Noticeable places you hear Mika

Jennifer_Noble

I don't know if I've said it before (not in this thread anyway) but I once heard the (entire) of LICM album in Arnotts. :wub2: It was so loud and clear and perfect. What I mean is they were playing the album but I couldn't stay the whole time. :naughty: I remember I stayed until it got to the end of Billy Brown because by that stage I looked really suspicious having bought nothing. :naughty:

I love that memory though, and hearing people hum it when they passed as well. :wub2:

Oh and I heard a "remix" of Love Today in the same place once as well. Someone who works there must be a Mika fan. :naughty:

Sitting at the dentist yesterday, they had the radio on and Grace Kelly came on. It made me smile. And I also felt a bit like I was cheating, for at the time (in order to relax myself and take my mind off what was going on in my mouth), I was listening to Luke Juby :roftl:.

Maybe it was some sort of freakish mind control/punishment by Mika :aah:

I don't know if I've said it before (not in this thread anyway) but I once heard the (entire) of LICM album in Arnotts. :wub2: It was so loud and clear and perfect. What I mean is they were playing the album but I couldn't stay the whole time. :naughty: I remember I stayed until it got to the end of Billy Brown because by that stage I looked really suspicious having bought nothing.

I love that memory though, and hearing people hum it when they passed as well.

Oh and I heard a "remix" of Love Today in the same place once as well. Someone who works there must be a Mika fan. :naughty:

Ooh, Arnotts :wub2:. I love Dublin!!!!

Last month, when I got my shoes for prom, they played Grace Kelly at the store, and I flipped out! I was singing so loudly that my sister left me in the middle of the aisle of the store w/my shoes off looking like a maniac. :roftl:

My friend told me that they played SITM @ a store in the local mall a few days ago.

I also heard Love Today on MTV's new show 16 and Pregnant. It's the 3rd time I've hear Love Today on an MTV show (it was on My Super Sweet 16 twice, I think.)

Last month, when I got my shoes for prom, they played Grace Kelly at the store, and I flipped out! I was singing so loudly that my sister left me in the middle of the aisle of the store w/my shoes off looking like a maniac. :roftl:

My friend told me that they played SITM @ a store in the local mall a few days ago.

I also heard Love Today on MTV's new show 16 and Pregnant. It's the 3rd time I've hear Love Today on an MTV show (it was on My Super Sweet 16 twice, I think.)

That sounds like exactly what my sisters would do :naughty:

I remember both those Sweet 16 episodes you're referring to....I freaked out! haha, i think there was even a thread i started:roftl:

That sounds like exactly what my sisters would do :naughty:

I remember both those Sweet 16 episodes you're referring to....I freaked out! haha, i think there was even a thread i started:roftl:

Me too;I screamed and my grandma was so confused, she thought I was screaming because I wanted a crazy, expensive sweet 16 party too. :roftl:

there's this shoe store i entered twice and first time they had grace kelly playing and second time it started love today. and i just jumped around with a shoe in my hand and the lady that was there thought i wanted to buy it :roftl:

In the last two days I attended management training abroad.

I was first to arrive in the room and Big Girl was being played. I immediately cheered up. The trainer came up to greet me and asked if we met before... :blink:

We quickly excluded most possibilities but when I realised he was actually playing the full album (also as background music in the breaks) I was beginning to wonder if he remembers me from Sadlers Wells:naughty:)

That Luke Juby/Mika mind conrtol dentist story is funny.:naughty: Scary too though. :hypo:

Ooh, Arnotts :wub2:. I love Dublin!!!!

Aye, me too.:wub2:

Not a noticible place to "hear" Mika, but just watched Never mind the Buzzcocks with Patrick Wolf on and Mika was metioned of course. Does that count?!

I go to a construction site every day where the radio is on at all hours (and very loud:naughty:)About four or five times it has happened that as I enter the site Grace Kelly or Big girl or Love today has started to play. I have to concentrate not to start dancing and lose all trace of authority with the workers.:roftl:

We've heard Mika:

My Interpretation: New York & Company (clothing store)

Grace Kelly: In a Subway restaurant. We got so excited....our cousin was completely embarrassed.....the same cousin that went with us to see Mika.

