From here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13980

It's finally time!

Recap...

This is meant to be a collection of the crazy things that mika fans do (there's a lot of them...) And so everybody knows they're not alone in their craziness...

It works a bit like this-

You know you're a Mika fan when...(Insert quirky ending here)

I'll add the good ones as we go, but i can't get all of them, so if you have a really awesome one that you think needs a spot on the first post pm it to me!

You know you're a Mika fan when...

-You say “brilliant” far too often

-You say "amazing" far too often

-The rest of the world seems quite monotone in color

-Lebanese men just got hotter

-You know that a Mika concert is worth traveling across the planet to see

-You get really excited just when your computer chooses to play Mika on shuffle

-You watch his french interviews all the way through even though you have absolutely no effing clue what he's saying

-Two words- Skinny jeans

-Your wardrobe looks like its been stuck in the wash with several rainbows

-You purposely order Diet Coke and pizza...please!

-Instead of saying "holy crap", you say "Holy Johnny"

-The fire alarm goes off during school and you grab you iPod and LICM before heading outside.

- The following sentence makes perfect sense:

"OMG Gray Skelly was awesome! Oh and FD agreed that HMDYLM was extra chickeny tonight."

-when your "MIKASA" volleyball has the "SA" crossed out in sharpie.

-Your car isn't called Ford Ka anymore, it became a MiKa

-Everyone thinks you're mad because you're looking after a tamagotchi at your 26th year

-You keep talking about Mika to random and often uninterested people

-You scribble Mika's name on every possible surface

-You've passed the Mika fever to at least on other person

-You are in the mall and try to search for someone who either is a MFCer or a mika fan so you talk especially loud about Mika to who ever you are with or sing mika songs when you walk by them and see if they turn.

-Your friends threaten to buy badges which say "If it starts with an 'M' and ends in an 'ika', then i don't want to hear about it."(psshhh, how ruuude....)

-You have a spot in your room dedicated to him

-Your friends tell you you have a dangerous obsession and you start singing

-You understand the irony in the statement above.

-Any second of the day you do not have access to the MFC you constantly

text back and forth w/ your MFC friends to keep track of what is going on

-The guy who works at starbucks knows you're a mika fan...

-you only have one CD in you car: Life in Cartoon Motion.

-No man appeals to you unless they've got curly hair.

-You curl your boyfriend's hair under the pretense "just for fun" but snap a picture of his curly-haired self and look at it longingly in secret

-You are so totally crazy obsessed with him that instead of giving up something simple like chocolate for Lent you give up saying, spelling, and writing his name.

-You're afraid you'll never find anybody as amazing as mika

-When the MFC is down, you're about to have a panic attack.

-When you see something in a store, you're like:"That is very Mikaish."

-You write down "you know you are a mika fan when..." phrases throughout the day so you remember to put them on MFC

-You start saying the word "Delicious" because that is what Mika said about the gig in Chicago

-You open your chem notebook to see the top of every page of notes covered with doodles from the cover of LICM

-Instead of typing your boyfriend's name is "Mike", you type "Mika"-- No wonder it didn't work out...

-Your computer runs so frickin slow because it's filled to capacity with Mika pictures

-When you keep insisting for your friends to play mika's songs on their piano or keyboard just for you

-When you yourself play piano or keyboard for hours annoying everyone around just because you are trying to play grace kelly which is absolutely technically impossible when you basically dont play piano,lol

-You bark with him on a certain demo song (haha but wheres the meow?!)

-You try to make the same bracelets as LadyGodiva (aww)

-You’ve developed strange cravings for tea…

-Chapstick smudge on the computer screen…

-You have to take a picture of certain food *coughchickencough* items on menus

-Your family members have Grace Kelly and Love Today stuck in the heads at 3:00 in the morning as a result of your non-stop singing/ blasting of his music.

Edited by LadyGodiva
  • Like 1

-Mika is your anti-drug as well as your drug.

-You write a few lines of his songs on desks in each of your classes.

-You become more attracted to colorful clothing.

-Whenever a word that remotely sounds like "Mika" is uttered, the source immediately has your attention

-You can't stop having dreams about him if you tried. (By why would you want to try...?)

-your mom calls while she's vacationing to let you hear someone playing Grace Kelly live in the lobby of the hotel she's staying at...BUT YOU DIDN'T ANSWER THE DARN PHONE IN TIME

-You are seriously considering asking your husband to buy you a personalized licence plate that reads:MIKA FAN

-EVERYtime you see a guy with curly brown hair, "Love Today" automatically starts playing in your head

-You have a box dedicated to all things Mika.

-You spend more time on MFC than with your family when they're in the next room

-You find any and every excuse to use Mika in schoolwork, projects and anything else

-You come back from a few gigs...and start building a shrine:

-His music plays (no matter where you are and who you're with) and you sing on top of your voice while doing a little dance

-You start grinning insanely because Mika comes up on random on your computer so you start singing and then your Mum shouts at you becasue she's watching telly.

-When you start making tons of sub-folders for all of your Mika pics so you can find them easier - oh and have about 5% of your memory left because of all the Mika pics.

