings thread page 155.

A popup sign in box appears that reads:

Authentication required.

Enter username and password for "sz-magazin . de" at http : //sz-magazin2.sueddeutsche . de

It seems as if it's got to do with Crystal's post.

When looking at her profile, or any page with a post from her, the same thing happens.

When looking at this thread: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12215

it also happens, numerous times.. Crystal hasn't posted on that page though.

There's something weird going on with the Oldlings thread page 155.

A popup sign in box appears that reads:

Authentication required.

Enter username and password for "sz-magazin . de" at http : //sz-magazin2.sueddeutsche . de

It seems as if it's got to do with Crystal's post.

When looking at her profile, or any page with a post from her, the same thing happens.

When looking at this thread: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12215

it also happens, numerous times.. Crystal hasn't posted on that page though.

I can't see anything... Can you screencap what you have on your screen, maybe?

No, not the browser.

Yes Niki, exactly what u said, it happens when i log out of MFC.. So why is that? Is it optional or it has to be like this?

If you log out, your cookies are cleared, which means you have to enter your data again in order to log in.

If she doesn't want this to happen, just tell her to close the MFC window without logging out.

I can't see anything... Can you screencap what you have on your screen, maybe?

Good news!

It's not doing it today so it must've been fixed or got scared and disappeared :naughty:

If you log out, your cookies are cleared, which means you have to enter your data again in order to log in.

If she doesn't want this to happen, just tell her to close the MFC window without logging out.

Who is she?:blink: the she is me :roftl:.. anyways thanx:thumb_yello:

Who is she?:blink: the she is me :roftl:.. anyways thanx:thumb_yello:

Ooops sorry :blush-anim-cl: I got confused somewhere in my reasoning :blink: I hope it helps, anyway :roftl:

Ooops sorry :blush-anim-cl: I got confused somewhere in my reasoning :blink: I hope it helps, anyway :roftl:

No problem :naughty:

I'm not sure if this is the right thread...but, I'm wondering what's going on in the upcoming gig threads, with regard to the RSVP thing.... it seems that we can't change our RSVP now? The little box isn't there anymore..... Is there another way of changing it?

Thanks

I'm not sure if this is the right thread...but, I'm wondering what's going on in the upcoming gig threads, with regard to the RSVP thing.... it seems that we can't change our RSVP now? The little box isn't there anymore..... Is there another way of changing it?

Thanks

Thanks neeve - that's a glitch from the last software upgrade. We'll get it fixed ASAP. :thumb_yello:

Thanks neeve - that's a glitch from the last software upgrade. We'll get it fixed ASAP. :thumb_yello:

Great :thumb_yello: Thanks

I assume that we no longer need to donate to MFC to defray running costs...(and heaven knows some of us donated way too much before we knew we were bing sold to the Big M)

I notice the "Help us" link is gone from the upper toolbar, but the "I donated" button remains under people's avatars and still connects to this page

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/vbdonator.php

We know the page itself was full of little glitches: no. of times donated, total amount donated etc. didn't work accurately, and deano kept saying he would fix it. In the end I guess now it isn't worth fixing the page....

But I can't help feeling somewhat miffed that we kept donating even while the sale of the site was being negotiated for FAR bigger bucks than our contributions. Deano should, in all fairness, have disabled the donations button, not just kept on accepting our money. It was, in some ways, our money which was helping him keep the service running so that it was attractive enough for the big sale.

There was a lot of talk from FD about possible special perks for donators, and stuff like that, after we became "official". I know this is not going to happen (neither the perks nor some official announcement of the fact we are already official), and I still feel miffed about the donations.

So at least I thought we could have a discussion about whether the "I donated" button should still exist. If so, should it still link to a page where you can still send donations? That will go through to whose Paypal account?? Should that Paypal account continue to be able to reap profits from this site? Or was that Paypal account sold too (or closed??)?

Yes, I am miffed. I donated every month for 9 months, a total of $278. I rank up there in the Top 10 donators (and I never got the T shirt, FD)

I think we need to have a discussion. I feel like I should practically be a minor shareholder in the site for that price.:ap_rosetinted:

When I try to hide the front page news about the FAQ section, it always shows when I go back to the homepage. It never stays hidden..

why?