Stuck In The Middle: Bath & Body Works store (only went in here and browsed around until it was over, lol)

Love hearing Mika in places other than our ipods.

I don't hear Mika anywhere except in my own home. But I don't live in a big city or anything and it's the midwest. I'm probably the only person in the place I live who bought the EP

Same here. We live in the midwest also (In the U.S. that is) Very small town we are from in IL. We heard Mika a few times but that was when we traveled a little ways out of our town. I don't think we would here Lollipop in our local supermarket.:naughty::naughty:

• 1 month later...

Here's what made my day yesterday...

There's this store where we are, and you can go in and get on a computer and design your own shirt! So my sister and I went in there yesterday and made a Mika shirt! (I was actually wearing my shirt from Mikasounds, so it was more than a little tacky)

Anyways, one of the employees came over to check how we were doing, and he was like "Oh! I love Myka!". And we were like "Um its Mika" and he was like "Yeah! He's great!".

And this store always had really cool music. So I was like "Hey! You know, you should play some Mika! :das:" And he was like "Yeah you're right!"

So one of the other employees, who was a girl, was like "Yeah I love Big Girl!" and so they played Big Girl! I think this was the first time we'd ever heard Mika played in public in the United States. But it was great! We totally sang and danced like fools. It was fantastic!

So, that was amazing. :naughty:

i was just watching the teen choice awards, and "we are golden"comes on as an intro song! and plays the entire time in the background! :biggrin2: kind of ironic since the jo bros were hosting since hes just said he liked them :P

sorry if its been posted!

Here's what made my day yesterday...

There's this store where we are, and you can go in and get on a computer and design your own shirt! So my sister and I went in there yesterday and made a Mika shirt! (I was actually wearing my shirt from Mikasounds, so it was more than a little tacky)

Anyways, one of the employees came over to check how we were doing, and he was like "Oh! I love Myka!". And we were like "Um its Mika" and he was like "Yeah! He's great!".

And this store always had really cool music. So I was like "Hey! You know, you should play some Mika! :das:" And he was like "Yeah you're right!"

So one of the other employees, who was a girl, was like "Yeah I love Big Girl!" and so they played Big Girl! I think this was the first time we'd ever heard Mika played in public in the United States. But it was great! We totally sang and danced like fools. It was fantastic!

So, that was amazing. :naughty:

you made them play big girl! fantastic!!

i was just watching the teen choice awards, and "we are golden"comes on as an intro song! and plays the entire time in the background! :biggrin2: kind of ironic since the jo bros were hosting since hes just said he liked them :P

sorry if its been posted!

that's very cool

i was just watching the teen choice awards, and "we are golden"comes on as an intro song! and plays the entire time in the background! :biggrin2:

I was totally thrilled to hear WAG being played at the beginning & then throughout the entire show. It took me a few seconds to accept that they were really playing WAG!!:thumb_yello::clap:

I am hoping this will help the American audiences take to Mika! When they hear it playing on the radio in the near future they might wonder where they heard WAG before & start liking it.

Bravo Teen Choice Awards!:thumb_yello:

both piece of news will help him get bigger in the US

I am hoping this will help the American audiences take to Mika!

exactly:thumb_yello:

That's good news about WAG at the Teen Choice Awards. :thumb_yello:

As it's approaching the new X Factor season here in Britain *whoops of glee :blink:* I am starting to wonder if Happy Ending will be featured yet again as the sad background music to just about every rejection by the judges :naughty:. We'll see!

Mika's new single "We Are Golden" was playing in a tiny little fashion boutique near my house when I was shopping...not gonna lie I was dancing in the dressing room bc I LOVE THAT SONG. I think it was the Calvin Harris mix right here, but I actually listened to the Mirwais one today and I think I might actually like it more? Who knows....god I love stores that play Mika though!

today i've heard over my shoulder at the shopping centre!!!

i was like :shocked: and then :swoon:, and obviously i started singing along!! :teehee:

i mean, it happens that they play LT and HE quite often, but OMS is something special and only mikalovers know that song, me thinks!!!

somebody there loves mika!!!! :wub2: