2010 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika in Cornwall @Eden , 27-JUN

robertina

Did you see imma's tweet? She took a picture of us after the show.

Yes, you guys looked great! Why wasn't Ingie in costume? Was she a lollipop girl/bride and got dressed afterwards?

Freak tees went down amazingly well. Kept seeing people we didn't even know wearing them! Yasmine walked out when we were going backstage, took one look at Fred's tshirt and said WOW! Fortune was with her and he grinned at it too. Mrs P was talkinv to sharon about them and asked if we had any more. Some random girks said as we walked past "where can we get one?" Mika adored it when we gave him his one and said he loved it. Then he said "i love my freaks" and caz said "and your fokkers!" and he said "my what?" so then caz repeated and he said "OH i love my freaks and my fokkers"

Aw :wub2: Glad your freak tees went over so well. Did you get some video of giving Mika the shirt? Was this backstage or during a signing after the gig?

ingie's a superstar, but you guys already knew that. Mika said backstage that she's great. I'm quite sure he adores her, but then again, the guy's only human.

Ha, that doesn't surprise me, but was there any reason in particular?

How did everything go on stage with the procession?

Way of trasports used to arrived at Eden (in order to appareance):

friday evening/night

- 1 train

- 1 bike from sharing system becase a strike

- 1 bus

- 1 plane

- 1 train

- 1 train

- 1 train

sunday morning

- 1 bus

Beautiful nature, beautiful architecture, beautiful music and beautiful freaks!

Gig too short (but Over my shoulder again!)

Kick ass live!

During Lollipop a no-more-minor star on stage!

That's some true 'MIKA LOVE' I'd say . .

hand-heart.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

dunno if they've been posted yet? some fab pix here: http://twitpic.com/photos/Love7Poppi :biggrin2:

flowers AND the clown face! :wub2:

WOW - good find Mellody - those photos are wonderful :wub2:

Looks like you guys had a brill time with fantastic weather :biggrin2:

So wish I could have been there (darn you RL :sad:) We were at the itv television studios VERY early this morning and were speaking to 3 ladies who had just travelled to London from St. Austell. Guess who they went to see last night? ... they were well impressed and said Meeks was FABULOUS !! ...sigh...

Hello !

I'm back in Edinburgh before most of the Englanders but thats the direct Edinburgh Newquay flight for you!:biggrin2:

I had a really great time and although i nearly always do seeing Mika and the MFCers i think this was an extra special one ... I'll try to recount why ...after some replies ....

i am NOT saying a word....

http://twitpic.com/20nd5u

I love this because he is wearing the wristband i threw to him on stage ...

He did not realize that they had his name on until the backstage freaks pointed this out to him ..... Well done Mika for entering the spirit with us mad freaks and fokkers and whatevers ....

It was really quite embarrassing for her ...this shortsuit kept coming unbuttoned.... if she's just gone off and got a pin or something but she kept on having to hold her top ..looked a bit silly and could have been easy sorted .... :blink:

she was OK but not my thing, her bass player was looking sooooo bored the whole time i felt a bit sorry for her ....

not like ooor Jimmy!!

Last night was fantastic!

Seeing him in the beautiful setting of Eden on a warm summer's evening was pretty much the perfect gig.

Mika seemed to really enjoy it and there was a lot of audience participation.

The floral backdrop was stunning. I also loved Imma's dress that was covered in flowers and Mika's flowery jacket and hat. There were hundreds of huge artificial flowers on the stage. (My daughter managed to get one signed by Mika at the meet and greet!)

I have got some great photos to post when I get back home and write my full report this evening.

Fantastic to see you and little Ms MM again of course!!

The flowers were funny ...well Mika was as he threw them spontaneously in to the crowd ... not just one lot but bucket loads of them!!

I got a nice white daisy:teehee:

Ahhh it was brilliant. I wish you'd been there! We were laying on a picnic blanket sunbathing in the queue while soundcheck was on. Mika came on for a bit and they did sitm but stopped before the trumpet solo so the crowd started doing it and he laughed and said "jeeesus!"

