MFC promoters of Mika - thread for untoured and developing countries

B!anka

Let's develop strategies, MFC'ers!

This is a thread for the MFC'ers who care about how Mika is heard and seen in their countries. Countries where Mika wouldn't come to do promo for obvious reasons.

A little story about how this thread appreared:

In the "Twitter updates" thread Blue Sky showed us a link where Sou, our dear MFCer talked to a Kuweit radio station about Mika. Suzie, world representative for Hungary agreed that this is a great idea for hard-core MFC'ers from smaller countries to step-up and talk to the media about Mika.

I then thought this is a BRILLIANT idea and created the thread.

So, world representatives and not only, care to join our small army of fans who help Mika out in heading to stardom?

All you have to do is send an email or anything to a radio station telling them about what Mika is up to in the following months! And this is what suzie said on page 5: I imgine it should not be so complicated , just basically keeping an eye on the media and occasionally providing them with info, requests for songs to be played, correcting them if they publish information that is not correct...

Basically, keeping / bringing Mika in public attention....

Guideline for this thing we want to do:Request songs, write blogs, write to magazines, musical televisions, radio stations, paint your t-shirt, bring his name up in discussions when you talk to other people, and whatever crosses your mind is welcome, but don't forget to share it with us!

I'll start a list with the ones who care to take part and call ourselves "MFC promoters of Mika"

Who else wants to do something about this and take part to our strategy development, let me know and I'll add you to the list. (Mention the country you're doing it for!)

The MFC promoters of Mika list:

For KUWAIT:

Sou (recorded a segment on him as Artist of the Day at the radio station she's interning at)

For HUNGARY:

suzie

Zsina(has her own Hungarian Mika dedicated website)

For ROMANIA:

vanessa (world representative: sent out e-mails to radio stations and "Blue Eyes" is now aired!)

B!anka(sent emails to 4 radio stations, 2 magazines)

ruxi

For DENMARK:

Dark Angel (sent emails to 2 music news websites, 2 magazines, 2 television,2 radio stations,sent an email to a news station who have music shows and section, made a blog on a music news site, and sent e-mail o VH1, "updated" some magz. and sites with the news from 14.07 and Guns N Roses fans with sending em vids. and tell a lil , sent in the lovely news to 10 places (news, magz and radio stations) so far about the new vid, the singel, album info.)

For ITALY:

Gracekelly85 (sent e-mails to 4 radio stations, opened a thread in a radio station's forum and sent e-mail to MTV )

For USA:

Greyceli (Florida) (went into Mac stores, opening mikasounds.com in every computer/iPod/iPhone in the store, and leaving :lmfao:)

Lucy (New Jersey)

lala_lollies44

For MEXICO:

mikalollipop_karla (sent e-mails to all radio stations)

Lui (member of a mexican forum dedicated to Mika:http://tinyurl.com/lsk5hj

)

For RUSSIA:

Lena (created a Yandex page dedicated to Mika)

For URUGUAY:

ce_mika (sent e-mail to an important newspaper)

For BRAZIL:

Lollipop Love

lylahmoussa

Marco Polo (currently the moderator of Mika's page on http://www.letssingit.com )

krjsantos*

John Eden*

*= admins of the Brazil Mika fanclub! :wink2:

For LITHUANIA

Foxxy (created a forum for Lithuanian people)

For PORTUGAL

Neiobi

For TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO:

Kavi(needs some help with some flyers, if anyone can, please HELP HER:http://tinyurl.com/ktts8s

)

For SERBIA:

Keti (wrote emails to various Serbian music magazines and texted music channel; opened a thread on MFC here:http://tinyurl.com/p75obm

)

Shine (keti's mum helps her and stands by her in all of her actions)

For MONTENEGRO

Daniella92

For SOUTH AFRICA

Mika Freaka =)

AlexTerpsichore

For ISLE OF MAN

Rubytuesday

For IRELAND

MikaMadLuke

For NEW ZEALAND

RosinaKiwi

Lollipop_girl

Racinghorse83

For AUSTRALIA

Zak110695 (created this fantastic website: http://mikainoz.yolasite.com)

For THE CZECH REPUBLIC

frog.teerez

For INDONESIA

babycackes - http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3096908&postcount=289

For CHANNEL ISLANDS

cisserz

For POLAND

caramella93 - http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3096926&postcount=293

PLEASE POST YOUR INITIATIVES AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING BECAUSE YOUR WORK WILL BE SURELY APPRECIATED AS IT DESERVES!!!

