Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have sent letters to speakers of a radio station:wink2:

called ALFA and the same station I have also sent

voice :biggrin2:mails and I'm trying to communicate by phone:teehee:

:thumb_yello:

Whoop! Whoop! :boing:

Its just "normal" to me and i absolutely LOVE doing it and have for some time :)

Isn't it just nice how "normal" we feel this is. I mean I told my friend about this the other day and she was like: do you even get some money for this? I went like: WHAT? Money? I give Mika a hand in doing promo where he doesn't! WHY would I want anything at all in return. (though I'd like him to know about our efforts :blush-anim-cl:)

Bianca

xx

Whoop! Whoop! :boing:

Isn't it just nice how "normal" we feel this is. I mean I told my friend about this the other day and she was like: do you even get some money for this? I went like: WHAT? Money? I give Mika a hand in doing promo where he doesn't! WHY would I want anything at all in return. (though I'd like him to know about our efforts :blush-anim-cl:)

Bianca

xx

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello: have been asked that many many times from friends, radiostations and magazines. Also if i get money for helping on forums as a mod (Guns N Roses) by request from em. I do it cos i want to... i dont want to have money for it. Hell no! And im not one of em who does it cos of the person, i only do it cos of the music cos i think it deserves "more", my gratitude and of course its all about the music too :) Why only promote "him" and not his music? Thats (sorry) stupid if you ask me... if you know what i mean? Support and promote is my life :roftl:

Edited by Dark Angel

I asked my local radiostation when they want to play " We Are Golden" for the first time. I hope to get their attention and I´m exceited for their answer :wink2:.

And now I mailed the biggest radiostation of Bavarian too. Hope to get any answer.

Edited by Sabine64

I asked my local radiostation when they want to play " We Are Golden" for the first time. I hope to get their attention and I´m exceited for their answer :wink2:.

Ok, that's awesome, though I hope you won't mind if I tell you that Germany is a pretty spoiled country in what Mika is concerned. You guys have had so much of it. :biggrin2: You're so lucky!

Ok, that's awesome, though I hope you won't mind if I tell you that Germany is a pretty spoiled country in what Mika is concerned. You guys have had so much of it. :biggrin2: You're so lucky!

But he is not mentioned very much in my region. A lot of people don´t know who he is. :wink2:

Well, why not? ARE you sure?:blink: I'll add you though! It can never get too overcrowded, I'll make the writing size a tad smaller!:thumb_yello:

Thank you so much! What a tidy post! :wub2:

Ok, this is more than perfect! You can take a break now! Will edit the first post right away!

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

Okay then:bleh: Thanks!

I was about to send an e-mail to one of the most famous radio stations around here, when I saw they had an article on "Mika's comeback" and talking about the release of We are Golden:aah: I'll e-mail them anyway to ask for them to air more of his songs.

I agree that everyone here would like to join. I have a suggestion.. speak to the mods..and see if we can have it as a project under MFC - give it a name, and have a separate twitter account, most radio/TV stations in the world are now on twitter.. so we can promote Mika by following them.. plus we can follow any tom, dick or harry.. and promote Mika!!, the MFC, and the upcoming album!! It'd be fantastic!!! :thumb_yello:

It looks somehow funny). I did not think to advertise " I have made"). Has simply told. I have not understood... Should we tell here what we do? Will not it is usual boasting? To send the message, to write words on clothes... It is such trifle...

It looks somehow funny). I did not think to advertise " I have made"). Has simply told. I have not understood... Should we tell here what we do? Will not it is usual boasting? To send the message, to write words on clothes... It is such trifle...

Lena, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is welcome. Besides I have made it clear from the first place that I want everyone to tell what they're doing because, we have to know you're doing something. I am sorry if you feel bad or ashamed. I really didn't mean that as long as nobody seemes to have had something against the notices I make next to their names in the first post. :sad:

Apologies for any kind of misunderstanding i've created you,

Bianca

xx

I agree that everyone here would like to join. I have a suggestion.. speak to the mods..and see if we can have it as a project under MFC - give it a name, and have a separate twitter account, most radio/TV stations in the world are now on twitter.. so we can promote Mika by following them.. plus we can follow any tom, dick or harry.. and promote Mika!!, the MFC, and the upcoming album!! It'd be fantastic!!! :thumb_yello:

Ok, seems like a great idea in terms of size. This is getting huge! I'll talk to a mod and see what he/she thinks.:thumb_yello:

Hey well I'm the world rep for Trinidad and Tobago. Barely anyone knows about him here, but I "converted" some ppl at Uni and some family and friends...by playing Mika non-stop :teehee:

I have tried making flyers but needed help with the layout and stuff since I have no skills watsoever...however due to my time I sort of "abandoned" everything. However plz if someone can help me with the flyers - i made this thread back in 05-01-2008http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11876

That's one of my ideas and another is to write to radio stations. It's just that my time is so limited i hardly have time to do anything, but i am free for 2 mths atm. So yup that's my story...

