'Ci parliamo da grandi' - by Mika sang by Eros Ramazzotti 2008

See, sometimes I think I know quite a bit about him......sometimes I wonder where I've been!! :naughty:

How do peeps know these things??

I'm beginning to feel the same. I boast that I know everything possible about Mika and then ya'll tell me you've known about this for 2 years. Where have I been? :shocked::roftl:

Yeah, after he went all "hush hush, it's a secret" (or similar words) last summer when they asked him in Madrid :mf_lustslow::roftl:

By the way, am I the only one who happens to like Eros? He played a massive part in my teens, and I listened to his music 24/7. I still listen to his old albums every so often, and like them a lot.

So I say: good move :wub2:.

I think he's okay. My mom likes him a lot and has some of his albums:naughty:

So we can put this so-called controversy to bed now? :teehee:

I always found the idea that Mika would be angry about this getting out a little far fetched. He seems quite pleased with himself!

I knew all about Alice but I had no idea he had 15 other pseudonyms. :shocked:

Damn I'm going to be busy. :naughty:

I thought the same. MFC FBI, start investigating:mf_rosetinted:

To tell you the truth, I don't remember.... I think I saw the album cover and it included Mica Penniman as backing vocals.

I can't have dreamt it all..:blink:

Uhu. It was also on that BMI site where he registered a lot of his stuff.

Oh man, how are we ever gonna find out those other songs?:blink:

Isn't this Mika's company too?

yes. I think this is his only song (+ the Spanish version) published under Dodgy Holiday.

I'm beginning to feel the same. I boast that I know everything possible about Mika and then ya'll tell me you've known about this for 2 years. Where have I been? :shocked::roftl:

Somewhere over the rainbow, obviously :biggrin2:

I listened to it twice now and actually like it. I would have used more dynamics, though. In my opinion, this production is a bit shallow in that respect.

Anyway, I might write down Mika's English lines later from the interview just to finally hear the original words:thumb_yello:

somos grandes o no is the same song that ramazzotti sang in spanish:wink2:

Well, when he was young he was very cute

p04235kvan7.jpg

Probably, but he was just never my type :blink: I guess.

Actually, I found it in my 'Mika files':

from album track listing (a double Eros CD)

1.16. Ci Parliamo Da Grandi

Writers: E. Ramazzotti - N. Agliardi/G. Chambers - Alice

Published: EMI Music Publishing UK/Dodgy Holiday/ViaMeda Ed.Mus/Universial Music Publishing Ricordi S.R.L.

Produced: Guy Chambers & Richard Flak

Recorded: Richard Flack & Paul Stanborough at Sleep Recording Studios & Angel Recording Studios, London Mixed at Konk Studios, London

Drums: Keith Prior

Bass Guitar/Keyboards: Guy Chambers

Electric Guitars: Luke Potashnick/Paul Stanbotough

Acoustic Guitars: Luke Potashnick

Pedal Steel: Melvin Duffy

Backing Vocals: G. Chambers/M. Penniman/E. Ramazzotti

(p) 2007 sony BMG Music Enterainment (Nederlands) B.V.

:thumb_yello:

PS: and just for the record, I don't listen to Eros, sorry and I would have never even noticed this song if it had nothing to do with Mika

Well, for all we know, "M.Penniman" could have been Mika's dad. How do we know that he doesn't have a lovely singing voice? :aah::naughty:

Girls, I in a panic. Explain me please!!! :crybaby::crybaby: Song which is sung by Eros, it is possible to consider as Mika's song??? It is written in the co-authorship? Though, it is not important... Whether precisely Mika has put to it Him hand? And other names of songs unfamiliar to me.... They too are written by Mika???? What to do, I do not know anything? I feel so devastated and become impoverished... I wish to be assured of all and all to know ..He sang them ever?. Where to take those songs?

For what that site? What mean long numbers near to names of songs?

Such feeling as if I lose something important, being only in a step from it...

oh lena, don't be upset!

mika wrote this song and eros ramazzotti (an italian singer) 'bought' it and sang it in italian.

mika wrote it under the pen name of 'alice' and liked to keep it secret.

some of us knew because M.Penniman is written in the CD cover as co-singer in the choir, and the song is produced by 'dodgy holidays'.

today mika spoke about it in an interview at an italian radio, so we are discussing about it openly.

Girls, I in a panic. Explain me please!!! :crybaby::crybaby: Song which is sung by Eros, it is possible to consider as Mika's song??? It is written in the co-authorship? .

No need to panic:wink2:

The story goes that Mika wrote a song (probably with Guy Chambers) and Eros Ramazotti recorded it with somebody else's Italian lyrics.

Then it was also translated to Spanish and it was recorded as well.

Mika is singing backing vocals, too:wink2:

Well, for all we know, "M.Penniman" could have been Mika's dad. How do we know that he doesn't have a lovely singing voice? :aah::naughty:

Well, probably a nice bass, so it wouldn't fit with the aaahs and ooos of the chorus..:biggrin2:

But the reason I excluded him is that he probably earns more in an hour than the amount he would have ever received for the backing vocals :teehee:

Though Penniman's are unpredicable, so...:dunno: ...could even be that 'M' stands for Macho.:blink:

Girls, I in a panic. Explain me please!!! :crybaby::crybaby: Song which is sung by Eros, it is possible to consider as Mika's song??? It is written in the co-authorship? Though, it is not important... Whether precisely Mika has put to it Him hand? And other names of songs unfamiliar to me.... They too are written by Mika???? What to do, I do not know anything? I feel so devastated and become impoverished... I wish to be assured of all and all to know ..He sang them ever?. Where to take those songs?

For what that site? What mean long numbers near to names of songs?

Such feeling as if I lose something important, being only in a step from it...

Basically, there's a site where Mika has registered a few song titles. We only know their names and who wrote them, we cannot hear them, and we've never heard the ones we know nothing about. Will we ever? :dunno: Who knows.

In the BMI website, Mika is under the name "Michael Holbrook Penniman" and his "other" name "Alice". (We're guessing this Alice is Mika, since we know Mika likes the name and is also...well, on it's own :naughty:)

Everyone's onto this now...:teehee: So many brilliant researchers in MFC..

So we can put this so-called controversy to bed now?

I always found the idea that Mika would be angry about this getting out a little far fetched. He seems quite pleased with himself!

I knew all about Alice but I had no idea he had 15 other pseudonyms. :shocked:

Damn I'm going to be busy. :naughty:

I never thought he cared if it was discussed to be honest.. yeah get busy Christine!!

In 10 years' time Eros might be boasting about how Mika once wrote a song for him early in his career

I agreee.. I would if I was Eros..:naughty:

Well, for all we know, "M.Penniman" could have been Mika's dad. How do we know that he doesn't have a lovely singing voice?

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

I guess Lena has the information from all possible angles now:biggrin2:

Just one note: BMI is not a site where Mika registered but a performing right organisation, so the company is basically collecting licence fees when a song is performed and gives it back to its members (songwriters, performers and publishers) as royalty.....

Means, it completely His song?? Still completely having not understood the all words which here have been written, I have started to love it, Mika's Song. To me does not prevent an another's voice to love this music, darling. At all I do not understand, I am upset or happy. When I hear for the first time Mika's unfamiliar song, always to crying, as the patient.

Mika did not sing it never? For test... And how those other songs? Where they are hidden? With unfamiliar names? What is still latent? ((((

Mika did not sing it never? For test...

Mika cannot read music, so he can't transcribe music, either.

As a consequence, he must have had to sing it and record it as a demo (or sing it to someone who'd transcribe it but that's not very likely):biggrin2:

I can't really help on the rest, sorry :dunno:

Basically, there's a site where Mika has registered a few song titles. We only know their names and who wrote them, we cannot hear them, and we've never heard the ones we know nothing about. Will we ever? :dunno: Who knows.

In the BMI website, Mika is under the name "Michael Holbrook Penniman" and his "other" name "Alice". (We're guessing this Alice is Mika, since we know Mika likes the name and is also...well, on it's own :naughty:)

Yes, I heard about Alice. These songs are somewhere

Mika cannot read music, so he can't transcribe music, either.

As a consequence, he must have had to sing it and record it as a demo (or sing it to someone who'd transcribe it but that's not very likely):biggrin2:

I can't really help on the rest, sorry :dunno:

There could be the Demo, the most beautiful, with His voice caress so gentle :tears: