The UK Promotion Of Mika thread.

Marilyn Mastin

alright, this made me research all sorts of info about flashmobs in the last 2 hours. :naughty: soo... if all the munich mika-fans i know of would come, we'd be 7-8 ppl... not that many, but we could try to get some flashmob-fans to join us, and maybe some could persuade friends etc. to join as well? i think if it's just 5 ppl or so, it doesn't make much sense, but with at least 15-20, it could be cool. i'm thinking of a saturday in december - maybe the 12th, 1 day after the single is out here - and of a choreography that involves umbrellas (and the "mfc rain dance" :naughty:), to about 1 minute of "rain" - whole song would be too long imo.

anyway, i've posted it on the german forum for now, let's see what response i get there, and depending on how many would take part, we can decide whether it makes sense.

a mika flashmob in munich, haha, i'd SO love it!! :biggrin2:

btw, about the uk, this doesn't help for now, but for one of the days of the london gigs in february we could do it in this hammersmith shopping centre that's right across the street from the venue. :naughty:

I'll be at the Manchester gig and also London on the 1st March. If there are any flash mobs at any of thos places I'll join in with my husband Alan.

Posting links to radio station is a good idea Miss Pie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/

Radio One

http://www.galaxyfm.co.uk/

Galaxy fm (this page has links to all the regional Galaxy stations.

http://www.listenlive.eu/uk.html

This one has a long list of national radio stations and some are community projects who MIGHT be pursuaded to play Mika's music.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Vote for Mika in Xfm Song of the Decade! You can choose three songs. I chose GK, LT, and HE! I've posted this on the voting thread too.

http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/competitions/vote-for-xfms-songs-of-the-decade

Cool! I'll vote when I decide what Mika songs I like best, though if we all vote the same songs there's more of a chance of him winning.

I'm thinking I should do my idea of making a tread and trying to get as many Americans as possible to E-mail our radio stations on the same day, and try to do as many people per area. I really want him to be on radio here.

I asked my Mom what a flash mob was and she told me it was a "Bunch of people text each other to meet somewhere to do something, like dress in robes. They meet there (Like a Mall) for a minute or so and then leave." so I now get what one is. I don't think my mom would drive me to one (especially one planned on the internet with people I don't know) :naughty: but if I "happen" to go to the place on that day (easier to do if it's a mall)....

I would have to agree a larger amount of people would be better than a small amount, but I think 30+ would be decent. I think only 10(or less) would not really be a flash mob. I mean, it has the word "mob" attached.

It would be funny if we all would meet at a mall dresses as Mika-like as possible and... do a dance to his music or sing along. XD

Edited by Buzzbuzz

Okay!?

I don't agree with your reasoning:

1) 7,147 views since August 8th is not a lot of attention.

2) Without at least a hundred people it will look lame & be up for the "haters" to easily criticize.

But that is just my opinion.

It is up to everybody here as to what we do.

I want it to be a success just as much as you do.

If we went in this direction & are lucky enough to get a couple of hundred people in France to participate in a Flash Mob it would be a really good thing for Mika.

Anything less will look amateurish & put a target on Mika's back - just my opinion.

I'm pretty much with you there. It's much better when there's really hundreds of people and if you look at the comments on the video - everyone found it embarassing there:no:

So it's probably really best on a concert date, maybe before people start queueing (did I spell it right?!?). I suppose there would be a lot of people who attend the concert and if we advertise it the right way, we could probably get some flash-mob fans/people who just think it's funny to join as well.

I've just put the radio station links on the first page, for convienience. I'll try to add to them bit by bit. Everyone else feel free to add some links as well, if you wish, for radio stations, or anything else that might be useful to us.

I'm thinking that I could try to organise a Flash Mob for the Manchester gig. I would go onto the gig thread for Manchester and see if anyone is interested. Flash mobs are probably best organised on the gig threads, because that would be the time to do it, when lots of Mikafans are around and in a great mood because of the concert. But I agree with what's been said, that we would need a lot of people or it would look lame and would not help Mika at all. So I'll suggest it for Manchester, and see what happens.

Edit: I've just put the suggestion for a Flash Mob on the Manchester thread in the Gigs and Tours section. We'll see what happens.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Here's an email link to request Rain on virgin Radio. @VirginRadio96 I think we also should get on to Radio One who have cut Mika out of their playlists altogether!

Edit: I've contacted Radio One about them taking Mika off their playlists! Please others, do the same. Send to Radio One Enquiries, here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/help/

You can also use that page to request Rain, on a particular show.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

I think this might be a long shot - but what the heck??

I emailed Perez Hilton the following link to the excellent review in The Sydney Morning Herald praising Mika for his "live" show at the Enmore.

It also compliments Mika for his authentic performance as opposed to Britney Spears' mostly pre-recorded show. Also apparently I heard it is rare that The Sydney Morning Herald praises musical artists.

The Perez Hilton Blog has four & a half million hits per day.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/music/putting-the-fun-back-in-a-live-show/2009/11/25/1258824755534.html

< Perez@PerezHilton.com >

I know it is a long shot.

But Perez has posted one or two things I emailed him in the past about Mika.

Thanks Marilyn - I sent an enquiry to Radio One in the UK.

I think this might be a long shot - but what the heck??

I emailed Perez Hilton the following link to the excellent review in The Sydney Morning Herald praising Mika for his "live" show at the Enmore.

It also compliments Mika for his authentic performance as opposed to Britney Spears' mostly pre-recorded show. Also apparently I heard it is rare that The Sydney Morning Herald praises musical artists.

The Perez Hilton Blog has four & a half million hits per day.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/music/putting-the-fun-back-in-a-live-show/2009/11/25/1258824755534.html

< Perez@PerezHilton.com >

I know it is a long shot.

But Perez has posted one or two things I emailed him in the past about Mika.

Thanks Marilyn - I sent an enquiry to Radio One in the UK.

This is brilliant! thank you! Pezzie might post it on his site, or put a link to the review on his twitter. I've just read the review and it is just about the best of all, because it praises Mika's live show as opposed to Ms Spears's recorded show which cost more, but was not as good. Thanks for getting on to Radio One as well! They ought to be ashamed of themselves! My husband Alan has also complained!

Edit: I have posted the Radio One link on my Twitter. Hope people protest and RT. Will now add link to my siggy!

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

any idea where i can buy a hard copy of 'Rain' ?? i was in HMV today and couldn't find singles and i asked and they said they don't sell them... i really wanna get it as i have both digital versions (iTunes and the other digital one).

i've also bought another 3 for friends for chirstmas :) (i already have 2 copies) x

any idea where i can buy a hard copy of 'Rain' ?? i was in HMV today and couldn't find singles and i asked and they said they don't sell them... i really wanna get it as i have both digital versions (iTunes and the other digital one).

i've also bought another 3 for friends for chirstmas :) (i already have 2 copies) x

In this mad world we live in, you can't buy singles in shops anymore - you can get them online though. From HMV :loco:

I managed to the single from HMV but only some stores still sell them.

I managed to the single from HMV but only some stores still sell them.

like I said in the "TBWKTM sales", I went in Lakeside today (which happens to be one of Europe's largest shopping centres) and went in HMV, and they only sold the TOP FIVE SELLING SINGLES.

How the hell is any artist supposed to make any money if no-one's helping them achieve their full potential? How am I supposed to support Mika and get him INTO the frikkin charts, if they are only selling the top five, and if that's so - HOW THE HELL DID THE TOP FIVE GET THERE ANYWAYS? (iTunes? For Goodness sake, are people too lazy to get CDs nowadays?)

Mika and co spend time on visuals and packaging, and it's not even being noticed!

I looked in WHSmith's...they haven't sold singles in years. The only singles they shelf are charity singles (which is understandable, but if they are able to shelf charity singles, then why not artist singles?) They only sold albums, and I only saw LiCM there, not TBWKTM.

I even looked in GAME but they only sold albums...

I was so desperate I even went into feckin' Curry's.

I shall try Southend's HMV tomorrow before work.

like I said in the "TBWKTM sales", I went in Lakeside today (which happens to be one of Europe's largest shopping centres) and went in HMV, and they only sold the TOP FIVE SELLING SINGLES.

How the hell is any artist supposed to make any money if no-one's helping them achieve their full potential? How am I supposed to support Mika and get him INTO the frikkin charts, if they are only selling the top five, and if that's so - HOW THE HELL DID THE TOP FIVE GET THERE ANYWAYS? (iTunes? For Goodness sake, are people too lazy to get CDs nowadays?)

Mika and co spend time on visuals and packaging, and it's not even being noticed!

I looked in WHSmith's...they haven't sold singles in years. The only singles they shelf are charity singles (which is understandable, but if they are able to shelf charity singles, then why not artist singles?) They only sold albums, and I only saw LiCM there, not TBWKTM.

I agree. It is ridiculous.

I got mine from HMV Manchester, but it's true that even some HMV stores don't sell them. Only the top five singles, that is so wrong. The top five do not need the help! I can't understand it at all.

Let's do something about it:

Okay guys as promised here are all of the Virgin radio 96 contacts throughout Canada that I could find:

< mbergman@virginradio.ca >

< bharris@radio.astral.com >

< VOD1069@virginradio.ca >

< mtremblay@radio.astral.com >

< wwebster@radio.astral.com >

< jwinskell@radio.astral.com >

I am including Marilyn's suggestion of Radio One in the UK:

< http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/help/contactus/ >

If you put them all in one email it shouldn't be time consuming.

I think sometime over the next week I am going to start a new thread with radio contacts throughout the world.

We need to get radio's attention!!

• 1 month later...
I'm going to Milton Keynes tomorrow so hopefully I can get hold of it.

Went to Bedford - not there

Went to Luton - not there

So MK is my last hope because I can't go any further than that.

Crawley HMV - never seen it there. Actually haven't seen it anywhere here...

Crawley HMV - never seen it there. Actually haven't seen it anywhere here...

I think that mikasounds website should sell the new singles. Part of the reason Rain didn't do so well, could have been, because people couldn't get hold of the discs in the shops.

Also, people who download the single, probably also want to buy the physical disc, even if only for a keepsake.

I think mikasounds should get with the program and allow fans to download the music, and also buy the cds from the site.

1254086455.png

When you

1) Follow @WeekendWireless on Twitter and

2) Request they play your favorite MIKA MUSIC track

this Sunday during their MIKA MUSIC CELEBRATION!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Show starts at 5 pm till 7.

Be sure to text the studio they would love to hear from you all.

For everybody not in the Manchester area and

can't get fm you can listen at tamesideradio.com

1254086455.png

When you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm following Weekend Wireless.

1254086455.png

When you

I'm following Weekend Wireless too, here in BRAZIL.:thumb_yello:

My tweets for WW:

@WeekendWireless We will work for this, asking for help fans @MikaFanClub @Mika_Br #MIKA about 1 hour ago from web in reply to WeekendWireless

@krjsantos glad you enjoyed. We need 200 followers before more mika is played I am afraid about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to krjsantos Retweeted by 1 person

@MikaFanClub Help @WeekendWireless This weeks mission ! If we get 200 followers by next week I will play more mika on the show #MIKA

about 1 hour ago from web

@WeekendWireless I really enjoyed, happy to find you too, until next week sure! More Mika ok, haha, have a good week about 1 hour ago from web in reply to WeekendWireless

@krjsantos longest distance listener we have ever had, glad you enjoyed it, same time next week ?

about 3 hours ago from web in reply to krjsantos

My twitter: http://twitter.com/krjsantos

post-12683-142983681542_thumb.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF you listened to tamesideradio.com

They played MIKA's "TOUCHES YOU" today by popular request.

Contact them for another MIKA track to be played on MON.

"Late Shift" seqment starting at 11:00 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd bet if MIKA had a say, he's say

"BLAME IT ON THE GIRLS" --

3 ways to register your request & get Mika Music air time

("instant message" e-mail, phone and/or text)--

http://www.tamesideradio.com/

See the FOOT OF PAGE! LISTEN LIVE BUTTON at the HEAD OF PAGE

Remember: @WeekendWireless the more MIKA FAN followers they get,

the more MIKA TRACKS they will play!

-----------------------

new_logo_bigger.PNG

:Update:

About 30 new MIKA followers to @WeekendWireless

on TWITTER will yield another MIKA MUSIC play--

@WeekendWireless

When can #MIKA fans expect some more FAB MIKA MUSIC tracks?

@ACLAYsuper

when we get to 200 followers

from TweetDeck in reply to ACLAYsuper

-----------------------

Edited by A. Clay