'Ci parliamo da grandi' - by Mika sang by Eros Ramazzotti 2008

I didn't know.sorry

Aw, it's okay! :huglove:

Some MFCers found out about this ages ago and started discussing it on MFC. Others felt that since Mika wrote under a pseudonym, that it was disrespectful of his privacy to discuss it on MFC.

But, now he's said it himself on radio, so clearly the cat's out of the bag. :punk:

• Like 1

I didn't know.sorry

actually, that was only a joke. :wink2:

I don't think I ever discussed that song here. In fact, I think I only listened to it once and I don't even have a particular opinion. Perhaps I listen to it again over the weekend

Edited by suzie

Aw, it's okay! :huglove:

Some MFCers found out about this ages ago and started discussing it on MFC. Others felt that since Mika wrote under a pseudonym, that it was disrespectful of his privacy to discuss it on MFC.

But, now he's said it himself on radio, so clearly the cat's out of the bag.

Yeah, after he went all "hush hush, it's a secret" (or similar words) last summer when they asked him in Madrid :mf_lustslow::roftl:

By the way, am I the only one who happens to like Eros? He played a massive part in my teens, and I listened to his music 24/7. I still listen to his old albums every so often, and like them a lot.

So I say: good move :wub2:.

• Like 1

So we can put this so-called controversy to bed now? :teehee:

I always found the idea that Mika would be angry about this getting out a little far fetched. He seems quite pleased with himself!

I knew all about Alice but I had no idea he had 15 other pseudonyms. :shocked:

Damn I'm going to be busy. :naughty:

Yeah, after he went all "hush hush, it's a secret" (or similar words) last summer when they asked him in Madrid :mf_lustslow::roftl:

By the way, am I the only one who happens to like Eros? He played a massive part in my teens, and I listened to his music 24/7. I still listen to his old albums every so often, and like them a lot.

So I say: good move :wub2:.

You're not the only one. When I was 5 I thought I would have married him one day:aah: :lmao: (be kind please, I was a kid)

Love his old albums, until "Dove c'è Musica": awesome tunes..

You're not the only one. When I was 5 I thought I would have married him one day:aah::lmao: (be kind please, I was a kid)

Love his old albums, until "Dove c'è Musica": awesome tunes..

Well, you never know, he did like them young. Didn't he marry some girl who was a lot younger than him? :naughty:

Funny enough I never really fancied him, I was too busy drooling over Luis Miguel (:blush-anim-cl:) at that time, but I loved his music. And yes, the first few albums are the ones I am talking about.

Well, to be honest I don't even really know the new ones because I stopped following him when I heard a few songs from a couple of new albums that I didn't like and that was the end of it for me, I got busy with other artists :biggrin2:.

Ci parliamo da grandi

“Tu corri io sto

tu chiedi io do

siamo grandi o no?!”

Sooner or later parents must detach themselves from their children: it is a hard and complicated time to face. You never really get over it. I too will have to let Aurora fly with her own wings and here I imagine my feelings in that particular situation. I wrote the lyrics together with Nicolò Agliardi, who found extremely poetic verses to express my thoughts; the music was composed by Robbie Williams’ author and producer, Guy Chambers. It is a brit-pop piece that I recorded in Chambers’ London studio: it has been a great experience, even because I realized that as Italians we are not inferior to the English when it comes to technology and preparing songs.

I just found this quote by Eros?! :blink:

Well, you never know, he did like them young. Didn't he marry some girl who was a lot younger than him? :naughty:

Funny enough I never really fancied him, I was too busy drooling over Luis Miguel (:blush-anim-cl:) at that time, but I loved his music. And yes, the first few albums are the ones I am talking about.

Well, to be honest I don't even really know the new ones because I stopped following him when I heard a few songs from a couple of new albums that I didn't like and that was the end of it for me, I got busy with other artists :biggrin2:.

Well, when he was young he was very cute

p04235kvan7.jpg

Yeah, he married Michelle (gosh, how much she gets on my nerves:chair:) but they broke up a few years ago, and honestly I don't care anymore now:naughty: , I got busy with other artist too:naughty:

15 pseudonyms?:shocked:

Damn, did he know he was gonna get FBI-like fans or something?:roftl:

He's not Nicolò Agliardi though, unless he's a bald man.

