Wax statue of Mika in the Grévin Museum

Droopsy

Oh mariposa! Thank you so much for your wonderfully detailed report:flowers2:

I'm so glad a lot of the MFCers were able to share this special evening with Mika.

I too, love how his statue was unveiled to "Relax." It's one of my fave Mika songs, and it's the song he opens his gigs with, so I guess it's fitting in that sense too.:wink2:

When I first became a Mika fan, I dreamed that Mika had a twin brother. These photos are the closest thing I'll ever have to that dream coming true. :naughty: As far as wax figures go, this one's not bad. I'm just wondering why they chose that particular pose. It seems a little random (and strange) to me. :blink:

Thank you so much Mariposa!! I'm so happy it all worked out so well. Sounds like a magical night :mf_lustslow: Thanks for sharing it!!

I guess he didn't say anything about his plans? This was his last public event before his next album...? Already miss his shows :wub2:

thanks mariposa! that was nice to read and i'm glad you had a good time.

the statue seems quite ok to me, and Mika seems to enjoy it...quite a weird experience i say! seeing yourself lifeless and so similar!:shocked:

i feel like i'm going to visit that Museum next time i'll be in Paris :blush-anim-cl:

Translation from the youtube vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS5lzp5l8xQ&feature=player_embedded

Mika, Mika, Mika, Mika

Mika, what do you think?

It's incredible First .I want to congratulate the whole grévin team. It makes me very happy.. it's also a bit frightenning to be facing it! You mentioned my sisters, well they're unhappy about it because now they have two Mikas to cope with! I'm very honored.

Aznavour is here tonight ...but he's a bit rigid..no, no, he's no there...

I love this museum, I'd love to sing here some day

This museum is very special, it's filled with magic, it's hidden in the lmiddle of Paris.

There are not many in the world like this one. I'm happy I have a double who lives here. it's perfect. Thanks to all of you.

Artist:Six months of work, thank you Mika for being so available and helpful and always in a good mood and so professional. I was really happy to work with you and also I discovered a world I didn"t know before, a new universe, your magical universe which I liked a lot (My children knew it better than i did )

Mika I'm very sorry that I cut my hair.

It is so wierd to look at my double from a distance

(Sorry I can't hear the end of what he says)

They did a great job with the statue and I really like the outfit that they chose for it. The hat and this belt are so stylish, it's the perfect choice for a statue that so many people will see. Also it's very cool that it has some necklaces too.

One more thing I'd love to say is that I love the way Mika poses next to the statue, like in the next two pics. So cool and totally different from the way the stars pose next to their wax doubles. Truly amazing:wub2:

picture:23979369:preview:watermark?v=12cab6f230d
x610.jpg

:aah:

Here's my video of the statue revelation - Enjoy! :wink2:

[YOUTUBE]YS5lzp5l8xQ[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks so much for this vid and for the detailed report:flowers2:

A gig at the Grevin would be magical, hope it happens in the future:wub2:

They did a great job with the statue and I really like the outfit that they chose for it. The hat and this belt are so stylish, it's the perfect choice for a statue that so many people will see. Also it's very cool that it has some necklaces too.

One more thing I'd love to say is that I love the way Mika poses next to the statue, like in the next two pics. So cool and totally different from the way the stars pose next to their wax doubles. Truly amazing:wub2:

Thanks so much for this vid and for the detailed report:flowers2:

A gig at the Grevin would be magical, hope it happens in the future:wub2:

Indeed.. very good choice of outfit :thumb_yello:

Thank you ALL who gave pics and links, and especially you Marion for your detailled report and your vid! I'm happy with you that you also could manage to go in and be a part of 'Wika's inauguration show'. Really amazing work the artists have done, really amazing...

With the Reuters-report I had problems to download.. so I've filmed it with my old cam. It's not the best but well, one more memory of Mika's life in public :blush-anim-cl:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=66MRMHFN

Thank you ALL who gave pics and links, and especially you Marion for your detailled report and your vid! I'm happy with you that you also could manage to go in and be a part of 'Wika's inauguration show'. Really amazing work the artists have done, really amazing...

With the Reuters-report I had problems to download.. so I've filmed it with my old cam. It's not the best but well, one more memory of Mika's life in public :blush-anim-cl:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=66MRMHFN

Thank you :flowers2:

** TRANSLATION ** (sorry i can't hear everything, very echo)

Presenter: Here is now Mika’s Entrée in the Grevin Museum!

Music……

Presenter: ** sorry, I can’t understand what he said at first** Hello Mika, I present you Mika

Mika: **again, can’t hear what he says at the beginning ;o( **

It’s incredible! First of all I want to congratulate (he names people, not sure Claus? maybe) & the entire team. It’s a huge honor for me. Frankly, it’s a little scary to be confronted by the likes of me.

You talked about my sisters, but I’m pretty sure that my sisters won’t be happy because now, there are 2 of me. It is a huge honor, especially that Charles Aznavour is in the house tonight, even if he is a little hard. No! No! he isn’t really here, I’m kidding! (he is referring to Aznavour’s wax statue being at the same museum) I adore this museum and the amphitheatre, I would love to perform here some day. It is a very special museum, very magical. It is hidden in the middle of Paris, there isn’t many like this one around the world & I’m happy that my double is here. Thank you everyone

Presenter: Thank you Mika. **I think he is inviting the man responsible for the work on the Wax Mika**

Man: Mika, On behalf of the Grevin team, I want to thank you for your support, we had to see you many times, you gave us advice, you were always in a good mood, you are very professional and it was an honor working with you. It also allowed me to discover a world that I didn’t know before and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Working at Grevin has allowed us to discover your universe that is magical and I loved it. **then he mentions something about his children, not sure what**

Mika: Thank you, you are very talented. And I’m so sorry that I recently cut my hair. It feels so strange to see myself, even at this distance, you are a very talented person.

Presenter: **not sure what he is saying exactly, but he is inviting journalists to come forward and take pictures of Wax Mika, with the real one**

thank you SO much!

:fangurl::bow:

hello, just back at home after a short night.

Mariposa did a perfect report, i was really happy to see her again( next time , feel free to pm!!!!).

Mika seemed quiet, he jumped on stage , said it was an honor for him , that his sisters wouldn't be so happy to get another Mika...and talked about his new haircut: oui , je sais , j'ai complètement foiré, if someone can translate?).

The professionnals photographs did theit job and while we were invited to join the party.

There were quite some VIP's children who surrounded him when he came to us, some of us were far and didn't know he was there....

I crossed him when he came to the table where his mam was waiting with family/ friends:

me: hello , Mika , how are you?

Him: oh hello , how elegant you are tonight!!!

me : Hiiii, hiiiiii ( pathetic but i had nothing to tell him and he tried to walk to his seat.)

Then , as mariposa said , we were separated but we were so happy , drinking champagne, eating some macarons and others curious canapes...

Some of us didn't notice Mika was gone, we stayed until the last bottle....was empty.

Oh, Macboll and Sweetival made me meet a man who was at Bercy , just behind me , when i did a kind of choregraphy on the black eyes peas, he wanted to meet "Lillibet";

Ah oui, the joke of this night: i had an invitation in hands but at the second check point , MY name was not on the list, i had to wait for Mr Universal;In fact with Isa's help , i came in easily: the french organisation.

All the fairy tickets guests were on the list, i had your sms deb , so i didn'd dare to answer because i was afraid you could sleep at this moment.

Voilà!!!