Noticeable places you hear Mika

Jennifer_Noble

i have heard we are golden, big girl and lollipop at different times on the radio in the kitchen when my mum has been cooking, little did she know there was me dancing like an idiot outside the door each time haha.

mika always sounds better when he pops up unexpectedly on the radio, probably cause i know everyone else can hear him too

i also heard him in my ICT lesson at school a few times, but only cause i found life in cartoon motion was on the school's shared documents folder haha

i have heard we are golden, big girl and lollipop at different times on the radio in the kitchen when my mum has been cooking, little did she know there was me dancing like an idiot outside the door each time haha.

mika always sounds better when he pops up unexpectedly on the radio, probably cause i know everyone else can hear him too

i also heard him in my ICT lesson at school a few times, but only cause i found life in cartoon motion was on the school's shared documents folder haha

That is so true! When I hear one of his songs on the radio unexpected I get completely insane. Like something g obsesses me. But in a good way :naughty:

That is so true! When I hear one of his songs on the radio unexpected I get completely insane. Like something g obsesses me. But in a good way :naughty:

and afterwards i go around acting all hyper and freaking my mum and sister out by talking non stop about him- he has a strange effect on me haha

may i just say to everyone on here i am so grateful you are all here, i think if i this site didn't exist i would go mad. none of my friends appreciate mika and his awesomeness (stupid i know :P) so its good job i can freak out on here instead :blush-anim-cl:

i forgot to post here, but back on February 12 2015 i walked into the dollar store @ the Complex Desjardins in Montreal and Boum Boum Boum was on the radio over the store's speakers. It had just started too so i had the entire song to be-bop & shop. After the song ended they said something in French about Mika playing with the OSM that evening. :wub2:

I guess it's not so unusual to hear a French Mika song on a French radio station in Montreal, but it was the first time i ever walked into a business & heard Mika playing so i had to :excite: inside!

i forgot to post here, but back on February 12 2015 i walked into the dollar store @ the Complex Desjardins in Montreal and Boum Boum Boum was on the radio over the store's speakers. It had just started too so i had the entire song to be-bop & shop. After the song ended they said something in French about Mika playing with the OSM that evening. :wub2:

I guess it's not so unusual to hear a French Mika song on a French radio station in Montreal, but it was the first time i ever walked into a business & heard Mika playing so i had to :excite: inside!

Aww Dee !! :wub2: BBB is played quite often on a few radio stations here in Montreal. :thumb_yello: I heard Grace Kelly the other day in a Drugstore : THAT was unusual ! :naughty: Anyway, I'm super excited every time I hear Mika on radio. :teehee:

I don't know if this really counts, but the other day we were eating lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings, and they have one of those juke boxes that show a picture of the artist they are playing, and between songs they would scroll through what they called Top Plays, and show a bunch of artists and their songs. I was paying no attention to this, really, when my daughter all of a sudden said, "Mom, I just saw Mika on the jukebox! " She said it was the cover art for Grace Kelly. I kept watching the screen for the rest of the meal, but they never showed it again. Maybe next time I'll have to actually play the song.

They played GK when we both walked into the Bay in Montreal the day before. Do you still have the video? You should post it :clap::pbjt:

and afterwards i go around acting all hyper and freaking my mum and sister out by talking non stop about him- he has a strange effect on me haha

may i just say to everyone on here i am so grateful you are all here, i think if i this site didn't exist i would go mad. none of my friends appreciate mika and his awesomeness (stupid i know :P) so its good job i can freak out on here instead :blush-anim-cl:

I thinek he has a similar effect on all of us :wub2: And I agree with you. Without this site I wouldn't be able to talk with anyone:blush-anim-cl:

• 2 weeks later...

My mother just called me to tell me that today her and my step-dad heard Popular Song over the in-store music system thing at Walmart today, in the usa!! :dance_man:

And you didn't tell us until NOW???? Dee, you crazy girl!

I'm sure i told you & MK that evening right after, while i was rushing through my dinner before the gig. I never posted about it here tho cuz i'm a silly person.

Aww Dee !! :wub2: BBB is played quite often on a few radio stations here in Montreal. :thumb_yello: I heard Grace Kelly the other day in a Drugstore : THAT was unusual ! :naughty: Anyway, I'm super excited every time I hear Mika on radio. :teehee:

Oh good, i'm glad the feeling doesn't get old :D

They played GK when we both walked into the Bay in Montreal the day before. Do you still have the video? You should post it :clap::pbjt:

Lol what video? I never went to the Bay with you anyway did i? I think you have me confused with someone else :aah: Edited by kreacher

Has someone been watching Britain's got talent lately? It seems that someone sung Happy ending there because it has been at top 100 on UK iTunes for few days now as well as LICM ☺.

as i'm posting this Miss Kristal and i are at Dylan's Candy Bar in NYC right now...  A few minutes ago we were lingering in the restaurant area to use the wifi a little bit longer (we had already finished taking photos of some certain 6 year old jelly beans, bought our lollipops, ate our CHICKEN tenders, and had got our drinks in to go cups (her's was topped with whipped cream and reese's pieces like his ofc) when all of a sudden Mika's live cover of Sweet Dreams came on over the store's speakers!  We fangurled and died then fangurled a bit more.  I knew they played Lollipop and all but his cover of Sweet Dreams isn't even a proper recorded version and there are so many other versions by other artists.

Edited by kreacher

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...