The Alexander Millar thread

suzie

That's so cool! :wub2:

I wish I'd been there to hear that. I mean, just with my whole language nerd thing coming into play again. And with Swedish being my heritage, I'd be particular interested in hearing two native speakers have a conversation. :mf_lustslow:

My dad speaks a bit of Swedish, but only on a very basic level. Sigh.

You should have seen the faces of the London girls:roftl: when Humprey and I started to talk in Swedish, and we were probably talking fast and with emphasis because we were a little upset with hugging-Mika-things that had seconds ago happened on stage!:naughty:

It must have come as a surprise for them that we actually have the same language, we had both met the London girls many times before but Humprey and I met for the first time!:roftl:

And about you father, I think it's hard to keep a langauage when it's not in use!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have seen the faces of the London girls:roftl: when Humprey and I started to talk in Swedish, and we were probably talking fast and with emphasis because we were a little upset with hugging-Mika-things that had seconds ago happened on stage!:naughty:

It must have come as a surprise for them that we actually have the same language, we had both met the London girls many times before but Humprey and I met for the first time!:roftl:

And about you father, I think it's hard to keep a langauage when it's not in use!

Hey hey! Bro...Jag sparka dei! :roftl: Korv!

Kram, puss :wub2:.

Sorry, this is the extent of my Swedish. Pathetic :naughty:.

Kram och puss:huglove: men försök inte sparka mig!:naughty:

Hehehe...:naughty: So, is försök 'careful' or something like that? It sounds like it should be...and then mig=me?

I reckon I can say I'm fluent in Svenska now :lmao:

Hehehe...:naughty: So, is försök 'careful' or something like that? It sounds like it should be...and then mig=me?

I reckon I can say I'm fluent in Svenska now :lmao:

Oh yes, your almost there!:biggrin2::wub2:

Translation:

Hug and kiss:huglove: but don't try to kick me!:naughty:

Försök= try

mig= me

• 8 years later...

Hi, I just came across 2 videos from 2016 that should fit with this (yet old) thread...

At the beginning of both, Mika explains Alex stopped singing to become an historian, before inviting him to join him on stage for the length of a song (OMS of course).

Enjoy ;)

(intro in French, good performance but slightly distorted sound)

(Intro in English, the two singers seem less comfortable with their voices unfortunately)