-You constantly burn your families meals as you are both cooking and on MFC

-People ask you if you own any other cd's apart from LICM

-You spend all day searching for new pics that you haven't seen before

-Your kid's even know all the word's to his song's as they hear them so much

-Everytime you go into a store that sells CDs, you look for LICM to see how many there are on the shelves that day, then, if they are on the bottom shelves, you move someone else's rubbish CD out of the way and position Mika's at eye level.(love this one- I do it too!)

-You incorporate Mika song lyrics into every day conversation.

-All you most listened too songs on you ipod are Mika, and when you print off pics of him to stick all over your room

-You can't seem to live a day without stopping by the MFC

-You check all the magazines in the shops and newspapers at home, to get your little snippet of news about him

-Your MOTHER tells you to get a life lol- love you mum!

-You always look at men with curly hair.

-People have an urge to send you to a mental hospital from your reaction to hearing him on the radio.

-You name your pet after him or after one of his characters

-At another artist's gig, your friends ask what you think about it, but they actually already know the answer

-You find yourself ordering chicken just so you can go around saying I just had some chicken.

-You see LICM in the store and even though you have it you have the impulse to buy it again

-You buy all the singles even though you have the album, just to get the extra songs, and to help Mika work his way up the charts

-When you become ecstatic about hearing his song on the radio, even when you could listen to it on your ipod just as easily

-Every time you hear someone say "hey" you say "whats the big idea?"

-You begin writing and speaking "british

-You get Mikagasms every time you unexpectedly hear Mika in a store or on television

-You hear someone in your class say MIKA you jump out of your seat, twist around while gasping and squeal the words "No Way!!"

-You named your car Humphrey so you can say "Humphrey, we're leaving" every time you want to go somewhere

-You hate every girl who’s ever looked at MIKA with exception of his family

-You actually use MFC language such as Oh My MIKA and Mikagasm in everyday conversation

-You’ve gotten kicked out of a store because you climbed the shelves to reach a television that was playing MIKA because it wasn't loud enough, but then fell over and knocked some C.D.’s off of a shelf.

-You are writing an email to your friend from school and in it you type out MFC smilies

-You laugh when your mom asks if you want chicken tonight.

-A friend calls and hears that you're playing a One Republic song in the background - and this is so noteworthy that your friend actually exclaims "Oh my God! That's not Mika! Mark it on the calendar!"

-Your teachers know you’re a Mika fan

-Your friends can recite facts about him even though they don’t like him because that’s all you talk about.

-You travel across the country/world for a Mika concert/MFC meetup date/MFC reunion

-You start liking a person better just because you found out they like Mika

-Hearing the opening bit of Dolly Parton's 9-5 gives you excited jitters and you feel like you're on a bit of an adrenaline rush.

And that's just sitting at your desk at work at 10 am

-Someone tells you to relax and your only response to that is: take it eeeasy.

-You KNOW that he will n e v e r win the contest BUT you continue voting a gazillion times a day anyways

• Like 1

When you are writing Meeks on your eraser during your french test, and thinking of Mika and his fab pronouncement (is that a word? :roftl:) of 'je suis un ane' and your teacher comes to you, (when you're staring at the eraser) and says "You aren't cheating, are you?" And you say "Je suis un ane." :roftl:

When you are writing Meeks on your eraser during your french test, and thinking of Mika and his fab pronouncement (is that a word? :roftl:) of 'je suis un ane' and your teacher comes to you, (when you're staring at the eraser) and says "You aren't cheating, are you?" And you say "Je suis un ane." :roftl:

LOL :D Yes, I´m usually hypnotized in school too :D And usually by Mika. :wub2:

And if I can ask... what the word "ane" means? Donkey? *language barrier*:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl: Sorry...

LOL :D Yes, I´m usually hypnotized in school too :D And usually by Mika. :wub2:

And if I can ask... what the word "ane" means? Donkey? *language barrier*:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl: Sorry...

Yep, it means donkey:thumb_yello:

You know when you're a Mika fan when:

One of your best friends hears you talking about Mika so much that she knows almost as much about him as you do, and you start seriously thinking about not saying anything about Mika to her to stop her from taking over you on Mika knowledge :naughty:

One of your best friends hears you talking about Mika so much that she knows almost as much about him as you do, and you start seriously thinking about not saying anything about Mika to her to stop her from taking over you on Mika knowledge :naughty:

brilliant :naughty:

:punk::thumb_yello:

Yay for part two!!!

You know you're a Mika fan when... you come home and get straight on MFC without doing your homework first (heh... of course not what I'm doing right now!!! :naughty:), and, even though you have been trying really hard not to talk about him at school, you can't refrain from showing your friends, like, 8 pictures of him even though they probably don't care :thumbdown:

Yay for part two!!!

You know you're a Mika fan when... you come home and get straight on MFC without doing your homework first (heh... of course not what I'm doing right now!!! :naughty:), and, even though you have been trying really hard not to talk about him at school, you can't refrain from showing your friends, like, 8 pictures of him even though they probably don't care :thumbdown:

It's almost 6pm here, and still haven't even started my homework!:naughty: bad MFC!

It's almost 6pm here, and still haven't even started my homework!:naughty: bad MFC!

I've been home for about 45 minutes (It's almost 5 here) and have gotten the folders out of my backpack, but that's about it... :naughty: I'm burning myself a copy of LICM to take to school and listen to during class, because we aren't allowed to have iPods in class, but we can listen to CD's on the computer. And my LICM is way to precious to even put in my backpack!!!

So true :naughty: