MFC Admin/Mod Team Changes

I think many newbies find themselves a bit put off when they read the occasional comment like the one you quoted. Rest assured, however, that there are many long-term members and newbies alike who still find MFC to be a wonderful and welcoming community. :wub2:

True! :wink2:

i know, just wanted to get some reactions like these to let other newbies know as well:blush-anim-cl:

i know, just wanted to get some reactions like these to let other newbies know as well:blush-anim-cl:

Good idea. :wink2:

I think everyone who currently participates on MFC - newbies and older members - are contributing to making it the kind of place they are happy with. That's why we're here. :biggrin2:

Good idea. :wink2:

I think everyone who currently participates on MFC - newbies and older members - are contributing to making it the kind of place they are happy with. That's why we're here. :biggrin2:

Mika changes, MFC changes... surely if MFC was still the same as it was back when it first started... we'd be getting nowhere? I think MFC is one of the nicest places I could ever be... even if I can't keep track of all the newbies around :aah:

I wasn't sure why you posted your question but now I can see that this comment really raised your doubts about missing out on something because you are not a long term member. However, if you read on, you can actually find the explanation, I think:

...I've never really called myself a fan but even when Mikarr started to annoy me I still stayed here cuz it had a nice atmosphere and all my friends were here.

So ilseh, I don’t think you should worry too much about that earlier comment....:wink2:

I have been on MFC since Feb2007 and I also remember people who left but they left as they were no longer fans. Yes, I do miss them, one in particular, but there is no point in blaming MFC for that.

i hope you realize when newbies (like me) read this they in turn might not feel welcome anymore as well when someone states it used to be better on here

Interesting point! Someone else asked me about this and we were talking about it here http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21186&page=150 (From post 1797))

Come and tell us what you think! :thumb_yello:

Interesting point! Someone else asked me about this and we were talking about it here http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21186&page=150 (From post 1797))

Come and tell us what you think! :thumb_yello:

just checked the link out , it seems they've already moved on from this and i'm not gonna stir it up, escpecially cause it seems different,

it seems to me that they talk more about a nostalgia to the beginning, without saying it's no good anymore now,

hmm, don't know if i'm making sence now:aah::teehee:

just checked the link out , it seems they've already moved on from this and i'm not gonna stir it up, escpecially cause it seems different,

it seems to me that they talk more about a nostalgia to the beginning, without saying it's no good anymore now,

Everyone is welcome! :flowers2:

When people talk about how they used to feel on MFC or how they do now and if there is a difference or not, this can't but be a very subjective matter depending on the person's very own perception and experiences. Nobody should let that affect or lessen the fun of being here. It's different for everyone. :wink2:

You wouldn't stir it up, we were just having a discussion and basically I think you are right, it's nostalgia.

It was different, that's all. Things change all of the time don't they and people will often look back at the past with rose coloured glasses.

Also, the MFC and the whole experience is different for different people so I hope you are enjoying your experience. Maybe in 2013 you'll be harking back to the good old days of 2010. :naughty:

Everyone is welcome! :flowers2:

When people talk about how they used to feel on MFC or how they do now and if there is a difference or not, this can't but be a very subjective matter depending on the person's very own perception and experiences. Nobody should let that affect or lessen the fun of being here. It's different for everyone. :wink2:

oh, i didn't mean anything bad by the nostalgia thing:teehee: i liked reading how people' experiences were back then:teehee:

edit: just wanted to make the difference between nostalgia and still liking it now (but differently) and peeps who say it used to be better and find that nowadays it sucks (don't know how to put that in a nicer word, english isn't my mother tongue so forgive me if i sometimes don't make sense :teehee:)

Edited by ilseh1983

You wouldn't stir it up, we were just having a discussion and basically I think you are right, it's nostalgia.

It was different, that's all. Things change all of the time don't they and people will often look back at the past with rose coloured glasses.

