Burlesque, pin up, showgirl, Cabaret and vaudeville Thread

Lolliepop_girl

This is the thread for lovers of burlesque, pin up art, photography and models, vintage fashion, stage costume, macabre theater, all things kitsch, fashion with sparkles, sequins, feathers, glitter, overcoats with tails, circus, showgirls, las vegas shows and anything else you feel fits into that description :wink2:

WARNING: Keep it clean please, no nudity or vulgar displays of dodginess :P

Here are a few of the more well known inspirations to this thread:

fly0ps.jpg

Dita Von Teese

marilynmonroe.jpg

Marilyn Monroe

l_9a124ca81b81409994953864305990f7.gif

Bettie Page

Edited by Lolliepop_girl

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Thread Lyly !! I love all of this stuff too !! :biggrin2:

I'll def. be posting here !! :thumb_yello:

Yay!

New member to the Vaudi group AND approval from the mods! :punk:

gorgeous dress :clap:

beautiful !!!

Merci! I knew some of us would appreciate it!

Love it!! I thought it would only be a matter of time before you started this thread :das:

Aaaw I love you so much Kelzy! :bash:

You know what?

I was looking around for more pinup stuff and I came across this site with a subscription called "Pinnup ost" and they send you a daily(almost) email with a few pictures each day of a different model/artist/photographer.

I have so many ideas for pinup art and I thought it'd be a great outlet because (and as I said to Kelzy, yes I know I did Kelz :P) submitting my full on work to the school art department would just be very risky even though I have several teachers in the art dept who love my work, the others have often felt that it isn't :kid" appropriate.

So this would be perfect to send my art into!

Anyway have a look, they've got great pictures for anyone who goes beyond the MFC thread interest :wink2:

http://www.pinuppost.com/

If anyone sends anything into this site, they must MUST tell us so we can all see and appreciate their work!

Sally Rand:

sally_rand_fan.jpg

The incredibly lovely Ava Garter who was trained by Dita Von Teese amongst other well knowns in the industry:

IMG_1936.jpg

Unknown but a very pretty dress :wink2:

cancan.jpg

The adorable Mary Pickford as a girl (a handful of those signature curls are preserved and on display at a natural history museum in America somwhere)

pickford-guns.jpg

The adorable Mary Pickford as a girl (a handful of those signature curls are preserved and on display at a natural history museum in America somwhere)

pickford-guns.jpg

Can I just say, I have no idea what's going on in it but that's an awesome photograph. :thumb_yello:

Can I just say, I have no idea what's going on in it but that's an awesome photograph. :thumb_yello:

It is isn't it?

Welcome to the club, even if you are a part time fan only :wink2:

I'm Lyonesse and I think I've made this my new home thread :punk:

Yeah IDK about what's going on, I found out about her (Mary Pickford) from a Katie Melua song by the same name and she was with United Artists with Charile Chaplin, D Griffiths and Douglas Fairbanks.

She is an old fashioned film star and was recognised since she was 11 years old as far as I know and that's one of her earliar mvies :wink2:

But what's going on, I'm not entirely sure :D

Love your name BTW, I might even put some pics up for your namesake :wink2:

For lovers of Johnny Depp:

SWEENEY TOOD: THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET

sweeneytoddtdfhx.jpg

sweeney.jpg

I love this movie… actually, I love every Tim Burton’s movies!:wub2:

He’s brilliant! The set design, the colors, the way he creates the perfect world for every movie!:thumb_yello:

As soon as I saw the kinds of people you were posting in this thread, I thought of this lady...

Sherilyn Fenn:mf_lustslow: If I was on Rove and he asked me who I would turn gay for, she would definitely be on my list! (Hope this photo is not too saucy... There were plenty worse!)

Pinup4SherilynFenn.jpg

I love this movie… actually, I love every Tim Burton’s movies!:wub2:

He’s brilliant! The set design, the colors, the way he creates the perfect world for every movie!:thumb_yello:

Agree! :punk:

Did you hear that TB's doing a remake of Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter?

I am SO there! :mf_lustslow:

As soon as I saw the kinds of people you were posting in this thread, I thought of this lady...

Sherilyn Fenn:mf_lustslow: If I was on Rove and he asked me who I would turn gay for, she would definitely be on my list! (Hope this photo is not too saucy... There were plenty worse!)

Pinup4SherilynFenn.jpg

Nope, that picture is beautiful!

Thanks for posting :wink2: