Photography!

This is a thread to all of you photographers out there, or all of those people who just admire it. It has become the love of my life. I think it'd be great to discuss and share eachothers art work. If there are other photographers on here.

here's a link to my flickr account, it's small right now, but i'm building up my portfolio.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jackiejay/

be sure to check out the other 'sets' on the right hand side of my photostream!

Nailia's photosteam:

http://flickr.com/photos/instantpleasure

:punk::thumb_yello:

I was just playing around. This is all from my backyard.

DSC00872.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

they're just still shots, but i did them with my sh!tty digital camera.

Aw, they're very pretty! I wish my backyard had flowers like those!

I have to admit though, nature photography doesn't do much for me.

I like taking ordinary things or even crappy things and making them beautiful by the way you photograph it.

edit: btw, the camera you shoot with doesn't really matter in my opinion. Sure it's nice to have great quality, but if someone doesn't have an eye for it, a high quality camera with a fancy lense isn't gunna do much for their photo.

Aw, they're very pretty! I wish my backyard had flowers like those!

I have to admit though, nature photography doesn't do much for me.

I like taking ordinary things or even crappy things and making them beautiful by the way you photograph it.

I'm just partial to and fascinated by flower in general though:blush-anim-cl: and since it's by backyard i like to remember it, but i agree that making everyday sh!t beautiful is awesome. (i like to do other things, but my subjects rarely like to be still long enough since it's just a hobbie for me:naughty:)

here is a backyard non flower one lmao

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc165/LadyMadonna922/DSC00904.jpg

the outside shots are the only ones i have on my computer:thumbdown:

You must be after my heart. :wub2:

I'm going to be an official professional photographer June 19th 2009. :punk:

Eeee! wow, that's so exciting! congratulations!

this may be a dumb question but what makes you a 'professional'?

are you graduating from a school or class?

Gah, I'm such a nerd, I can't wait to talk to more people about this! nothing makes me happier!:wub2:

You must be after my heart. :wub2:

I'm going to be an official professional photographer June 19th 2009. :punk:

thats really wonderful! did you take the pictures in your siggy? i like them a lot!

edit: btw, the camera you shoot with doesn't really matter in my opinion. Sure it's nice to have great quality, but if someone doesn't have an eye for it, a high quality camera with a fancy lense isn't gunna do much for their photo.

true, but i good camera gets much clearer images and has better focus. My dad has one, and i love to play with it, it has awesome lighting and auto or manual focus settings. and anti blur which is really nice! I think i just get fed up with my camera, because it likes to randomly turn off at unfortunate times

Eeee! wow, that's so exciting!

this may be a dumb question but what makes you a 'professional'?

are you graduating from a school or class?

Gah, I'm such a nerd, I can't wait to talk to more people about this! nothing makes me happier.

I'm transferring to a prestigious photography institute where it's just 10 months of classes Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm (then you have dinner and go right back and do homework sometimes.) A lot of people that graduate from there open up their own studios and most go right into high end jobs. Sorry I haven't said the name of the place. :naughty: I don't really like pinpointing exactly where I am. :mf_rosetinted:

I joined a facebook group for my incoming class and one boy on there knows someone else who did a fashion shoot and in one weekend he made 10k. :jawdrop:

I'm glad you started this thread though because photography makes me so happy. I'm afraid that if I started it I wouldn't have gotten any replies because I can be quite the thread killer. :naughty:

I think I have your nerdiness beat though. I started watching some guys photography youtube videos last night. :lmfao: It was some photographer in Belgium. I picked out something that I really liked what he said though... It was...

"The best guarantee for nice pictures is to have fun. My high school teachers would be really surprised to find out that acting silly is an important part of my job."

I'm transferring to a prestigious photography institute where it's just 10 months of classes Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm (then you have dinner and go right back and do homework sometimes.) A lot of people that graduate from there open up their own studios and most go right into high end jobs. Sorry I haven't said the name of the place. :naughty: I don't really like pinpointing exactly where I am. :mf_rosetinted:

I joined a facebook group for my incoming class and one boy on there knows someone else who did a fashion shoot and in one weekend he made 10k. :jawdrop:

I'm glad you started this thread though because photography makes me so happy. I'm afraid that if I started it I wouldn't have gotten any replies because I can be quite the thread killer. :naughty:

I think I have your nerdiness beat though. I started watching some guys photography youtube videos last night. :lmfao: It was some photographer in Belgium. I picked out something that I really liked what he said though... It was...

"The best guarantee for nice pictures is to have fun. My high school teachers would be really surprised to find out that acting silly is an important part of my job."

Wowwwwww, that is really amazing.

Haha and that's funny too because I have been contemplating starting this thread for that same reason but I couldn't hold back any longer my love for photos is burning brighter and brighter every day.

Are there any schools you suggest?( im not trying to get your location out of you,haha:wink2::roftl:)

or know of that are in new york?

thats really wonderful! did you take the pictures in your siggy? i like them a lot!

true, but i good camera gets much clearer images and has better focus. My dad has one, and i love to play with it, it has awesome lighting and auto or manual focus settings. and anti blur which is really nice! I think i just get fed up with my camera, because it likes to randomly turn off at unfortunate times

Right, I agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I spent a really pretty penny for the camera I have and It's one of the best decisions I've ever made. What kind of camera does your father have?

Yup thanks! :wub2: That was from my European vacation. I came back with about 2,518 photos plus 7 black and white rolls of 36 exposure film. :naughty:

I've been thinking about getting a flicker account to put up all my photos but I can't figure out how I want to do it. I have a lot of photos that are good but other ones are not so good they're just regular casual photos that you take for the heck of it... I kind of want to put them all up together but I kind of want to have a separate account just for good photos.... buuut I don't want to deal with the hassle of having two accounts. So confusing. :lmfao:

Wowwwwww, that is really amazing.

Haha and that's funny too because I have been contemplating starting this thread for that same reason but I couldn't hold back any longer my love for photos is burning brighter and brighter every day.

Are there any schools you suggest?( im not trying to get your location out of you,haha:wink2::roftl:)

or know of that are in new york?

Well I'm glad you started it! :thumb_yello:

*cough*the one I'm going to go to isn't terribly far from the city.*cough*

Yup thanks! :wub2: That was from my European vacation. I came back with about 2,518 photos plus 7 black and white rolls of 36 exposure film. :naughty:

I've been thinking about getting a flicker account to put up all my photos but I can't figure out how I want to do it. I have a lot of photos that are good but other ones are not so good they're just regular casual photos that you take for the heck of it... I kind of want to put them all up together but I kind of want to have a separate account just for good photos.... buuut I don't want to deal with the hassle of having two accounts. So confusing. :lmfao:

How have we both been on here for a pretty long time and never managed to really talk to one another? I love you already! haha, it is insaaaaaaaane how quickly it takes to take so many photos. And black and white film is so untouchable! If you ever get to scanning those, I'd love to see them!

Right, I agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I spent a really pretty penny for the camera I have and It's one of the best decisions I've ever made. What kind of camera does your father have?

That is always the problem, a bit expensive! I'm not sure what kind he has, but he just does a little bit of photography for books and such, his and others. I can ask him next time i see him!

I'd love to see some! Let me know if you set up and account!:bleh:

Ooohh...I like this thread!!!

I joined the yearbook this year as a photographer and guess who's going to be photographic editor next year?!? I can't wait...grade 12 and I'm photographic editor...awesome. I get to be in charge of all the photogrpahers as well as narrowing down the photo submissions by those photograhers.

But I like to take photos form time to time by myself...

My cat, his name is Jack

100_0103.jpg

100_0105.jpg

And a couple of my favourites from the Kool Haus concert

100_1870-2-1.jpg

I think the lighting is cool in this one...

LouiseHumansubject-3.jpg

In this one, I love how Mika who is tall...looks miniature

100_1864-1.jpg

And how the blue light looks cool in this one. Also, I somehow think the heads add depth or dimension or whatever...

Ooohh...I like this thread!!!

I joined the yearbook this year as a photographer and guess who's going to be photographic editor next year?!? I can't wait...grade 12 and I'm photographic editor...awesome. I get to be in charge of all the photogrpahers as well as narrowing down the photo submissions by those photograhers.

But I like to take photos form time to time by myself...

My cat, his name is Jack

100_0103.jpg

100_0105.jpg

And a couple of my favourites from the Kool Haus concert

100_1870-2-1.jpg

I think the lighting is cool in this one...

LouiseHumansubject-3.jpg

In this one, I love how Mika who is tall...looks miniature

100_1864-1.jpg

And how the blue light looks cool in this one. Also, I somehow think the heads add depth or dimension or whatever...

Oh cool! i'm working on out sort of yearbook C.D.!

Your cat looks sweet =] and the Kool Haus gig photos, well i always love those!

my dog!darwin508.jpg

it's a bird, it's a plane,, no it's a....dead tree hehe

How have we both been on here for a pretty long time and never managed to really talk to one another? I love you already! haha, it is insaaaaaaaane how quickly it takes to take so many photos. And black and white film is so untouchable! If you ever get to scanning those, I'd love to see them!

Well, it's because none of us started this thread. :wink2::naughty:

I was beat on the trip though, there was a professor and he took 3,000 some odd photos. I thought I had won because I never really had my camera off except for when I fell asleep. :naughty:

I've printed off some of the black and white photos but I didn't have much time to get a lot printed off since darkroom work takes a while. My goal this summer is to get my black and white ones scanned and online.

That is always the problem, a bit expensive! I'm not sure what kind he has, but he just does a little bit of photography for books and such, his and others. I can ask him next time i see him!

I'd love to see some! Let me know if you set up and account!:bleh:

I guess I should make one soon then. :naughty:

Oh yeah, and I started a thread quite a few months ago about a contest I entered, well I finally found out what photo of mine is being published. :) I just never bothered posting in that thread since it was long dead.

Oh yeah, and I started a thread quite a few months ago about a contest I entered, well I finally found out what photo of mine is being published. :) I just never bothered posting in that thread since it was long dead.

Oh thats awesome, would you care to show us:blush-anim-cl:?!

Oh cool! i'm working on out sort of yearbook C.D.!

Your cat looks sweet =] and the Kool Haus gig photos, well i always love those!

my dog!darwin508.jpg

it's a bird, it's a plane,, no it's a....dead tree hehe

Awww...your dog is so cute!!!

Yup...the Kool Haus photos...always nice :das: