Guitar Tabs & Piano Music for the new songs, calling all musicians!

Hey guys. I know we have several people on here who are into piano/guitar, etc. So I thought I'd make a thread for those looking to learn to play any of the new songs! I've been working on "Blame it on the Girls" and "Toy Boy."

Is anyone interested?

-Blame it on the Girls I've figured out for piano and guitar, the chord progression i've come up with is basically D7 (a little trouble with this one, but play D, E F# and A) , A major, D major, back to A major, then B minor. Then with the left hand just repetitively play E, A, D, C#, B along with the chords.

This pretty much repeats throughout the song. For guitar I just used very simple A chords and stuff if anyone is interested, but I think we have mostly piano peeps on here.

-Toy Boy is pretty simple, at least the way it was played live; like he said, it's mostly about the lyrics but so far seems to have been one of the favorites among the MFC.

But the song basically repeats A Major, D Major, E Major the entire song. Super easy for anyone who is a beginner. I can obviously go into more detail if anyone is interested! I just love being able to recreate things for myself, makes me feel a little closer to Mika somehow, knowing that I could instrumentally accompany him. :naughty:

• Like 3

Thank you! :wub2:

Now you've gotta post 'Blame It'! I can't figure that one out! :naughty:

Well I did a bit of a synopsis up there, I'm bad with chord names though once they get into 7ths and whatevers. I just kind of play what sounds right. So here's what I have

(D, E, F#, and A) played with a low E on left hand

(C#, E, A) which is basically an inverted A Maj, with an A on the left

D Major (D, F#, A), with a D on the left

(C#, E, A) with a C# on left

and then B Minor (B, D, F#), B on left hand

For the rhythm just play it along with the live recording to get the hang of it, do the chords like 1,2,3,4, 1,2,3,4, 1,2, 1,2, 1,2,3,4.

I got it to sound pretty good, but i'm usually bad at telling how to do things, I'm better at showing how to do things lol, so I might do a video.

Well I did a bit of a synopsis up there, I'm bad with chord names though once they get into 7ths and whatevers. I just kind of play what sounds right. So here's what I have

(D, E, F#, and A) played with a low E on left hand

(C#, E, A) which is basically an inverted A Maj, with an A on the left

D Major (D, F#, A), with a D on the left

(C#, E, A) with a C# on left

and then B Minor (B, D, F#), B on left hand

For the rhythm just play it along with the live recording to get the hang of it, do the chords like 1,2,3,4, 1,2,3,4, 1,2, 1,2, 1,2,3,4.

I got it to sound pretty good, but i'm usually bad at telling how to do things, I'm better at showing how to do things lol, so I might do a video.

THANK YOU! This helps a lot! I've never really played 'formal' piano, so I don't get all the 7's either. :naughty:

A video would be absolutely fantastic--but I'm going to try it with this. Thank you!

No, I'm a bad student. :naughty:

YES! I would utilize that resource. :naughty:

Ok i'm working on a video now, i'm trying to figure out a way to flip it cause it's kind of upside down the way I have to set my laptop up on my piano, cause i'm using my macbook camera.

i was thinking though, you were playing it like chords right? cause i don't have the melody in there yet, i just have the accompaniment. Like how in your Toy Boy recording you had the melody line in there and the accompaniment.. i'm not there yet lol. It's just the background chords. Is that how you were trying it?

Lovely!:wub2:

This way it makes it sound like a melody in a music box!

When I hear people playing piano it makes me regret that I cheated so much when I was little and had piano lessons:blush-anim-cl: I guess I wasn't motivated back then and now it's to late!:roftl:

Omg that sounded really good. I want to learn how to play Toy Boy but I don't know any notes for the piano I just learn by ear. But it looks confusing, I just got a light up keyboard (cheating, I know :blush-anim-cl:) so I'm a beginner. I'll take all the help I can get. :naughty:

hey that sounded really good superstar i'm impressed !!!:thumb_yello:, someone do me and big big favor a record a version of Toy Boy but with just the chords so that i can sing along, i would be really greatful (on piano/keyboard that is lol) !!!

Edited by John Alan

Ok i'm working on a video now, i'm trying to figure out a way to flip it cause it's kind of upside down the way I have to set my laptop up on my piano, cause i'm using my macbook camera.

i was thinking though, you were playing it like chords right? cause i don't have the melody in there yet, i just have the accompaniment. Like how in your Toy Boy recording you had the melody line in there and the accompaniment.. i'm not there yet lol. It's just the background chords. Is that how you were trying it?

Yeah, but even the chords didn't sound right. If I get that, then the melody won't be too hard. A video would be FANTASTIC! :wub2:

Thank you everyone! :blush-anim-cl:

hey that sounded really good superstar i'm impressed !!!:thumb_yello:, someone do me and big big favor a record a version of Toy Boy but with just the chords so that i can sing along, i would be really greatful (on piano/keyboard that is lol) !!!

I sure could! That actually wasn't my piano--it was one at the university here. I can record on my keyboard, but it won't be as good. Is that alright? You can leave me a wall message. :wink2:

I just know the intro... Before he starts to sing:blush-anim-cl: Once he starts I can't figure them out because I can't hear them and that's just how I do it..

I know I'm pretty untalented:roftl:

Lovely!:wub2:

This way it makes it sound like a melody in a music box!

Yeah that's what I was thinking!

Amazing job, superstar, you're clearly very talented to be able to work that out!

I love playing the piano and can play pretty much anything once I have the sheet music and work on it, but to play by ear...I've never been able to manage that. Plus, now I miss my piano! :tears:

I just know the intro... Before he starts to sing:blush-anim-cl: Once he starts I can't figure them out because I can't hear them and that's just how I do it..

I know I'm pretty untalented:roftl:

That's funny because I can't get the intro because I can't find a video but the chords where he sings are just repeated: A major ( play A then C# and E)

D major ( D then F# and A)

E major (E then G# and B)

I think it's that, but I can't find any vids of him playing it :thumbdown:

That's funny because I can't get the intro because I can't find a video but the chords where he sings are just repeated: A major ( play A then C# and E)

D major ( D then F# and A)

E major (E then G# and B)

I think it's that, but I can't find any vids of him playing it :thumbdown:

Thanks! I'll try that when I get home :biggrin2:

The intro's like:

(Right hand): A, E, C#, E, A (Left hand):[1 octave lower] E, G#, A (Right hand): A, E, C#, E, A(an octave higher than the central A)

I'm sorry it's so confusing, but I write down the songs on proper music sheets so it's hard to explain myself trough here... And I can't explain the rythm, but it's easy to figure out.

Thanks! I'll try that when I get home :biggrin2:

The intro's like:

(Right hand): A, E, C#, E, A (Left hand):[1 octave lower] E, G#, A (Right hand): A, E, C#, E, A(an octave higher than the central A)

I'm sorry it's so confusing, but I write down the songs on proper music sheets so it's hard to explain myself trough here... And I can't explain the rythm, but it's easy to figure out.

Thank you, it was well explained don't worry. :D