Everything was perfect and nobody cared about the football once he came on. The entire place was jumping, it was amazing!

It really was great and the flowers and the stage were beautiful ..will post pics ...

The sound check was a real added bonus to see and hear out in the boiling hot sun ....wow what a difference for a UK gig!!!

It was a chilled atmosphere all day ......:wink2:

Way of trasports used to arrived at Eden (in order to appareance):

friday evening/night

- 1 train

- 1 bike from sharing system becase a strike

- 1 bus

- 1 plane

- 1 train

- 1 train

- 1 train

sunday morning

- 1 bus

Beautiful nature, beautiful architecture, beautiful music and beautiful freaks!

Gig too short (but Over my shoulder again!)

Kick ass live!

During Lollipop a no-more-minor star on stage!

:biggrin2: Great to see Italy represented and spending time with you Allegra ...

Yes, you guys looked great! Why wasn't Ingie in costume? Was she a lollipop girl/bride and got dressed afterwards?

Aw :wub2: Glad your freak tees went over so well. Did you get some video of giving Mika the shirt? Was this backstage or during a signing after the gig?

Ingie, FD and Jazzy were all bringing on the giant toyboy and so were dressed in black at that bit and then they go and get on colorful clothes after for the finale ...

They gave him the T backstage and he loved Ingie with her mad dancing on stage at the end ..i hope someone videoed it ..he kept taking her hand to dance, it was great:biggrin2: she was going well crazy!

Oh god it was hot :sweatdrop:

Arrived just after Eden opened with Rose and Laurel, checked out stage area, realised there was no point in the queue numbering that had already started :shocked: because there were two entrances and the security guy said both sides would be let in at same time. So we had a lovely time looking round the Eden Project itself (well worth a visit if anyone gets the chance to go), and meeting up and chatting with all the MFCers.

The stage itself was set in a hollow so we went to watch the soundcheck (while others went off to watch the football) from high up on the surrounding hill - fantastic view. However, Ingie had decided she wanted to get on stage as a BG or LG, so we went back down to the barrier as we were expecting Maria back out to select people. It was much cooler down by the barrier, in the shade, so we carried on watching (and joining in with) the soundcheck from there. We were joined later by the despondent football fans.

We had intended to go off again at the end of the soundcheck and get something to eat, but we suddenly realised that quite a sizable group of people had built up by then and they looked like they weren't going to go away. So in the end we stayed put (except for the ones who disappeared off to go on stage).

Things started getting a bit tense when people started wandering up and queuing on the opposite side to us - effectively queue jumping - though to be fair to the Eden staff the whole concept of people wanting to queue for a long time was alien to then. However, security told us the people in front of the first barrier - the true queue - would be let in first, which is what happened, so I think most MFCers ended up in the front :biggrin2:

Edited by silver

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/edensessions/Review-Pop-pop-pop-Mika-Diana-Eden-Project/article-2353747-detail/article.html

with slideshow :wink2:

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/galleries/Mika-Eden-Session-gallery-2353722-detail/gallery.html

Review: Pop pop pop with Mika and Diana at the Eden Project

​Mika

Eden Sessions

Review by Lee Trewhela

A STRANGE one to break my 2010 Sessions duck.

I would have preferred it to have been Vampire Weekend and Broken Bells but that was not to be, and the thought of sharing a valley with more than 6,000 Jack Johnson fans the night before gave me the fear.

So it was pop, pop, pop all the way.

A completely different audience to any previous Session, this was a family affair as you would expect from someone as shiny and nursery rhyme-tastic as Mika.

My little ones, aged seven and five, were excited but more concerned about being tired for school the next day – what’s wrong with kids these days?

First up was Diana Vickers, unrecognisable from her X-Factor days. She played a selection of songs from her debut album – all very pleasant but instantly forgettable bar that incessant single, Once.

The men in the audience were watching closely as she suffered a wardrobe malfunction, but she recovered her dignity. No Vickers' knickers.

And if you thought you recognised her drummer then you were right. Truro’s Dave Neale was previously a member of rock almost-weres Rooster.

Like the bouncy labrador he resembles, Mika is fun, full of energy but every now and then you want to shut him out.

This concert – minus the big stage theatrics he’s been presenting on his recent world tour – was colourful and joyous but akin to overdosing on E numbers. But we all need a technicolour overload sometimes.

It was non-stop camp from the off – Relax (Take It Easy) was followed by Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) and the strangely incongruous inflatable stiletto heel which accompanied it.

The set was heavy on material from 2007’s Life In Cartoon Motion, which now sounds like a modern pop classic.

A fabulous Love Today, cabaret-like Billy Brown and the obligatory encore of Grace Kelly were all larger than life. The man delivers on the entertainment front - some panto interaction with his band (he killed them all with giant sunflowers), throwing said flowers into the appreciative crowd and wearing the most remarkable of psychedelic coats.

Last year’s The Boy Who Knew Too Much was largely overlooked by record buyers but its charms became apparent on Sunday.

The pumping Euro dance of Rain was the set highlight while Blame It On The Girls provided the necessary crowd singalong.

There have been many moans about this year’s uninspiring line-up, but you can’t go wrong with the unlikely offspring of some unholy liaison between Elton John, Freddie Mercury and Scissor Sisters.

Fred, Ingie and I were in our normal clothes because we were the 'boys', Ingie and I were wearing trousers and tunics so we could just whip them off dead quick whereas the big girls would take much longer to get changed so they were still in costume.

Didn't get video of giving him the tee but he looked at the front and smiled and said the bit about loving the freaks, and then he looked at the back and giggled when he saw he was freak #1. Procession went well, I had to climb up onto the big moon type thing which is actually mega steep and rough, but once we'd pulled the toy boy on I didn't have a route to get off because there were flowers everywhere so I just had to tip toe round it all. We were sposed to carry on stomping but Cherisse stopped drumming and I heard someone shout from the crowd 'Laura I love you!' and I just burst out laughing and legged it off stage, hahaha.

I'm gonna pass the laptop to dearest Ingrid now so she can tell you her story first hand.

Ingie, FD and Jazzy were all bringing on the giant toyboy and so were dressed in black at that bit and then they go and get on colorful clothes after for the finale ...

They gave him the T backstage and he loved Ingie with her mad dancing on stage at the end ..i hope someone videoed it ..he kept taking her hand to dance, it was great:biggrin2: she was going well crazy!

Oh I hope so too. I love when everyone can just dance at the end. I hate the masks. :aah:

Like the bouncy labrador he resembles, Mika is fun, full of energy but every now and then you want to shut him out.

I can't say I've ever wanted that...ever. :naughty:

Thanks for the pics Silver/Sharon. Eden looks really lovely. I'm glad he gets to perform at so many interesting venues. North America is all dark clubs and concrete arenas.

My turn!

So we got to Eden at about 1pmish and heard some people were already queueing and we were like WTF, this isn't a normal gig, it's a festival and there are things to look at! We saw the queue and it was tiny thank God, so we decided to do what we originally set out to do in the first place which was actually SEE Eden. Very lovely place with lots of pretty flowers and some gorgeous icecream. :wub2:

I remember walking into the place and seeing a girl in a freaks shirt, and she looked at me...I swear she recognised me but I have no idea who she was :aah:

Anyway we saw some flowers and shizz and then we saw Silver, Freddie, Ingie, Rose, Laurel, Jazzy, Viv and whoever else was there...and we stayed and chatted a bit and we got our glow in the dark wristbands!!! Thank you Silver, they were really nice.