Ok, I'll add you to the list for Trinidad! Can I give you a piece of advice? You ought to take more advantage of the internet than the proper promotion as it is cheaper and easier.! :wink2: Just a thought though...if anyone can help her it'd be cool too!

This is a thread for the MFC'ers who care about how Mika is heard and seen in their countries. Countries where Mika wouldn't come to do promo for obvious reasons.[/size]

===============

Bianca..good luck..!

This is a wonderful idea and I hope it will show results soon !

Mom..

Edited by Bianca's mother
not corect quoting

This is a thread for the MFC'ers who care about how Mika is heard and seen in their countries. Countries where Mika wouldn't come to do promo for obvious reasons.[/size]

===============

Bianca..good luck..!

This is a wonderful idea and I hope it will show results soon !

Mom..

Hahaha! Hi mum! yeah and THANKS!:biggrin2:

Edited by B!anka

That is a brilliant idea! I am following Smooth Radio (Northwest England) on Twitter and have already started tweeting them about WAG and the album, but we do need a co-ordinated plan of attack, because the odd tweet, from the odd fan here and there, isn't going to make enough of an impact. They'll take more notice if more of us contact them.

That is a brilliant idea! I am following Smooth Radio (Northwest England) on Twitter and have already started tweeting them about WAG and the album, but we do need a co-ordinated plan of attack, because the odd tweet, from the odd fan here and there, isn't going to make enough of an impact. They'll take more notice if more of us contact them.

Will think about this option and give a final answer tomorrow! :thumb_yello:

I agree that everyone here would like to join. I have a suggestion.. speak to the mods..and see if we can have it as a project under MFC - give it a name, and have a separate twitter account, most radio/TV stations in the world are now on twitter.. so we can promote Mika by following them.. plus we can follow any tom, dick or harry.. and promote Mika!!, the MFC, and the upcoming album!! It'd be fantastic!!!

To tell you the truth, while it does sound like a good idea first but giving it a second thought it sounds like a bad form of guerilla marketing ....

Basically, if you form a group to promote Mika and approach the media like that, it will simply backfire. If fans promote Mika by contacting stations and commenting in blogs, that's more genuine.

... So I am only talking against organising ourselves in any kind of group.....

:Update:

Guys, I'm afraid I'll have to say no to the twitter account for the project idea. We have to do it on our own as simple as possible. We don't have to take it that big. Is just a little project of the fans around the world who want to give Mika a hand in doing his promo.

So my answer to that is: no.

It is a good idea but I don't think Mika is such an obscure artist in who needs us to make him GRAND over night.

Sorry,

Bianca

xx

:Update:

Guys, I'm afraid I'll have to say no to the twitter account for the project idea. We have to do it on our own as simple as possible. We don't have to take it that big. Is just a little project of the fans around the world who want to give Mika a hand in doing his promo.

So my answer to that is: no.

It is a good idea but I don't think Mika is such an obscure artist in who needs us to make him GRAND over night.

Sorry,

Bianca

xx

I agree with you :original:

But I think that this is good to "promote" HIM as we can.

Yesterday, when I was sending mails and opening a thread about WAG ,I felt really happy :wub2:

I agree with you :original:

But I think that this is good to "promote" HIM as we can.

Yesterday, when I was sending mails and opening a thread about WAG ,I felt really happy :wub2:

I know! I felt useful!:wub2:

Lena, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is welcome. Besides I have made it clear from the first place that I want everyone to tell what they're doing because, we have to know you're doing something. I am sorry if you feel bad or ashamed. I really didn't mean that as long as nobody seemes to have had something against the notices I make next to their names in the first post. :sad:

Apologies for any kind of misunderstanding i've created you,

Bianca

xx

Bianca , I did not wish to upset you

Can I have chosen not correctly words to express the ideas.

Simply I wished to tell, for example about myself. I do something, that I consider it necessary. But also I consider it usual and not obligatory to speak about it. If something has turned out, I am simply pleased. That's all. And I speak nobody, because I do not consider it as something especial. If it was something grandiose or interesting and really could help Mikа I would tell. Or not... I do not know.))). Probably, it is feature of character). For example now, I wish to achieve one thing. For someone it is insignificant, for me very much considerably. But I cannot write about it. Such my strangeness)