Wax statue of Mika in the Grévin Museum

Droopsy

Yeah it is really well done. I have seen some crap wax figures in my day (1970s Niagara Falls - 'nough said :lmfao:). They did a really good job of it, creepy and all. :naughty:

Oh, yes, I've been there at Niagara Falls -- very creep, very crap! :wink2:

BTW, it you can stand a photo of the REAL Mika at the reception, from pinkcell29:

http://plixi.com/p/61408960

The US-Lebanese singer Mika, who is an international success since 2007 with his first album "Life in Cartoon Motion" would love to give a concert in the small theater at the Musée Grevin in Paris where he became one of illustrious residents Monday night, said a journalist from AFP.

"I love this museum. It is a magical place. I would love to have a show here," he said discovering his wax double, in the presence of a hundred members of his fan club, while that dozens had waited several hours in the street, bordering on hysteria at the arrival of the star.

Mika was one of his very first public appearances since the serious accident of his sister Paloma in London in early October.

"It's an honor to come here. Frankly, it's a bit scary to face yourself. My sisters will not be happy: there are two Mika now!" He joked before posing with his character that wears his favorite jacket.

"Pop star explosive and luminous, Mika became an international artist in four years. His childish and colorful style, his imaginary world without limits, enhanced by her extraordinary voice covering three octaves and a half, helped unveil a unique universe "said the director of waxworks, Beatrice Reyniès.

The double wax Mika will nearest neighbors Elton John, George Clooney, Julien Clerc and Monica Bellucci.

The US-Lebanese singer Mika, who is an international success since 2007 with his first album "Life in Cartoon Motion" would love to give a concert in the small theater at the Musée Grevin in Paris where he became one of illustrious residents Monday night, said a journalist from AFP.

"I love this museum. It is a magical place. I would love to have a show here," he said discovering his wax double, in the presence of a hundred members of his fan club, while that dozens had waited several hours in the street, bordering on hysteria at the arrival of the star.

Mika was one of his very first public appearances since the serious accident of his sister Paloma in London in early October.

"It's an honor to come here. Frankly, it's a bit scary to face yourself. My sisters will not be happy: there are two Mika now!" He joked before posing with his character that wears his favorite jacket.

"Pop star explosive and luminous, Mika became an international artist in four years. His childish and colorful style, his imaginary world without limits, enhanced by her extraordinary voice covering three octaves and a half, helped unveil a unique universe "said the director of waxworks, Beatrice Reyniès.

The double wax Mika will nearest neighbors Elton John, George Clooney, Julien Clerc and Monica Bellucci.

Thanks! Some things make more sense now :roftl:

33790_169281649778229_117724714933923_333802_8254162_n.jpg

mika: bah,no grey undies.... :shun: it doesn´t look like me at all...

Awww! I love it! And I love the curls!!! :wub2: I'm so going to Paris next Spring now!

By the way: I don't believe they forgot about grey undies. Does anyone want to check?:biggrin2:

The American Lebanese singer Mika, who has had great success internationally since 2007 with his first album LICM would like to perform in the small 'italian like' theatre of the Grevin Museum in Paris, where he has become an illustrious resident on Monday evening.

'I love this museum. It's a magical place. I would like to perform here one day' he said while discovering his wax double, in front of around a hundred members of his fan club, whereas dozens of fans had waited for hours in the street, nearly hysterical at the star's arrival.

It was one of Mika's first public appearances after the serious accident that happened to his sister Paloma at the beginning of October.

'It is an honour to enter this museum. Honestly, it's a bit scary to be confronted to oneself. My sisters won't be happy: there are 2 Mikas now!' he joked while posing with the statue which wear his favourite jacket.

EDIT: Oops, already posted :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by camille*

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? Hahahahaha ;):wub2:

I don't like you :mf_rosetinted:

The American Lebanese singer Mika, who has had great success internationally since 2007 with his first album LICM would like to perform in the small 'italian like' theatre of the Grevin Museum in Paris, where he has become an illustrious resident on Monday evening.

'I love this museum. It's a magical place. I would like to perform here one day' he said while discovering his wax double, in front of around a hundred members of his fan club, whereas dozens of fans had waited for hours in the street, nearly hysterical at the star's arrival.

It was one of Mika's first public appearance after the serious accident that happened to his sister Paloma at the beginning of October.

'It is an honour to enter this museum. Honestly, it's a bit scary to be confronted to oneself. My sisters won't be happy: there are 2 Mikas now!' he joked while posing with the statue which wear his favourite jacket.

EDIT: Oops, already posted :blush-anim-cl:

:huglove:

This one shows how much detail they put in tho, it's weird seeing it :teehee:

610x.jpg

There is something... wrong?? but I just can't figure it out...:blink:

Oh wait a minute... I think I found the reason why...:mf_rosetinted:

ITS CREEPY!!!!!!!!! :roftl::roftl:

besides weirdly wide forhead and not-so-right eyebrows are not helping too (don't even need to mentioned ''the pose'':aah:)... but actually I should admit that Mika's wax twin is way better than most of the other celebrities.. and the details are quite impressive too...but still something is missing...

and looks like the artist thought that the real Mika is way too skinny... :roftl:

It's like...

Ohh poor boy he IS skinny!! Let's give him some muffin :mf_rosetinted:

610x.jpg

I dunno. It looks a bit dead in the eyes. And a bit wammy round the gills, as my Gran used to say.

The one on the left looks good, though.

:mf_rosetinted:

No really, it's not bad. I have seen much much worse (try Louis Tussauds in Blackpool :aah:)I find waxworks extremely creepy though, and kind of hilarious. If I'd been there at the unveiling, I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing! No disrespect to M or his wax self's designer :naughty:.

Thanks to all who have posted pics/reports etc.

610x.jpg

There we can see how much weight Mika lost since the scan was done. I find it a little bit scary. But I like the statue