Christine

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Review by La Alsas France

http://www.lalsace.fr/fr/diaporama/article/3434920/Quand-Mika-perd-sa-medaille.html

Video: Mika aux Eurocks2010 http://dai.ly/a0r5KC on @dailymotion

DL-link

*AVI-- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HDJI4UC1

*MP4 -- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G3TG3QWP

YouTube

Edited by Kumazzz

http://www.lalsace.fr/fr/permalien/a...-medaille.html

translation :teehee:

I'm doing a kind of pop music that is very distinctive. And its not totally commercial. When i was young and at school, i wanted to write music to be heard. And i was always too pop for the indie crowd and too weird for the pop crowd. So i was in a weird place in between the two. And i found my own style in that place. I write music that is very happy and euphoric, but also macabre and dark at the same time.

A song thats about the death of someone in my family can be very "dancing". A song thats about me, as a teenager at 17 years old, who doesnt know what he wants to do, and that has a very dark period, can be very euphoric and full of joy. Its the contrast between the dark lyrics and the very happy music. It makes it a lot more interesting. The contrast between the two.

Inteviewer: the kind of "gap" between the two?

Mika: yeah. I did a tour that is based on the Death Celebration in Mexico. And it talks about death, something very serious. But at the same time, its very colorful and theres alot of joy, alot of hysteria and euphoric things. But at the base its connected to something alot more darker, and it makes it more interesting.

I always try to make something very pretty and visual with my shows, but that doesnt have a pricey look, Las Vegas look. I love this hand-made side. Most of the stage design is hand made by my friends and a whole group that works with us. Theres this whole "do-it-yourself" look, and thats gives alot of heart (soul). So its very visual, but at the same time very home-made. And thats important.

Interviewer: Youve been knighted Chevalier des Arts et des lettres at the beggining of the year by Frederic Mitterand, what does that mean for you? Youre making a funny face...

Mika: My mom loved it! *laughs* I spent all my childhood and Paris, and something like that means alot. Its a symbol from the part of my childhood that was French. And for me it means alot in this perspective. At the same time, its alot of pressure... i feel a bit young... too young in fact.

Sadly, i lost the little thingy. Cause i only wore it once to go to the pub with my friends *laughs* And i drank too much, and i was heading home on Glouster Road in London and i lost it in front of the subway. And i was on my hands and knees on the ground like that, and i was looking for it on the ground. And my sister found me at 10 pm in front of the subway station on Glouster Road looking for the little thingy, the little medal *laughs*

I always have a challenge in front of me, im always spending too much money on my shows. I'm always having a problem with a song. I'm always nervous because im always on tour.

And on of the secrets, when its so hard to sell CDs nowadays, and the sales are dropping every year. And the most important thing is to always be on tour. Someone that does music like i do, its important to show everyone why i write that kind of music. And to present my world in a 2 hours show and welcome everyone in my world for 2 hours and that justifies what i do. So one day, if the radios decide the wont play me anymore, one day if i dont sell any CDs, i'll always be on tour and presenting my world to everyone. And at the same time, i know im only as good as my worst show. It's always a goal and a pressure and thats really more important to me than the style of my hair.

---

LOL at the hair comment:roftl::roftl: and the medal of course:mf_rosetinted:

Edited by LilStar

http://www.lalsace.fr/fr/diaporama/article/3434920/Quand-Mika-perd-sa-medaille.html

DL-link

*AVI-- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HDJI4UC1

*MP4 -- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G3TG3QWP

YouTube

thank you so much eriko! :thumb_yello::wub2:

the pics are pretty :blush-anim-cl:

translation :teehee:

I'm doing a kind of pop music that is very distinctive. And its not totally commercial. When i was young and at school, i wanted to write music to be heard. And i was always too pop for the indie crowd and too weird for the pop crowd. So i was in a weird place in between the two. And i found my own style in that place. I write music that is very happy and euphoric, but also macabre and dark at the same time.

A song thats about the death of someone in my family can be very "dancing". A song thats about me, as a teenager at 17 years old, who doesnt know what he wants to do, and that has a very dark period, can be very euphoric and full of joy. Its the contrast between the dark lyrics and the very happy music. It makes it a lot more interesting. The contrast between the two.

Inteviewer: the kind of "gap" between the two?

Mika: yeah. I did a tour that is based on the Death Celebration in Mexico. And it talks about death, something very serious. But at the same time, its very colorful and theres alot of joy, alot of hysteria and euphoric things. But at the base its connected to something alot more darker, and it makes it more interesting.

I always try to make something very pretty and visual with my shows, but that doesnt have a pricey look, Las Vegas look. I love this hand-made side. Most of the stage design is hand made by my friends and a whole group that works with us. Theres this whole "do-it-yourself" look, and thats gives alot of heart (soul). So its very visual, but at the same time very home-made. And thats important.

Interviewer: Youve been knighted Chevalier des Arts et des lettres at the beggining of the year by Frederic Mitterand, what does that mean for you? Youre making a funny face...

Mika: My mom loved it! *laughs* I spent all my childhood and Paris, and something like that means alot. Its a symbol from the part of my childhood that was French. And for me it means alot in this perspective. At the same time, its alot of pressure... i feel a bit young... too young in fact.

Sadly, i lost the little thingy. Cause i only wore it once to go to the pub with my friends *laughs* And i drank too much, and i was heading home on Glouster Road in London and i lost it in front of the subway. And i was on my hands and knees on the ground like that, and i was looking for it on the ground. And my sister found me at 10 pm in front of the subway station on Glouster Road looking for the little thingy, the little medal *laughs*

I always have a challenge in front of me, im always spending too much money on my shows. I'm always having a problem with a song. I'm always nervous because im always on tour.

And on of the secrets, when its so hard to sell CDs nowadays, and the sales are dropping every year. And the most important thing is to always be on tour. Someone that does music like i do, its important to show everyone why i write that kind of music. And to present my world in a 2 hours show and welcome everyone in my world for 2 hours and that justifies what i do. So one day, if the radios decide the wont play me anymore, one day if i dont sell any CDs, i'll always be on tour and presenting my world to everyone. And at the same time, i know im only as good as my worst show. It's always a goal and a pressure and thats really more important to me than the style of my hair.

---

LOL at the hair comment:roftl::roftl: and the medal of course:mf_rosetinted:

and thank you for your translation again Roxane!

i love the last part of the interview :naughty:

Hi there!!

Yesterday was an amazing day...

I'm not used to make proper CR, but I'll try to sum it up quickly ;-)

I arrived with 2 of my friends around 12pm, and we joined Fanny (Fouchonneret) at the camping with her husband and friends ;-) Then we took a free bus to join the festival

It was very veryyy hot and very sunny... We saw Martin making his jogging... courageous boy O_O

Then the doors opened, we runned to join the scene, it was quite far from the enter, but quite obliged cause there were some fangurl for Julian Casablancas who were apparently very decided to be at the first row, in the middle ^^

Anyway, it was relaxed, still hot ^^ we saw Jimmy and Imma playing freesbee, priceless :naughty: so funny ^^

We saw Maria for BG and LG just before the first group performed, and said that she'll come back around 6pm... finally she came at 7.30pm... they were very busy and apparently Mika was busy as well with his press conference..

I've been chosen to be the bride :wub2: so unexpected! There were 3 BG and 4 Lollipop girls and a girl and two guys to hang the Toy Boy :wink2: Fanny was a beautiful BG and I was so sooo happy to share this amazing moment with her! We saw the gig at the vip tribune, next to the stage, amazing view, really :wub2: and a beautiful view to the crowd, who was very impressive! Everyone enjoyed the gig as well as possible, it's always very moving to see it, we were so soooo happy for our dear Mika :wub2: Maria took lot's of pics of the gig, of us etc.. and Mama P as usual took vids/pics of the gig as well.

Maria and Mama P. were as usual very sweet with us :wub2: and were apparently happy of our funeral march :teehee: Thank God, cause we didn't want to disappoint them, as it was a very big festival, around 25 000 people!

We joined Mika for Lollipop and Relax encore. He brought 2 guys from the crowd on stage and danced and had fun with them, really funny moment :-D For me, it was so special to be the bride, and so so amazing! He was very sweet with me cause, after the final group salute, he whispered to me "come, you're the bride, à toi l'honneur" :wub2: (sorry I don't know how to translate it ...) and we saluted together the crowd. It was a very beautiful moment! the crowd were in fire! So impressive to see so many people who come to see one person, but what a beautiful person, he deserves it totally, so happy for him!

And without any expect, he kissed me ... and I was :shocked: omg! I didn't see anything coming, cause I couldn't see that very well with my piggy mask... Intense moment :teehee:

Relax Encore was amazing, and Kick Ass live: just WOW!!!

After the gig, we came backstage again, and waited quite a few, cause Mika was again busy with journalists, and he came to greet and signed autographs for disabled people: so sweet of him *wub*

Then, Maria as usual took our tickets, tshirts etc to be signed... and then the groups pics, we were divided in 2 groups, and Mika sweetly took time for us even if he was tired, and busy... he always surprises me with his legendary kindness and generosity :wub2: what a golden boy! I'll never thank him enough for all these wonderful moments I lived so far...

A very very fantastic evening, I'm speechless :wub2:

Ps: oh and for his fall, I didn't see it cause I was talking to a LG, but I saw him when he was on the floor, he stayed for a while, but I don't think it's grave... ;-)

Edited by Miss_lollipop54
Still some mistakes ... My English is that bad?! x)

Hi there!!

I arrived with 2 of my friends around 12pm, and we joined Fanny (Fouchonneret) at the camping with her husband and friends ;-) Then we took a free bus to join the festival

It was very veryyy hot and very sunny... We saw Martin making his jogging... courageous boy O_O

Then the doors opened, we runned to join the scene, it was quite far from the enter, but quite obliged cause there were some fangurl for Julian Casablanca who were apparently very decided to be at the first row, in the middle ^^

Anyway, it was relaxed, still hot ^^ we saw Jimmy and Imma playing freesbee, priceless :naughty: so funny ^^

We saw Maria for BG and LG just before the first group performed, and said that she'll come back around 6pm... finally she came at 7.30pm... they were very busy and apparently Mika was busy as well with his press conference..

I was chosen to be the bride :wub2: so unexpected! There were 3 BG and 4 Lollipop girls and a girl and two guys to hang the Toy Boy :wink2: Fanny was a beautiful BG and I was so sooo happy to share this amazing moment with her! We saw the gig at the vip tribune, next to the stage, amazing view, really :wub2: and a beautiful view to the crowd, who was very impressive! Everyone enjoyed the gig as well as possible, it's always very moving to see it, we were so soooo happy for our dear Mika :wub2: Maria took lot's of pics of the gig, of us etc.. and Mama P as usual took vids/pics of the gig as well.

Maria and Mama P. were as usual very sweet with us :wub2: and were apparently happy of our funeral march :teehee: Thank God, cause we didn't want to disappoint them, as it was a very big festival, around 25 000 people!

We joined Mika for Lollipop and Relax encore. He brought 2 guys from the crowd on stage and danced and have fun with them, really funny moment :-D For me, it was so special to be the bride, and so so amazing! He was very sweet with me cause, after the final group salute, he whispered to me "come, your the bride, à toi l'honneur" :wub2: (sorry I don't know how to translate it ...). It was a very beautiful moment!

And without any expect, he kissed the bride ... and I was :shocked: omg! I didn't see anything coming, cause I couldn't see that very well with my piggy mask... Intense moment :teehee:

After the gig, we came backstage again, and wait quite a few, cause Mika was again busy with journalists, and he came to greet and signed autographs for disable people: so sweet of him *wub*

Then, Maria as usual took our tickets, tshirts etc to be signed... and then the groups pics, we were divided in 2 groups, and Mika sweetly took time for us even if he was tired, and busy... he always surprises me with his legendary kindness and generosity :wub2: what a golden boy! I'll never thank him enough for all these wonderful moments I lived so far...

Thank you so much for your report. What about his fall? Did you see what happened?