Also, the MFC and the whole experience is different for different people so I hope you are enjoying your experience. Maybe in 2013 you'll be harking back to the good old days of 2010. :naughty:

i'm enjoying my experience very much :biggrin2::teehee:

• 2 months later...
Looking for any more mods any time soon? :lol3:

Good luck to you if you want to be a mod. I've often wished I could be more use myself. I'm here every single day and I don't work so I would be available to do more on the forum. When the "World Reps" thing came up, I thought that would be good to do, but I didn't think there would be a UK rep so I didn't apply. But there is one for the UK after all.

I do like the idea of being a moderator. But someone would have to help me to understand the forum better. I've never even used the "Go Advanced" button because I don't know what it does. But even if I applied to be a mod, I'd probably not get picked anyway. I never get picked to do anything worthwhile in the real world, so would it be different online? Probably not.

But I have tried to participate in various ways on here. I've joined in with some of the projects. I did try and get a North West England Cell going, but it didn't take off because no one really bothered with the thread I started.

I hope I can be useful someday. We'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

• 2 weeks later...
I think many newbies find themselves a bit put off when they read the occasional comment like the one you quoted. Rest assured, however, that there are many long-term members and newbies alike who still find MFC to be a wonderful and welcoming community. :wub2:

MFC is a wonderful and welcoming community; I mean the way we get projects going when we team together is real democracy in action ... unlike in RL! :naughty:

I'd say if you get involved you'll meet fantastic friends here and some people can't be online as much as they used to (and that's a pity )but some new Mika fans also join in everyday and they keep the fun going!

I love my MFC family! :huglove:

• Like 1

MFC is a wonderful and welcoming community; I mean the way we get projects going when we team together is real democracy in action ... unlike in RL! :naughty:

I'd say if you get involved you'll meet fantastic friends here and some people can't be online as much as they used to (and that's a pity )but some new Mika fans also join in everyday and they keep the fun going!

I love my MFC family! :huglove:

Yes, like I said, I'm here such a lot, it would be good to do something, if I could be given a chance someday.

I'd join your HollyD group, but I noticed, on another thread that it is only for Reps and Mods. It's a shame about that. Give her my love anyway.

Good luck to you if you want to be a mod. I've often wished I could be more use myself. I'm here every single day and I don't work so I would be available to do more on the forum. When the "World Reps" thing came up, I thought that would be good to do, but I didn't think there would be a UK rep so I didn't apply. But there is one for the UK after all.

I do like the idea of being a moderator. But someone would have to help me to understand the forum better. I've never even used the "Go Advanced" button because I don't know what it does. But even if I applied to be a mod, I'd probably not get picked anyway. I never get picked to do anything worthwhile in the real world, so would it be different online? Probably not.

But I have tried to participate in various ways on here. I've joined in with some of the projects. I did try and get a North West England Cell going, but it didn't take off because no one really bothered with the thread I started.

I hope I can be useful someday. We'll have to wait and see.

Oh really?:boxed:Sorry to hear that.

I would certainly pick you to be a mod. You'd do it perfectly IMO. The techical skills are something you could learn and train for some time. The more important thing is how you manage to deal and coordinate with so many different people. I beleive you have that gift Marylin. :huglove:

Oh really?:boxed:Sorry to hear that.

I would certainly pick you to be a mod. You'd do it perfectly IMO. The techical skills are something you could learn and train for some time. The more important thing is how you manage to deal and coordinate with so many different people. I beleive you have that gift Marylin. :huglove:

That's really good of you to say that. It means a lot to me to get a vote of confidence. I might be going on the World Rep's team as a Deputy Rep. But I'm not sure yet. I'll have to see if it happens.

If it doesn't, then I might apply to be a mod when a vacancy comes up.

Yes, like I said, I'm here such a lot, it would be good to do something, if I could be given a chance someday.

I'd join your HollyD group, but I noticed, on another thread that it is only for Reps and Mods. It's a shame about that. Give her my love anyway.

