The King's Singers Thread

suzie

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally! This album was supposed to be released in February.

I almost forgot about it.

Thank you, Allegra, for reminding us.

I think it is a great opportunity for Mika to gain a new audience for his music.:thumb_yello:

PS release date is May 24th on the site

Finally! This album was supposed to be released in February.

I almost forgot about it.

Thank you, Allegra, for reminding us.

I think it is a great opportunity for Mika to gain a new audience for his music.:thumb_yello:

PS release date is May 24th on the site

Yes, me too i knew about February.

They are very late!

Anyway the cd is already avalaible to buy in their website.

The 1 June date is for the worldwide launch.

It seems a lovely album (for sure better than Kick ass album, in my opinion... just to compare with another album with only one M song).

I'm sad KS are changing The Bass.

He is a very very gentle and funny man.

I wish him a long career alone.

This is brilliant! I've been thinking about this and wondering when it would be out! This should get Mika really respected as a composer.

Yes.

Not falsetto virtuosity, not ability as a performer, not love by fans, not fashion jackets, not friendship with vips can be compared to the respect, as a composer, from others great musicians.

• 5 months later...

King's Singers are touring in Italy.

At almost the end of an amazing concert in a little church the Tenour introduced:

"Now a song from our new album wich is called "Swimming over London" and the song is from the anglo/lebanese singer/songwriter Mika..." - a pause... few seconds of silence ... then I started to applaud and then the whole audience applauded - "and it is Called By The Time".

So I was honored to hear the song live for the second time.

The first time it was sung with Mika, this time without him but equally enjoyable.

These perfect singers told me they are singing a lot the song in this tour.

I'm very proud of this.

At almost the end of an amazing concert in a little church the Tenour introduced:

"Now a song from our new album wich is called "Swimming over London" and the song is from the anglo/lebanese singer/songwriter Mika..." - a pause... few seconds of silence ... then I started to applaud and then the whole audience applauded - "and it is Called By The Time".

The first time it was sung with Mika, this time without him but equally enjoyable.

I'm very proud of this.

Fantastic- and the song's one of my favourite Mika songs. If he aint gonna sing it, I'm glad someone else is

I'm very proud of this.

:clap::clap::clap:

:original:

I'm very proud of this.

Oh, that is such a lovely thing to hear :wub2:

Another italian concert, another magic interpretation of By the Time (and not only, since the entire KS concert is magic).

And during the introduction they added somethign more:

"Now a song from the anglo/lebanese singer/songwriter/rockstar Mika.

This song is from our brand new album 'Swimming over London' and it is a wonderful arrangement wich we had the privilege to perform with Mika himself just about one year ago.

By The Time".

Yes, i'm quite repetitive... anyway i'm always surprised that theese excellent singers (the best a capella ensemble of the world) are so humble to praise a popstar so young.

I'm not everyday so proud to be a fanatical fan in general, anyway i'm absolutely proud to have attended the Little Noise Concert with Mika and King's Singers togheter.

• 2 weeks later...

From a blog of the new Bass:

"Chris (the Baritone) used the word 'poptastisch' when announcing By The Time in our close-harmony set (probably in Germany) last night. I almost died.... :)"

What does it mean poptastisch? :blink:

Does Mika know that his song is poptastisch? :wink2:

From a blog of the new Bass:

"Chris (the Baritone) used the word 'poptastisch' when announcing By The Time in our close-harmony set (probably in Germany) last night. I almost died.... :)"

What does it mean poptastisch? :blink:

Does Mika know that his song is poptastisch? :wink2:

"Poptastic" in English I think; it is a made-up word, Allegra, from "pop" and "fantastic". :naughty:

Well we know Mika's music is fantastic pop anyway :wink2:

• 2 months later...

:Update:

"Their stunningly high musical standards have earned them a place at the apex of a cappella singing, and they are counted among the world’s elite classical performers. With more than a hundred concerts each year, they continue a sterling forty-year tradition of enchanting audiences around the world with their unique charm, wit,

and incomparable musicianship.

As the London Times puts it, The King’s Singers are

“still unmatched for their musicality and sheer ability to entertain.”

show_147.jpg

Starting a tour

in the USA NOW!

twitter_48.pngFrom @kingssingers

"are in Bloomington, Illinois for the first concert

of their American tour tonight,

at the Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts"

via Facebook

WEB SITE: http://www.kingssingers.com/about.php

SINGING STYLE:

[YouTube]ANIj1wfMuK4[/YouTube]

FROM SHOW WITH MIKA,

NOV. 18, 2009:

[YouTube]LWhQ9xeF1sw[/YouTube]

FEB. 2011 TOUR SCHEDULE

+ TICKET INFO:

http://www.kingssingers.com/calendar.php

Edited by A. Clay

• 1 year later...

Hello all :bye:

I'm posting here an information i already posted in Little Noise thread.

Mister Philip Lawson is no longer a King's Singer :no: but he continues his solo career :original:

He published a songbook:

The King's Singers Sing Mika

(Collection)

Series: King's Singer's Choral

Publisher: Hal Leonard

SATTBB A Cappella

Artist: Mika

Arranger: Philip Lawson

Artist: The King's Singers

From their successful concert performances with the British pop star Mika, here are the King's Singers' settings of several of his most popular songs. Imaginative, joyful and empowering, this music is unique in the world of a cappella! Songs include: Any Other World, By the Time, Grace Kelly, Lady Jane, Lollipop, Over My Shoulder, Rain, Toy Boy.

• 4 years later...