Hi there!!

Then the doors opened, we runned to join the scene, it was quite far from the enter, but quite obliged cause there were some fangurl for Julian Casablanca who were apparently very decided to be at the first row, in the middle ^^

I was chosen to be the bride :wub2: so unexpected! There were 3 BG and 4 Lollipop girls and a girl and two guys to hang the Toy Boy :wink2: Fanny was a beautiful BG and I was so sooo happy to share this amazing moment with her! We saw the gig at the vip tribune, next to the stage, amazing view, really :wub2: and a beautiful view to the crowd, who was very impressive! Everyone enjoyed the gig as well as possible, it's always very moving to see it, we were so soooo happy for our dear Mika :wub2: Maria took lot's of pics of the gig, of us etc.. and Mama P as usual took vids/pics of the gig as well.

We joined Mika for Lollipop and Relax encore. He brought 2 guys from the crowd on stage and danced and have fun with them, really funny moment :-D For me, it was so special to be the bride, and so so amazing! He was very sweet with me cause, after the final group salute, he whispered to me "come, your the bride, à toi l'honneur" :wub2: (sorry I don't know how to translate it ...). It was a very beautiful moment!

And without any expect, he kissed the bride ... and I was :shocked: omg! I didn't see anything coming, cause I couldn't see that very well with my piggy mask... Intense moment :teehee:

After the gig, we came backstage again, and wait quite a few, cause Mika was again busy with journalists, and he came to greet and signed autographs for disable people: so sweet of him *wub*

I bet you are going to remember this night forever!

wow amazing report:wub2:

hope someone has videos of the bride moment:biggrin2:

yes, one of my friends filmed this moment :blush-anim-cl: I was shocked, I just can't believe it! :shocked: I don't regret to have accepted to be the bride :teehee::blush-anim-cl::naughty:

Thank you so much for your report. What about his fall? Did you see what happened?

I didn't see it, I was talking to a LG, but I saw him when he was already on the floor, I don't think it's grave, hope so... someone told me he swipped on something apparently:blink: maybe someone filmed it...

I bet you are going to remember this night forever!

OMG, yes :wub2:

Hi there!!

Anyway, it was relaxed, still hot ^^ we saw Jimmy and Imma playing freesbee, priceless :nau ghty: so funny ^^

I've been chosen to be the bride :wub 2: so unexpected! There were 3 BG and 4 Lollipop girls and a girl and two guys to hang the Toy Boy :wink 2: Fanny was a beautiful BG and I was so sooo happy to share this amazing moment with her! We saw the gig at the vip tribune, next to the stage, amazing view, really :wub2: and a beautiful view to the crowd, who was very impressive! Everyone enjoyed the gig as well as possible, it's always very moving to see it, we were so soooo happy for our dear Mika :wub2: Maria took lot's of pics of the gig, of us etc.. and Mama P as usual took vids/pics of the gig as well.

We joined Mika for Lollipop and Relax encore. He brought 2 guys from the crowd on stage and danced and had fun with them, really funny moment :-D For me, it was so special to be the bride, and so so amazing! He was very sweet with me cause, after the final group salute, he whispered to me "come, your the bride, à toi l'honneur" :wub2: (sorry I don't know how to translate it ...) and we saluted together the crowd. It was a very beautiful moment! the crowd were in fire! So impressive to see so many people who come to see one person, but what a beautiful person, he deserves it totally, so happy for him!

And without any expect, he kissed me ... and I was :shocked: omg! I didn't see anything coming, cause I couldn't see that very well with my piggy mask... Intense moment :teehee:

After the gig, we came backstage again, and waited quite a few, cause Mika was again busy with journalists, and he came to greet and signed autographs for disabled people: so sweet of him *wub*

Ps: oh and for his fall, I didn't see it cause I was talking to a LG, but I saw him when he was on the floor, he stayed for a while, but I don't think it's grave... ;-)

Loved reading your report!! :wub2:

I'm happy you had a good time (I think "good" isn't even the right adjective for this :teehee: maybe fantastic or something)

Can't wait to see the videos we have from this! :naughty: