'Ci parliamo da grandi' - by Mika sang by Eros Ramazzotti 2008

now we know that Mika wrote a song for the Italian singer Eros Ramazzotti.

He told this to us during his italian interview at radio 105

This is awesome because I already love his music!!!! for a longg time!!

Is this the song mika wrong for him!

Ci parliamo da grandi

“Tu corri io sto

tu chiedi io do

siamo grandi o no?!”

Sooner or later parents must detach themselves from their children: it is a hard and complicated time to face. You never really get over it. I too will have to let Aurora fly with her own wings and here I imagine my feelings in that particular situation. I wrote the lyrics together with Nicolò Agliardi, who found extremely poetic verses to express my thoughts; the music was composed by Robbie Williams’ author and producer, Guy Chambers. It is a brit-pop piece that I recorded in Chambers’ London studio: it has been a great experience, even because I realized that as Italians we are not inferior to the English when it comes to technology and preparing songs.

I just found this quote by Eros?! :blink:

This is great in Italian and probably in Spanish too, but I'm surprised at the number of songs linked on the BMI site:

ANOTHER LULLABY (Legal Title)

BMI Work #8208678

Songwriter/Composer Current Affiliation CAE/IPI #

MARR JODI ASCAP 404581478

MERCHANT GILBERT JOHN NA 245722863

PENNIMAN MICHAEL HOLBROOK BMI 477236431

RICH DENISE BMI 51230332

COLD HEART (Legal Title)

BMI Work #8537629

EUROBASKET (Legal Title)

BMI Work #9501253

EEDE NICHOLAS PRS 51540607

FALL FROM GRACE (Legal Title)

BMI Work #9140704

ALICE BMI 513535673

CHAMBERS GUY ANTONY PRS 121746497

GAVE IT ALL AWAY (Legal Title)

BMI Work #8537713

PENNIMAN MICHAEL HOLBROOK

LOOK DON T TOUCH (Legal Title)

BMI Work #8537799

PRAY FOR YOU (Legal Title)

BMI Work #8537938

RAIN ON ME (Legal Title)

BMI Work #8537945

UGLY BOY (Legal Title)

BMI Work #8538058

WHAT I WANT TO HEAR (Legal Title)

BMI Work #8538079

Surely not the new album tracks???

Would s.o. like to research them on YouTube etc....

Ruth the Eurobasket is Relax I believe as it is credited with Van Eede as well.

Gave It All Away is the song that Boyzone wanted to record but he wouldn't let them use it.

The rest have been up there since before Mika started working on the album if I recall. According to what he's been saying in these recent interviews he didn't start writing the songs for the album until after last summer so I don't think any of these titles are on the album...unless Rain on Me is Rain.

Edited by Christine

There could be the Demo, the most beautiful, with His voice caress so gentle :tears:

There is a short clip of him singing it in the Italian interview today. Just a line or two. But no demo that I know of.

I'm sure there are many demos that we will never hear.

Gave It All Away is the song that Boyzone wanted to record but he wouldn't let them use it.

The rest have been up there since before Mika started working on the album if I recall. According to what he's been saying in these recent interviews he didn't start writing the songs for the album until after last summer so I don't think any of these titles are on the album...unless Rain on Me is Rain.

Is Van Eede someone dutch? Never heard of. :boxed:

So we can put this so-called controversy to bed now? :teehee:

I always found the idea that Mika would be angry about this getting out a little far fetched. He seems quite pleased with himself!

I knew all about Alice but I had no idea he had 15 other pseudonyms. :shocked:

Damn I'm going to be busy. :naughty:

lol yes controversy to bed... now get busy christine!!! :teehee:

Yes, I didn't think for a moment they were for the album. There's no Dr John is there :naughty:

All interesting stuff though.....

It was Boyzone that he was going to tour with as support wasn't it? Just before he rocketted off with his headlining career.

I don't suppose we'll ever hear it will we? And I bet we'd love it :)

Honestly, guys, yesterday I had the impression that he wasn't pleased at all to know that the truth about this song had been discovered. :sad:

If he didn't use his name on that song, it can only mean that he didn't want other people to know about it. I think it was wrong to talk about it during a radio programme. :boxed: They should have asked him first, before going on air, to respect his privacy. :sneaky2:

now we know that Mika wrote a song for the Italian singer Eros Ramazzotti.

He told this to us during his italian interview at radio 105

I like so much this song! :wub2:

I have the cd of Eros Ramazzotti where this song is. And there's write "M.Penniman" too :wub2:

I always knew there was something special in this song,something that brings me to tears every time I listen to it...something that Eros Ramazzotti has never done...no one of his songs ever brought me to tears like this.WELL NOW I KNOW WHAT'S THAT SPECIAL THING...IT'S...IT'S...IT'S...

MIIIIIIIIIIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Honestly, guys, yesterday I had the impression that he wasn't pleased at all to know that the truth about this song had been discovered. :sad:

If he didn't use his name on that song, it can only mean that he didn't want other people to know about it. I think it was wrong to talk about it during a radio programme. :boxed: They should have asked him first, before going on air, to respect his privacy. :sneaky2:

then he must be really confused...cause he spoke about it after his own decision, without being asked at all!:naughty:

they could not believe him...they asked twice!

i think he was determined in talking about it, it was time.

anyone in italy, in the business of this song, lyrics author and performer, all were discrete about it, they never mentioned him in public.

he deliberately decided to talk about it, so we can be fine.

and it happened in the morning...you cannot even blame a good lunch with lot of italian wine!:naughty:

then he must be really confused...cause he spoke about it after his own decision, without being asked at all!:naughty:

anyone in italy, in the business of this song, lyrics author and performer, all were discrete about it, they never mentioned him in public.

and it happened in the morning...you cannot even blame a good lunch with lot of italian wine!:naughty:

also, what better publicity in italy then to say that he wrote for an italian singer?:wink2: i bet he wouldn't have said it in another country :roftl:

I haven't listened to that interview yet, but I can tell you that he wasn't comfortable with talking about that yesterday with us. He even said he would never perform that song in one of his shows, but he could perform it live on the radio in the future.

That's my impression! And I think that if he wished his name to be associated with that song, he would have put Mika, not M.Penniman on the record.

What's more, he may have been asked about it before the interview! We don't know what happened before!

What on earth would give you that impression? Did you listen to the interview? Did you understand what he was saying about listening to the song recently and feeling proud of it and deciding to tell the world that he wrote it because that's how he felt?

It was very obvioius that it was his decision to talk about it and that he is quite proud of having written the song.

What on earth would give you that impression? Did you listen to the interview? Did you understand what he was saying about listening to the song recently and feeling proud of it and deciding to tell the world that he wrote it because that's how he felt?

It was very obvioius that it was his decision to talk about it and that he is quite proud of having written the song.

Read my previous post, please.

I have already said IMO. More than this, I can only shut up and stop expressing opinion on a public forum. BTW you weren't there, you can't say that I had the wrong impression. It's my own impression, though.

Read my previous post, please.

I have already said IMO. More than this, I can only shut up and stop expressing opinion on a public forum. BTW you weren't there, you can't say that I had the wrong impression. It's my own impression, though.

I wasn't saying that you had the wrong impression based on your conversation with Mika because I didn't know you had a conversation with Mika about it. That's why I asked - since no one could have reasonably have gotten that impression based on the radio interview.

Mika made a public statement over a year ago about writing under a pseudonym for a famous male pop star so if he's been trying to hide it he's not doing a very good job of it.

Did you speak to him before or after this interview? Because the DJ seemed quite shocked to me and I find it hard to imagine they pressured him into talking about it.

I wasn't saying that you had the wrong impression based on your conversation with Mika because I didn't know you had a conversation with Mika about it. That's why I asked - since no one could have reasonably have gotten that impression based on the radio interview.

Mika made a public statement over a year ago about writing under a pseudonym for a famous male pop star so if he's been trying to hide it he's not doing a very good job of it.

Did you speak to him before or after this interview? Because the DJ seemed quite shocked to me and I find it hard to imagine they pressured him into talking about it.

I was just listening (as usual :naughty:), Allegra was talking to him about that. I was focusing on his words and voice, that's why I'm saying that it was only my impression. He sounded and looked uncomfortable, as if discussing an irritating topic, but maybe I'm just paranoid. Well, I'm paranoid :blink:,here I mean paranoid about my impression.

But maybe we could blame his empty stomach/lack of coffee??:naughty:

He blows hot and cold like this on all sorts of topics...what does he think, that we don't listen? That we don't use google? that we really don't KNOW? :lmao:

By the way currently listening to Radio2 Italy and WAG just came on :lmao:

But maybe we could blame his empty stomach/lack of coffee??:naughty:

He blows hot and cold like this on all sorts of topics...what does he think, that we don't listen? That we don't use google? that we really don't KNOW? :lmao:

By the way currently listening to Radio2 Italy and WAG just came on :lmao:

yes, radio 2 loves him! :wub2:

It was Boyzone that he was going to tour with as support wasn't it? Just before he rocketted off with his headlining career.

I don't suppose we'll ever hear it will we? And I bet we'd love it :)

You'd be surprised:naughty: