Forum organization

I do have one query - why are the MFC International threads Public? I would have expected them to be Members Only?

I can see that you want to show potential members that there are threads in languages other than English, but don't you end up with the situation where chatting in English can give you privacy, but chatting in another language doesn't? :dunno:

(Not that I know what people are chatting about in non-English threads :naughty: - it may be that I am worrying unnecessarily)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the threads in the international section were in general chinwag before so they've always been public.

IMO all the country threads should be in there. This is a public forum and the idea of having privacy here is just an illusion since anyone can create an account. There are a few threads that were placed into the members only section on request, but if people really want to have private conversations they should not do so on a public forum.

All the threads in the international section were in general chinwag before so they've always been public.

IMO all the country threads should be in there. This is a public forum and the idea of having privacy here is just an illusion since anyone can create an account. There are a few threads that were placed into the members only section on request, but if people really want to have private conversations they should not do so on a public forum.

Good point :naughty:

first, I like new organization, there's lot of sections, but I think they are in very logic order and it's easy to find your way around. :thumb_yello::clap:

I do have one query - why are the MFC International threads Public? I would have expected them to be Members Only?

I can see that you want to show potential members that there are threads in languages other than English, but don't you end up with the situation where chatting in English can give you privacy, but chatting in another language doesn't? :dunno:

(Not that I know what people are chatting about in non-English threads :naughty: - it may be that I am worrying unnecessarily)

That's exactly what we have been debating in Ex Yu thread aaaaalll evening :roftl: No decision yet. :mf_rosetinted:

Well, yes I agree with you, but still...I want at least an illusion :naughty:

So, hypothetically, if we decide to move Ex-Yu thread (which includes several countries) to international, public, section, could we have another chitchat thread in our mother tongue in members only section? Hypothetically. :biggrin2:

I agree with everything you said. Everything.:thumb_yello:

So, hypothetically, if we decide to move Ex-Yu thread (which includes several countries) to international, public, section, could we have another chitchat thread in our mother tongue in members only section? Hypothetically. :biggrin2:

Yes you could have a club type thread in the members only section if you want but you might want to think about how that will affect the dynamic of the "official" thread if you want to keep it lively to attract new members from ex-yu countries.

If there are some conversations in the existing thread that you'd rather keep private you can always start a new ex-yu thread in the public section and be a little more cautious about the things you reveal in the new thread.

WOWSA! :shocked:

. . . . n i c e work people! :clap:

BOY has this place CHANGED over the past 3 years! If I 'j u s t' stumbled upon it for the very first time, I MIGHT be just a bit intimidated!!! :teehee:

Yes you could have a club type thread in the members only section if you want but you might want to think about how that will affect the dynamic of the "official" thread if you want to keep it lively to attract new members from ex-yu countries.

If there are some conversations in the existing thread that you'd rather keep private you can always start a new ex-yu thread in the public section and be a little more cautious about the things you reveal in the new thread.

Starting a new thread under a changed name which goal is to appeal more fans from Ex-Yu countries (and especialy the Serbian speaking ones) sounds very constructive and reasonable to me.:wink2: and I trully support this idea.:thumb_yello:

If you have a new thread in the International public section you'll always have an opportunity not to chat and post only in your own native language, but in the English as well, especially with the people from other countries who want to visit your thread for some reason.

I don't see any reason why avoiding the English on the "national" thread if it's helpfull on some occassions.

(:mf_rosetinted: a lot of people tend to use "New Posts" and "Subscribed Threads" to navigate anyway - I wonder how long it will be before they notice there's been a change :teehee:)

I only knew there was a change to the forum when I saw this thread :teehee::doh:

Have to say, the new changes are SHINY!!! :das:

Did you consider making the gig thread Members only??

Just thinking that we all post our photos and videos there and maybe peeps should be members to have access to all that??

Other than that it all looks fab!! :thumb_yello:

Did you consider making the gig thread Members only??

Just thinking that we all post our photos and videos there and maybe peeps should be members to have access to all that??

Other than that it all looks fab!! :thumb_yello:

well, even if it is members only, it's quite easy to become a member to view them. so it's a false sense of privacy.

i, for one, before joining mfc, loved to read/look at the experience others were having. that's what made me join :wub2:

oh wow...i was wondering why MFC looked different...at first i thought it was always like that and i didn't realise until now

so im glad im not crazy :roftl:

looks good :thumb_yello:

Same thing for me!:thumb_yello: (But I'm glad I'm still crazy (about Mika)! :naughty:

Archived