MFC promoters of Mika - thread for untoured and developing countries

B!anka

What a great initiative.. :wub2:I personally have always promoted Mika in every shape and form .. everyone I know in the world knows of Mika, I make sure that they do. He has also received airtime, on one of the TV shows I write and a number of mentions since 2007. Any kind of promotion is good. A number of Malaysian Radio stations do play Mika now and then. Mostly, Relax, but better than nothing, there are fans in those stations I can tell. Apparently LICM sales in Malaysia in 2007 was not bad, it was out of stock on stores shelves at one point, but maybe because Malaysia's a small market anyway so it's not one of those places musicians would race to.. but no harm in trying.. all the best peeps!! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

are you promoting on behalf of mfc? or on your behalf?

like members of the public, of course...:wink2:e.g. participating in internet discussions, requesting songs, writing blogs, as mentioned above..

The press works differently in these coutries and often the professionalism of people running / editing music shows is questionable :they rarely speak English or know anything about music genres ...they do not even have personal opinions.... There are lots of examples could tell, but I'd rather not...

The USA is something completely different again, I am talking about developing countries only. Of course things are changing, especially with the wider spread of the internet but there is a lot to do and differently than in other countries. If we are clever enough, we can turn it into our advantage.... :cool:

Edited by suzie

I have page on Russian search "yandex". I have made it specially for Mika. That Russians could learn all about Mika, see His photos to know about Him.

Now I load there 15 videos from the Milan concert. I have made and I shall make even more labels that it was possible to find easily Mika even to the casual person. I was lazy and did languidly updates of my page. Now I shall try)). Though if it is fair I am not lazy but jealous). I want that in Russia everyone loved Mika's songs but I do not wish to love His by "chorus". Therefore I avoid it stoically .

Also right now I have made many inscriptions about Mika on my t-shirt. Has left clumsily, I did it for the first time . And the paint here and there lays roughly.). Better luck next time). But I shall put on it for all the summer long.

Edited by Lena

grazie :naughty:

obrigado :teehee:

YOU'RE WELCOME! :biggrin2:

how exactly are you going to be promoting mika? has that been discussed?

are you promoting on behalf of mfc? or on your behalf?

Ok, I saw that suzie explained it but I want to share my point too. When I said "On behalf of MFC but yours aswell" (or whatever I wrote there) I was thinking that we will send out e-mails, post comments on different radio stations, televisions and magazines' websites and e-mail addresess and I thought we should specify that we are a community which has a new "mission" of making Mika famous in small countries like ours. That would appeal better and give a sense of belonging to something official instead of simply saying: "Hi, I'm X and I love Mika, Please love him too!" That's what I basically meant in a lot of simplier words.:aah::biggrin2:

But as it is usual, I have not understood concrete ideas. Are they? Simply when I do something I tell nobody

Your idea of t-shirt is fine, anything would do. But also media is useful too! I saw you said you've posted some videos so I see that you've got the idea. Will go now to the first post and make it more clear.:thumb_yello:

this is a fantastic idea!! and i'd love to join to this "army":teehee:

here in Uruguay, i could say that Mika is not very known,but i'd love to be the responsable that the Uruguayan people know him!!!!!....

i've made some things before: i wrote to some magazines about Mika and some of them have answered me, telling that they'd write something about him...at this moment, just the most important newpaper has talked about him (and i have to say that is a very very nice article!!!!).....anyway,i think as he's going to release his new album, it's a good opportunity to insist more to the magazines and radio stations!!!

so,i really want to join to the list and be a "MFC promoter of Mika" here in Uruguay.:wub2:

You're on, Ceci! Make Mika famous in Uruguay!:thumb_yello:

I want to help

:boing: I'm here everyday and I have time :teehee:

username: Lollipop Love

my name: Lucy

:thumb_yello:

Ok, you're ON!:thumb_yello:

I have acomplished my mission too, now, send out e-mails to 3 radio stations and 2 magazines, though I have kinda made a COMPLETE FOOL OF MYSELF! I can't get over it! :blush-anim-cl::crybaby:

I have written an email to a radio station where I have specified at the beggining the name of the radio (let's call it X) and then copied and pasted the message in an email to let's call it radio Y and sent it along with the introduction for radio X. The guys from radio Y (which I listen to all the time and I simply love) sent me back an e-mail telling me to abort telling them how cool they are as long as I copy/paste a message....and they promised me, though that they will make it possible to broadcast the new song ASAP! :aah:

So embarrassed! Anyway, I tried!

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

May I recommend we delete for the moment all the people who have enrolled 'to promote him' as at the moment it looks like the most from MFC are willing to participate whilst others might be discouraged if they can see another name next to their country... Also, it just looks like a thread for another list of country representatives...:blink:

My suggestion is that we include IDEAS in the fist post instead ( perhaps this list of names can go to Bianca's second post on this thread then)..

examples:

1., Local Fan sites - please check if there is one existing in your country, help them with information, let them know of the existence of MFC.

2., Local media - keep requesting Mika songs on tv / radio channels via phone or the net but I would not encourage writing them e-mails to promote Mika because it tends to be treated with suspicion or simply go unnoticed.

3., News on Mika in the local media - please keep an eye and give feedback to the media if it is incorrect. Participate in blog discussions

4., Local fans - map other fans in your country in case it is needed you act together

.etc.

OK, let me tell you in brief what I originally meant by this idea...

In several countries (usually small, developing ones) Mika did not get a fair share of airplay when LICM was released. I guess it is because of two things:

1., these countries are 'followers' in international music - so it really is mainly established artists that can sell a relatively large number of records or can attract a bigger audience

2., due to the limited purchasing power, record companies focus on very few new acts and these are usually the ones whose music and image targets screaming teenagers only.

As a consequence, most people in these countries will not even have heard of Mika due to the poor media coverage.

And that is what we can aim to improve with some clever strategy (i.e taking the first two things into consideration....)

.... I think this should somehow still be organised by country reps, but let's see if anything interesting comes up here.

I have my own ideas for my country and will try to gather all (the very few) the fans first ....:cool:

In the meantime, may I suggest to work on the title of the thread to make it clearer who we are aiming this thread at and possibly change the title to....

I don't know.. MFC promototers of Mika - thread for untoured and developing countries

????

What about American radio? There was a movement a while ago called 'Get Mika Play', because American radio have (at least in the past) refused to play his music. This means that in America, he isn't as well known as he should be.

So just a thought, if America is divided up into the various states, then there could be reps from those individual states, that could bombard their local radio stations.

I'm British, from North West England and there is a radio station now following me on twitter, which I will talk to about Mika. Even in England, not all radio stations play his music. I am from Manchester, and I've never come accross another mika fan in Manchester, so I'll certainly be emailing some stations round here to play his new single and his other stuff.

Good luck with this project!

With love (for Mika) all things are possible!

Hey!

Add me please to HUNGARY!!

I already have my very own hungarian Mika fan site, and Suzie, let me know if I can help you, you could also contact me in a PM, I would love to help....;)

That's one good idea! :wink2:

Two years ago I made a Lithuanian Mika forum which updates people, also our magazines announced about new EP and radio stations successfully are playing "Blue eyes" :naughty:

Don't know, maybe I could send some emails to our magazines that they could make some nice articles about Mika's new work of stuff..

What about American radio? There was a movement a while ago called 'Get Mika Play', because American radio have (at least in the past) refused to play his music. This means that in America, he isn't as well known as he should be.

So just a thought, if America is divided up into the various states, then there could be reps from those individual states, that could bombard their local radio stations.

Yes, fans from US also have a lot to do... I just hope that Mika's link to Perez won't be counter-productive.... I don't think that him mentioning a Mika showcase a couple of hours after MJ's death was a wise thing to do... :sneaky2: But he is far from being wise, what did I expect :cool:

I'm British, from North West England and there is a radio station now following me on twitter, which I will talk to about Mika. Even in England, not all radio stations play his music. I am from Manchester, and I've never come accross another mika fan in Manchester, so I'll certainly be emailing some stations round here to play his new single and his other stuff.

Good luck with this project!

With love (for Mika) all things are possible!

You have already done a good job, Marilyn :thumb_yello::flowers2:

That's one good idea! :wink2:

Two years ago I made a Lithuanian Mika forum which updates people, also our magazines announced about new EP and radio stations successfully are playing "Blue eyes" :naughty:

Don't know, maybe I could send some emails to our magazines that they could make some nice articles about Mika's new work of stuff..

That's great news. Hungarian stations would never be playing it unless we tried to pursuade them to do so somehow.. .

Hey!

Add me please to HUNGARY!!

I already have my very own hungarian Mika fan site, and Suzie, let me know if I can help you, you could also contact me in a PM, I would love to help....;)

Please enroll for the 'Calling all Hungarians' thread on the members only section (if you haven't done it already) ... Dorii said she'd try to create a site, too and I mentioned that there was a site already:wink2:...

So perhaps you want to let them know about your site on this thread (in Hungarian) and share the link, too

Nice idea.:original:

I already "promote" Mika as much as I can...ok, the word promote sounds kinda funny.:teehee:What I mean by it is that I talk about Mika much (too much, probably:naughty:), and that I tell everyone who's willing to listen about his music.:wink2: But I'm not sure about the media coverage cuz I don't buy magazines + I don't really listen to the radio.

Nice idea.:original:

I already "promote" Mika as much as I can...ok, the word promote sounds kinda funny.:teehee:What I mean by it is that I talk about Mika much (too much, probably:naughty:), and that I tell everyone who's willing to listen about his music.:wink2: But I'm not sure about the media coverage cuz I don't buy magazines + I don't really listen to the radio.

The internet is an excellent form of spreading news though:wink2:

(commenting in music blogs...etc)

The internet is an excellent form of spreading news though:wink2:

(commenting in music blogs...etc)

Yup, I use the internet quite a lot...I created a myspace page for slovenian Mika fans but I've kind of neglected it because of uni lately *puts a paper bag on her head*, and besides this page has very little slovenian fans.

I comment on blogs related to Mika (if there are any), and I opened a thread about him on one big slovenian forum,...

Anyway- I'll update this myspace page as soon as I'm done with my exam, and I'll try to find other ways to spread a word about Mika.:wink2:

I've been following this thread, and even though I'm not in an untoured and developing country I'd like to contribute...:biggrin2:

What could I do? Send e-mails to radio stations, magazines? And what kind of e-mails, like telling them he has an upcoming album?

I've been "promoting" Mika too for the last year, but only telling people I know about him, showing his music...:bleh:

Yup, I use the internet quite a lot...I created a myspace page for slovenian Mika fans but I've kind of neglected it because of uni lately *puts a paper bag on her head*, and besides this page has very little slovenian fans.

I comment on blogs related to Mika (if there are any), and I opened a thread about him on one big slovenian forum,...

Anyway- I'll update this myspace page as soon as I'm done with my exam, and I'll try to find other ways to spread a word about Mika.:wink2:

:thumb_yello: ..... yeah, I don't have much time, either, but we are lucky to have Zsina with her site already existing...

I've been following this thread, and even though I'm not in an untoured and developing country I'd like to contribute...:biggrin2:

What could I do? Send e-mails to radio stations, magazines? And what kind of e-mails, like telling them he has an upcoming album?

I've been "promoting" Mika too for the last year, but only telling people I know about him, showing his music...:bleh:

just read all the posts in this thread so that you might get some ideas:wink2:...I think it is up to individuals how they can help spead the word

:thumb_yello: ..... yeah, I don't have much time, either, but we are lucky to have Zsina with her site already existing...

just read all the posts in this thread so that you might get some ideas:wink2:...I think it is up to individuals how they can help spead the word

Done.

I don't think there's a need of putting my name down and my country on the list to be honest, don't want the first post to be a bit too overcrowded and I think it should be mainly those countries who barely have his music being aired, or news about him...

I'll keep you posted though:aah:

Yesterday I sent an e-mail to a radio station and this morning I'll send the same e-mail at another one.:wink2:

ah! I remember that 2 years ago I signed up at the blog of a radio station but I never write on it; if I can, I could open my personal blog talking about HIS new single and album. :biggrin2:

What do you think?

:Update:

you can update my name in the 1st page:wink2::

- I sent an e-mail to 2 radio stations

- I opened a thread in a radio station's forum

In the e-mails I asked to play the new song and in the thread I wrote that on 17th July we'll have a new Mika's song...:thumb_yello:

In the e-mails I asked to play the new song and in the thread I wrote that on 17th July we'll have a new Mika's song...:thumb_yello:

wiiii amazing :biggrin2:

:thumb_yello:

Yesterday I sent an e-mail to a radio station and this morning I'll send the same e-mail at another one.:wink2:

ah! I remember that 2 years ago I signed up at the blog of a radio station but I never write on it; if I can, I could open my personal blog talking about HIS new single and album. :biggrin2:

What do you think?

PERFECT! :wink2:

Done.

I don't think there's a need of putting my name down and my country on the list to be honest, don't want the first post to be a bit too overcrowded and I think it should be mainly those countries who barely have his music being aired, or news about him...

I'll keep you posted though:aah:

Well, why not? ARE you sure?:blink: I'll add you though! It can never get too overcrowded, I'll make the writing size a tad smaller!:thumb_yello:

Thank you so much! What a tidy post! :wub2:

send an email to a news station who have music shows and section, made a blog on a music news site and news site...

Ok, this is more than perfect! You can take a break now! Will edit the first post right away!

A bientot,

Bianca

xx