xBillyBrownx

Robbie has been my favourite singer since forever. I actually dunno why, but even Rudebox, which most of people didn't like, I liked :D

I'm really sorry for him, his insanity and all the other things. But I read somewhere that he is working on a new album. Is it true? Cause I would really like to hear some new songs from him :)

News on his return were everywhere in the media today. Single out in October and album in November,

After first listening I don't like it at all :no:

PS: ...seems Mika is safe from competition ...:naughty:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbie has been my favourite singer since forever. I actually dunno why, but even Rudebox, which most of people didn't like, I liked :D

Yeah, I'm a Robbie fan since 2003 and now he shares my heart with Mika :blush-anim-cl:

I love Rudebox too!

News on his return were everywhere in the media today. Single out in October and album in November,

I liked the new song :biggrin2: I'm listening on repeat all day :teehee:

Well, Robbie was a Trending Topic on twitter this morning just because Chris Moyles played Bodies for the first time, I think there is "space" for both :naughty::thumb_yello:

Ok, I fell in love with Robbie when Take That were, I guess, in their hayday years, in the late 80's, early 90's as I used to watch Ray Cokes on MTV and they were on his show often. I have all of his CD's and Take That's as well. I'm listening to Bodies right now on my iPhone with an application called museradio on BBC1 and I like it. I'd love to see a Take That reunion..that would be worth a trip to the "old world".

Robbie is so cheeky, which being a smart-azz type myself, I appreciate.

hm... I like this actually :)

But I still think that Robbie will never be as "good" as he was 5-6 years ago... Too bad, cause he's got the all the potential in the world.

But it actually doesn't matter any more, he already has bunch of hits that will probably be considered as evergreen 30 years from now ;) He'll be remembered, no doubt ;)

edit:

he looks great!

I thought he gained weight.

Edited by Izzie

• 1 month later...

:roftl:

Robbie perfoming on the X-factor with his new single:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cErfxQnSmiw

he is off key in the beginning but he still have that HUGE stage presence, you know? He was born to sing and do this! :wub2:

:roftl:

Robbie perfoming on the X-factor with his new single:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cErfxQnSmiw

he is off key in the beginning but he still have that HUGE stage presence, you know? He was born to sing and do this! :wub2:

I think it was actually good, though extremely boring until the middle. In the second half, however, when it is mainly the chorus repeated, he opened up and old Robbie returned. The effects helped as well.

PS: I still think the song itself is c**p. :teehee:

Edited by suzie

Wow! Robbie....hmmm I have to say I don't really like him as a person, but I like him as the artist he is. That X factor performance: well, he looks a bit out of the loop he looks fallen back on his head but he really puts up well on his own. I'm REALLY eager to see about the colaboration with TT! :fangurl: and I just have to say! I've read this morning in a magazine that he'll have a gig in LDN on the 20th this month and the gig will be shown in cinemas around Europe including Romania. I can't wait! :teehee:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8304489.stm

eekkkkkkkk

His eyes look like he was drugged up

:shocked: you are right...

but you have obviously not seen this photo yet otherwise you have chosen a scarier one:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/2678677/I-dont-want-to-lock-DJ.html

:blink:

Must be 'the pressure'...

That X factor performance: well, he looks a bit out of the loop he looks fallen back on his head but he really puts up well on his own.

a review....

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/we-love-telly/2009/10/the-x-factor-did-robbie-entert.html

... to me it was not that strange as the first and only time I saw him live (summer 2006) he was in a similar form.. However, in a stadium all the effects make his moves look much cooler. Besides, the songs he sang were such better that time...:teehee:

I was cringing at the start poor robbie such pressure and as Suzie says such a poor song.

But from the middle on his charm came through and so it ended up ok.

I feel sorry for him, poor guy, makes me think of that song when he sang about how we all love him now but wont when we are done with him...no idea what its called, but he sang it on a circlular stage.

I think once you have taken loads of drugs, you loose nerve endings and your body esp eyes dont ever return to normal. I thought he looked like he had a neurological prob like this...but dunno, he is still on perscription drugs and they are just as bad as the illegal ones

I hope he does well and i think he will

Hmmmm ....

He really does seem to freak out over live stuff huh? :blink:

He looks out of it , sorry but his eyes smell of ... hmmm "substance"

I love him to bits ... apart from Mika , I likes Robster:wub2:

His behaviour at the X-Factor did not surprise me at all...

He sold 4 1/2 million of Rudebox - much higher than what the album is actually worth, but it is only a failure if you compare it with his previous albums...Just because it flopped in the UK, it does not mean that it was received badly in other parts of the world.

But obviously there is an enormous pressure on him, particularly in the UK and his reaction to the audience's cheers shows that he has not fully recovered from whatever he needed to recover from. :cool:

I listened to a long BBCRadio1 interview with him on YT (with Chris Moyles who was much much nicer to him than to Mika), and even in that one you sense that he is full of insecurities, particularly about the reception of his new single and album.

His behaviour at the X-Factor did not surprise me at all...

He sold 4 1/2 million of Rudebox - much higher than what the album is actually worth, but it is only a failure if you compare it with his previous albums...Just because it flopped in the UK, it does not mean that it was received badly in other parts of the world.

But obviously there is an enormous pressure on him, particularly in the UK and his reaction to the audience's cheers shows that he has not fully recovered from whatever he needed to recover from. :cool:

I listened to a long BBCRadio1 interview with him on YT (with Chris Moyles who was much much nicer to him than to Mika), and even in that one you sense that he is full of insecurities, particularly about the reception of his new single and album.

But wouldnt you be nicer to Robbie than Mika, Mika can take it and more and deosnt seem to care what ppl think. but Robbie just needs to be loved, poor boy (man!)

Yes agree

Half way through the song he really kicked it in and I though wow :shocked:

Thats the robbie we know and love :wub2:

The way he was spinning across the stage was just ace:roftl:

that spin was cute and so robbie, i hope he tames his demons

I think all that fame and adoration must send you a bit barking, esp when mixed with loads of drugs.

He doesnt have anthing I want

poor guy

Yes thats the issue ....I get that .....

Example .. when I go to work in Portland , Im out most nights drinking , my hotel toom gets trashed and people clean it , unlimited money , do what I want , no family , no cleaning .. basically "no routine" ..

Even from that level I struggle to come back home and get domestic again , people like robbie must REALLY struggle