My group for HollyD is for all the MFCers who want to show Holly that they care about her...you can join, please do!:thumb_yello:

I didn't start a thread for her as she only mentioned what happened on her facebook, that's the reason why I started a group instead but all people who want to cheer her up a little can join!

I posted on boards and twitted about my group for all caring MFCers to join.

I wrote about it in the reps thread so that they could join and also tell other MFCers to join... Holly needs all of us!:wink2:

I tried to leave a message on your board but I can't ; the settings are not good probably and it's a pity because message boards are a very good way to keep in touch on MFC. Ask a mod how to change your settings so you can get messages on your board.

I know you're a very devoted Mika fan and I'm sure you could either become a rep or a mod as you spend lots of time here!

There are already some countries with two reps, like France for example...so why not England?

I'm not perfect with tech issues either but if you have questions you can ask me and I'll answer you if I can! :naughty:

I'm sure you can do great things here!

Edited by crazyaboutmika

My group for HollyD is for all the MFCers who want to show Holly that they care about her...you can join, please do!:thumb_yello:

I didn't start a thread for her as she only mentioned what happened on her facebook, that's the reason why I started a group instead but all people who want to cheer her up a little can join!

I posted on boards and twitted about my group for all caring MFCers to join.

I wrote about it in the reps thread so that they could join and also tell other MFCers to join... Holly needs all of us!:wink2:

I tried to leave a message on your board but I can't ; the settings are not good probably and it's a pity because message boards are a very good way to keep in touch on MFC. Ask a mod how to change your settings so you can get messages on your board.

I know you're a very devoted Mika fan and I'm sure you could either become a rep or a mod as you spend lots of time here!

There are already some countries with two reps, like France for example...so why not England?

I'm not perfect with tech issues either but if you have questions you can ask me and I'll answer you if I can! :naughty:

I'm sure you can do great things here!

Thank you. The tech stuff is what has held me back really. I can access my profile page and message my 'friends', but I don't know a lot about the tech stuff. I suppose it's because I'm the wrong generation.

I do know more than I did, probably, a year ago and could maybe pick it up if someone helps me.

Thank you for your offer.

Thank you. The tech stuff is what has held me back really. I can access my profile page and message my 'friends', but I don't know a lot about the tech stuff. I suppose it's because I'm the wrong generation.

I do know more than I did, probably, a year ago and could maybe pick it up if someone helps me.

Thank you for your offer.

Wrong generation?! :shocked: I'm 51, Marilyn, so don't let your age hold you back!

If you're here and have figured out how the forum works, you

clearly have the potential to do more. Don't let it all intimidate you.

There's so much to learn about the internet and all the accompanying

technology... I learn something new literally every day. :original:

But what we've looked for in a moderator is not limited to technical

expertise, as you know. There are a lot of qualities that are important.

The bigger factor is that there are hundreds and hundreds of

MFCers, but only a few moderators... supply far exceeds demand, in

other words. There are many other ways to make a positive contribution

to the MFC, starting with being an active member as you are. :thumb_yello:

Wrong generation?! :shocked: I'm 51, Marilyn, so don't let your age hold you back!

If you're here and have figured out how the forum works, you

clearly have the potential to do more. Don't let it all intimidate you.

There's so much to learn about the internet and all the accompanying

technology... I learn something new literally every day. :original:

But what we've looked for in a moderator is not limited to technical

expertise, as you know. There are a lot of qualities that are important.

The bigger factor is that there are hundreds and hundreds of

MFCers, but only a few moderators... supply far exceeds demand, in

other words. There are many other ways to make a positive contribution

to the MFC, starting with being an active member as you are. :thumb_yello:

Fair enough. It's what I thought anyway. There are probably a lot of people who apply for mods jobs, and it's only right that you pick the best. I might still be able to be a Deputy Rep though. I'll see what happens about that.

But of course I will continue to be an active MFCer. I do enjoy my times on the site and will participate in whatever I can. I also think that the mods and admins on MFC are second-to-none. Thank you all for your hard work. It is very much appreciated.

• 4 years later...