So after that people decided they wanted to watch the football but we didn't, so they went off to watch the (horrific) match (including Babs) while Sara, Jemma, Danika, Sarah and I wandered off into the Mediterranean Diome. So we came out and saw the stage...and there was a little window so we peeked through and we saw Owain, one of the roadies! So we all shouted out "Owain, Owain, Owain, Owain!" and he saw us, gave us a big grin and waved lol :naughty: So then we just continued round and saw that people were going to watch the match were actually already queueing. I guess the match was that bad and that they just couldn't wait for Mika and needed cheering up after our horrific lose :naughty:

So we decided to queue as well. We sat there listening to the soundcheck and we sang along to the instrumentals! Good fun. And then someone on stage started singing "Vindaloo" or whatever and so we shouted it back and they laughed :roftl: I'm surprised they heard us!

Anyway time passed a bit and we noticed that people just started to push into the front without queueing up at all so of course none of us were gonna take that. I went down to the front of the queue (because a short person is reeeeeeeaaaally intimidating :lmfao:) and started saying that the queue jumpers should go back to the queue. I don't know who the queue jumpers were or what they exactly looked like but I knew it was happening so I just said it "out there" rather than to anyone in particular (though preferably to the security guard rather than anyone else) and that's when one of Mika's crew members came down to ask for volunteers! So I was like "okay, I've waited years for this. This is definitely my turn." so I followed Maria round to the backstage area and we waited for Mama P to come out...

part 2 coming up :naughty:

some photos now, proper report to follow later....

night before gig - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=189595&id=666671765&l=f1cac694a2

gig - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=189602&id=666671765&l=81d0b22dc4

hope you can see them ok x

thanx... oh my, ingie was wearing the same outfit like me in paris... i'm wondering how she managed to dance madly with that cow mask on... i couldn't see a thing when i was wearing it, and hardly dared moving, out of fear i'd knock someone over! :aah::aah:

The gig itself - well, lots of crowd participation, great singing from Mika, the usual forgetting the lyrics bits :rolls_eyes:, completely swamping poor Imma with the Dr John coat, doing the band introduction and forgetting poor Cherisse again (we were yelling "Cherisse! "Cherisse!" at him), uprooting his stage props and throwing the flowers into the crowd - hopefully all these have been caught on video

IMGP1053.thumb.JPG.9b5cbcb855b927db5192214a6029541e.JPG

IMGP1077.thumb.JPG.749aa1e367d7d5aa488099a96a43d367.JPG

some photos now, proper report to follow later....

night before gig - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=189595&id=666671765&l=f1cac694a2

gig - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=189602&id=666671765&l=81d0b22dc4

hope you can see them ok x

They are great pics Sharon!

Don't think i need to post any you've covered it all there!!

It was a great weekend all round...Cornwall was beautiful in the sun:biggrin2:

They are all looking very bored because (a) they let us in early so we were there for a very long time and (b) there was still Diana Vickers to get through

Or maybe Diana was on! :teehee:

"Once" was enough of her for me but she was OK

Fred, Ingie and I were in our normal clothes because we were the 'boys', Ingie and I were wearing trousers and tunics so we could just whip them off dead quick whereas the big girls would take much longer to get changed so they were still in costume.

Didn't get video of giving him the tee but he looked at the front and smiled and said the bit about loving the freaks, and then he looked at the back and giggled when he saw he was freak #1. Procession went well, I had to climb up onto the big moon type thing which is actually mega steep and rough, but once we'd pulled the toy boy on I didn't have a route to get off because there were flowers everywhere so I just had to tip toe round it all. We were sposed to carry on stomping but Cherisse stopped drumming and I heard someone shout from the crowd 'Laura I love you!' and I just burst out laughing and legged it off stage, hahaha.

I'm gonna pass the laptop to dearest Ingrid now so she can tell you her story first hand.

Can't wait to hear the Ingie report!

It was so cool to see you FD and Ingies faces!!!

meant to ask, did you ask to do that job .... as BG maybe a bit old hat now?:naughty: or did you get assigned it?