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

Edited by B!anka
Changed the list form!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's develop startegies, MFC'ers!

This is a thread for the MFC'ers who care about how Mika is heard and seen in their countries. Countries where Mika wouldn't come to do promo for obvious reasons.

In the "Twitter updates" thread Blue Sky showed us a link where Sou, our dear MFCer talked to a Kuweit radio station about Mika. Suzie, world representative for Hungary agreed that this is a great idea for hard-core MFC'ers from smaller countries to step-up and talk to the media about Mika.

So, world representatives and not only, care to join our small army of fans who help Mika out in heading to stardom?

All you have to do is send an email or anything to a radio station telling them about what Mika is up to in the following months!

I'll start a list with the ones who care to take part and call ourselves "MFC promoters of Mika"

I suppose it'll be fair to make Sou the #1 MFC promoter of Mika because she's the "fire starter", I'll then make Suzie the second one, and last but surely not least, Vanessa the third one because she's the world representative for my country and it wouldn't be fair for me to take over her important role. I'll just be her ally(#3.1).Who else wants to do something about this and take part to our strategy development, let me know and I'll add you to the list. (Mention the country you're doing it for!)

The official MFC promoters of Mika list:

#1- Sou (for Kuweit)

#2-suzie (for Hungary)

#3-vanessa (for Romania)

#3.1.-B!anka (ally for Romania)

PLEASE POST YOUR INITIATIVES AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING BECAUSE YOUR WORK WILL BE SURELY APPRECIATED AS IT DESERVES!!!

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

That's a great idea! :thumb_yello:

Count me in :thumb_yello: I'm not world representative for Italy but I can send some e-mails to radio stations here in Italy etc... :wink2:

Have done it before here (Denmark) for another one... so it wont be a prob. at all!!!! And it will be for 3-4 website music news and maybe 1-2 magz. and a few radio stations too

SO, you're promoting Mika in Denmark! Welcome aboard! you're MFC promoter of Mika for Denmark now! :thumb_yello:

That's a great idea! :thumb_yello:

Count me in :thumb_yello: I'm not world representative for Italy but I can send some e-mails to radio stations here in Italy etc... :wink2:

Fine! Welcome to you too! you're the MFC promoter of Mika for Italy now!! :thumb_yello:

Just want to let you know that if the world representatives will later on want to take over and so something about this aswell, you guys who are not representatives will become allies, ok?

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

Edited by B!anka

This is a fantasic idea.:thumb_yello:

Have you spoken to Lena in Russia, I'm sure she would be happy to participate.

Nope! not yet but that's where I'm heading to now! Thanks for letting me know, Rose!:thumb_yello:

EDIT: done! She's now received my message!

Edited by B!anka

OK, let me tell you in brief what I originally meant by this idea...

In several countries (usually small, developing ones) Mika did not get a fair share of airplay when LICM was released. I guess it is because of two things:

1., these countries are 'followers' in international music - so it really is mainly established artists that can sell a relatively large number of records or can attract a bigger audience

2., due to the limited purchasing power, record companies focus on very few new acts and these are usually the ones whose music and image targets screaming teenagers only.

As a consequence, most people in these countries will not even have heard of Mika due to the poor media coverage.

And that is what we can aim to improve with some clever strategy (i.e taking the first two things into consideration....)

.... I think this should somehow still be organised by country reps, but let's see if anything interesting comes up here.

I have my own ideas for my country and will try to gather all (the very few) the fans first ....:cool:

In the meantime, may I suggest to work on the title of the thread to make it clearer who we are aiming this thread at and possibly change the title to....

I don't know.. MFC promototers of Mika - thread for untoured and developing countries

????

Edited by suzie

SO, you're promoting Mika in Denmark! Welcome aboard! MFC promoter of Mika #4! :thumb_yello:

Fine! Welcome to you too! MFC promoter of Mika #5! :thumb_yello:

Just want to let you know that if the world representatives will later on want to take over and so something about this aswell, you guys who are not representatives will become allies, ok?

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

Thx! Have already send 2 emails about the new singel and album... with release date and name and where to find more news of course :)

Use to do this and do for a Guns n Roses member. But Mika is on my list of who to promote as good as i now can :)

In the meantime, may I suggest to work on the title of the thread to make it clearer who we are aiming this thread at and possibly change the title to....

I don't know.. MFC promototers of Mika - thread for untoured and developing countries[/color][/size][/font]

????

Ok, fine let me see how I can do that!:thumb_yello:

Thx! Have already send 2 emails about the new singel and album... with release date and name and where to find more news of course :)

Use to do this and do for a Guns n Roses member. But Mika is on my list of who to promote as good as i now can :)

Thank you so much for letting us know!!!

I think i'm a natural Mika promoter. I've had about 4 family members buy his CD and 3 friends become huge fans just because of the HUGE fuss i make about it :wink2:

You want to get on the list???:teehee:

Fine! Welcome to you too! MFC promoter of Mika #5! :thumb_yello:

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

Thanks for the add! I'm really happy if I can do something for MIKA! :wub2:

...:blink::blink:

It seems there will soon be 300 names and will look like a 'who we are proud of' board with no particular meaning.. :cool:

... can we create the list of countries instead and write the names of MFCers participating in brackets?

I thinks it's a great idea for places he isn't well known...

Personally, I won't do anything in Montréal... he's to well known. Last time he played here was in front of almost 11,000 ppl... I don't want him to play the Olympic stadium next time :blink:

Ok that's not true, I'll promote the next album by requesting songs on radio station but I don't think he needs more than that :wink2:

...:blink::blink:

It seems there will soon be 300 names and will look like a 'who we are proud of' board with no particular meaning.. :cool:

... can we create the list of countries instead and write the names of MFCers participating in brackets?

That's a good idea suzie! Thank you!:thumb_yello: I'll go and do that right now!

Is this a response to my PM?

P.S. just asked dcdeb to change the name of the thread!:biggrin2:

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

Let's develop startegies, MFC'ers!

All you have to do is send an email or anything to a radio station telling them about what Mika is up to in the following months!

I suppose it'll be fair to make Sou the #1 MFC promoter of Mika because she's the "fire starter", I'll then make Suzie the second one, and last but surely not least, Vanessa the third one because she's the world representative for my country and it wouldn't be fair for me to take over her important role. I'll just be her ally(#3.1).Who else wants to do something about this and take part to our strategy development, let me know and I'll add you to the list. (Mention the country you're doing it for!)

The official MFC promoters of Mika list:

#1- Sou (for Kuweit)

#2-suzie (for Hungary)

#3-vanessa (for Romania)

#3.1.-B!anka (ally for Romania)

#4- Dark Angel

#5-Gracekelly85

JUST to make it clear: IF THE WORLD REPRESENTATIVES WILL WANT TO TAKE PART AND THERE ARE ALREADY MEMBERS FROM THE COUNTRY THEY REPRESENT ON THE LIST, THE REPRESENTATIVES WILL HAVE PRIORITY TO BE THE MAIN MFC PROMOTERS AND THE OTHERS ALREADY ON THE LIST WILL BECOME ALLIES. FOR EXAMPLE: VANESSA IS WORLD REPRESENTATIVE FOR ROMANIA AND I AM HER ALLY!PLEASE POST YOUR INITIATIVES AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING BECAUSE YOUR WORK WILL BE SURELY APPRECIATED AS IT DESERVES!!!

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

I would love to help.He comes to the USA but you won't hear him on the radio at all. So, I want to help so people get to know how talented he is.

COUNT ME IN:thumb_yello:

I would love to help.He comes to the USA but you won't hear him on the radio at all. So, I want to help so people get to know how talented he is.

She's right, he's NEVER on the radio over here. Radio stations are pretty easy to contact, I can figure out a way. You can count me in as well:thumb_yello:

edit: Just noticed you put me for Florida! Awesomeee thank you .

Ok, please post your initiatives as soon as you step up!

I thinks it's a great idea for places he isn't well known...

Personally, I won't do anything in Montréal... he's to well known. Last time he played here was in front of almost 11,000 ppl... I don't want him to play the Olympic stadium next time :blink:

YES YES YES!!! You understood the idea well:wink2:

There is no particular support of this kind needed in Canada.. we are basically trying to improve media coverage and make sure more info is circulating about him in general in these countries...

I also wish he plays at big venues next time. He does deserve to hear 70,000 people singing Grace Kelly and Happy Ending back to him.:wink2:

Yes, he does need support in the US and perhaps the better for him if support is not only coming from Perez ... particularly considering last week's events , news of which even reached my small country.:cool:

Edited by suzie

She's right, he's NEVER on the radio over here. Radio stations are pretty easy to contact, I can figure out a way. You can count me in as well:thumb_yello:

edit: Just noticed you put me for Florida! Awesomeee thank you .

By the way, I feel like I'm making a mistake for dividing Florida from USA...I mean I put you for Florida and Lucy for USA...but I guess it's fine, right?