And he's certainly not Guy Chambers! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

I wrote the lyrics together with Nicolò Agliardi, who found extremely poetic verses to express my thoughts; the music was composed by Robbie Williams’ author and producer, Guy Chambers. It is a brit-pop piece that I recorded in Chambers’ London studio: it has been a great experience, even because I realized that as Italians we are not inferior to the English when it comes to technology and preparing songs.

I just found this quote by Eros?! :blink:

For Eros, obviously the strength of the song is the lyrics the writing of which he took part. :cool:

He probably never met Mika even though Mika is also singing backing vocals on the track, and is credited under his real name, as far as I remember. :wink2:

In 10 years' time Eros might be boasting about how Mika once wrote a song for him early in his career:mf_rosetinted:

:biggrin2:

For Eros, obviously the strength of the song is the lyrics the writing of which he took part. :cool:

He probably never met Mika even though Mika is also singing backing vocals on the track, and is credited under his real name, as far as I remember. :wink2:

In 10 years' time Eros might be boasting about how Mika once wrote a song for him early in his career:mf_rosetinted:

:biggrin2:

See, sometimes I think I know quite a bit about him......sometimes I wonder where I've been!! :naughty:

How do peeps know these things??

How do peeps know these things??

To tell you the truth, I don't remember.... I think I saw the album cover and it included Mica Penniman as backing vocals.

I can't have dreamt it all..:blink:

yes, it all happened when someone spotted his name in the credits and composers of a song in eros ramazzotti's double collection cd in nov. 07.

so alice was not enough to hide him...if they put his real name in the choir!:naughty:

To tell you the truth, I don't remember.... I think I saw the album cover and it included Mica Penniman as backing vocals.

Yeah I remember that. He was credited as Mica Penniman as far as we could figure out:thumb_yello::naughty:

It may have helped if I'd even heard of the guy!!

We English are known for assuming that only English music counts when there's a whole world of it going on out there that we don't get to hear! :blink:

Will just try to keep up with what everyone else knows!!! :naughty:

Yeah I remember that. He was credited as Mica Penniman as far as we could figure out:thumb_yello::naughty:

Actually, I found it in my 'Mika files':

from album track listing (a double Eros CD)

1.16. Ci Parliamo Da Grandi

Writers: E. Ramazzotti - N. Agliardi/G. Chambers - Alice

Published: EMI Music Publishing UK/Dodgy Holiday/ViaMeda Ed.Mus/Universial Music Publishing Ricordi S.R.L.

Produced: Guy Chambers & Richard Flak

Recorded: Richard Flack & Paul Stanborough at Sleep Recording Studios & Angel Recording Studios, London Mixed at Konk Studios, London

Drums: Keith Prior

Bass Guitar/Keyboards: Guy Chambers

Electric Guitars: Luke Potashnick/Paul Stanbotough

Acoustic Guitars: Luke Potashnick

Pedal Steel: Melvin Duffy

Backing Vocals: G. Chambers/M. Penniman/E. Ramazzotti

(p) 2007 sony BMG Music Enterainment (Nederlands) B.V.

:thumb_yello:

PS: and just for the record, I don't listen to Eros, sorry and I would have never even noticed this song if it had nothing to do with Mika

Edited by suzie

Personnel: Eros Ramazzotti (guitar, background vocals); Chris Maxwell (vocals, baritone guitar, organ, bass guitar); Phil Hernandez (vocals, bass guitar, drums, percussion); Mike Landau (guitar, guitars, electric guitar, nylon-string guitar); Paolo Gianolio (guitar, guitars, bass guitar, drums, keyboard programming); John Shanks (guitar, keyboards, bass guitar); Michael Thompson , Rusty Anderson (guitar); Claudio Guidetti (guitars, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, lap steel guitar, piano, electric piano, keyboards, drums); Giorgio Cocilovo, Jorge Valdez Chicoy, Giorgio Secco, Dan Warner, Massimo Varini, Phil Palmer, Tim Pierce (guitars); Fabrizio Leo, Luke Potashnick, Bicio (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Jesse String, Paul Stanbotough, Lyle Workman (electric guitar); Patrick Leonard (lap steel guitar, keyboards, drum programming); Melvin Duffy (pedal steel guitar); Ramone Stagnaro (Spanish guitar); Sebastian Petiiet (mandolin); Sean Keane (fiddle); Neil Martin (cello); Paddy Moloney (flute, gaita, tin whistle); Matt Molloy (flute); Juan Jose Restrepo (accordion); Rudy Trevisi (saxophone); Alfredo Thompson (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Juan Manuel Jimenez (trumpet); Carlos Alvarez Guerra (trombone); Jamie Muhoberac, Celso Valli (piano, Hammond b-3 organ, keyboards); Maurizio Bassi (piano, keyboards, programming); Harold Lopez, Mark Harris (piano); Charles Judge (electric piano, keyboards, drum machine, programming); Ron Taylor, Davide Rossi (Hammond b-3 organ); Guy Chambers (keyboards, bass guitar); Chester Thompson, Pat Fitzpatrick, Arden 'Keyz' Altino (keyboards); James Blennerhassett (double bass, bass guitar); Frank Rubio, Dino D'Autorio, Matteo Bassi, John Giblin, Lee Sklar, Nathan East, Paul Bushnell, Sal Cuevas, Tony Franklin, Tony Levin , Paolo Costa, Bryan Beller (bass guitar); Keith Prior, Emiliano Bassi, Jeremy Colson, Abe Laboriel Jr., Lee Levin, Vinnie Colaiuta, Charlie Morgan, Lele Melotti, Steve Ferrone (drums); Lloyd Birne (drum set, percussion); Luca Bignardi (drum machine, programming, sound effects); Kevin Connell (bodhran, tambour); Amadito Valdez (timbales); Laercio Da Costa, Julio Guena, Karl Perazzo, Lenny Castro, Luis Conte (percussion); Jeff Rotschild (programming); Michele Canova (keyboard programming, drum programming); Gaetano Leandro (keyboard programming); Doug Yowell (drum programming); A. Baroni, B. Staunton, L. Jurman, S. Pozzoli, P. Ingram, G. Pozzoli, E. Cortesi, A. Pepe, J. Gilstrap, M. Penniman, M. Ferrara, M. Bassi, N. Hackett, G. Chambers, A. Brown, L. Davis, C. Guidetti (background vocals); Serse Mai, Barbarito Torres, Triona Marshall.

Found this!!

I feel like a better fan now!!! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Actually, I found it in my 'Mika files':

from album track listing (a double Eros CD)

1.16. Ci Parliamo Da Grandi

Writers: E. Ramazzotti - N. Agliardi/G. Chambers - Alice

Published: EMI Music Publishing UK/Dodgy Holiday/ViaMeda Ed.Mus/Universial Music Publishing Ricordi S.R.L.

Produced: Guy Chambers & Richard Flak

Recorded: Richard Flack & Paul Stanborough at Sleep Recording Studios & Angel Recording Studios, London Mixed at Konk Studios, London

Drums: Keith Prior

Bass Guitar/Keyboards: Guy Chambers

Electric Guitars: Luke Potashnick/Paul Stanbotough

Acoustic Guitars: Luke Potashnick

Pedal Steel: Melvin Duffy

Backing Vocals: G. Chambers/M. Penniman/E. Ramazzotti

(p) 2007 sony BMG Music Enterainment (Nederlands) B.V.

:thumb_yello:

PS: and just for the record, I don't listen to Eros, sorry and I would have never even noticed this song if it had nothing to do with Mika

Isn't this Mika's company too?

now we know that Mika wrote a song for the Italian singer Eros Ramazzotti.

He told this to us during his italian interview at radio 105

That is such a lovely song! Why did the maestro keep quiet about it and write it under another name? I think Mika should write songs occasionally for other people, it adds to his kudos as a songwriter! The song is just beautiful and the guy sings and plays it really well.