Noticeable places you hear Mika

Jennifer_Noble

Oh gosh this thread just made me realise how popular Mika is in France. Almost every time I go out shopping I hear one of his songs. This week the whole new album was on in a shop. I remember hearing Happy Ending too. But I can't even recall all of them!

I was at a cinema buying tickets with a friend when the We Are Golden MV started playing! :biggrin2: (on this big screen whr movie trailers and occasionally music vids are shown) I just went completely insane and got weird looks, much to the embarrassment of my friend :teehee:

and another time they were playing the whole of TBWKTM at a CD shop. I refused to leave until it finished playing hahah (my brothers were pretty miffed xD)

Edited by sirfalstaff

• 3 weeks later...

I was in The Body Shop in Wigan this morning and One Foot Boy came on!

It took me a few seconds to realise what it was because it was so unexpected and random and I had been deep in concentration sniffing some vanilla perfume and not anticipating any unknown Mika album tracks :naughty:..the rest of the CD they had on was very random stuff indeed, and then suddenly without warning..OFB. :naughty:

I think my jaw dropped a bit..I certainly had a giggle to myself and I sang along (quietly..I'm not a loony :teehee:).

They played Relax on the Brussels underground when I was there about 3 weeks ago... It should have made me happy.. However, from Shakira it was She Wolf played, so it is not such good news Mika's music was from his previous album...

I heard several of the LICM songs in all types of shopy in Hungary in the last 2-3 years, but nothing from TBWKTM yet, except for Blue Eyes being played in C&A.. ( I was there twice in the last 2 weeks and heard in on both occasions)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An English teacher in my school showed her class 'Any Other World' from Paris :wub2:

It was playing in the classroom below me and I instantly froze, whilst the rest of the class were talking between themselves asking if it was Take That :boxed:

Apparently it linked to a poem they were studying :dunno:....wish my teacher would of shown us that video :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

While waiting for the next show to start I just saw a report about the light-designer Moritz Waldemeyer in a German designer-magazine. They startet the report with parts of the "We are golden"-clip, where Mika is wearing this red-light-chaplet, because this designer had made it. It's great to see Mika totally unexpected somewhere :biggrin2:

We can hear his song "Happy Ending" in hungarian X Faktor.:mf_lustslow:

And yesterday was a report about a boy of the other compatition "Megasztár" (the hungarian version of American Idol), who works as karaoke singer and he singed Mika's Grace Kelly. :teehee: Well, I know, he's not Mika, but I was happy to hear the song...:biggrin2: