Sweet Dreams (finally :wub2:):

Lollipop:

That's all. Didn't film everything, wanted to dance too :biggrin2:

OMG :bow:

My vids:

Rain:

Wow! You were standing really very close, catching sweatdrops! :wink2: Nice vids, I enjoyed them very much! Thank you!

Hi All,

I borrowed tiibet`s computer as I feel I should definitely post something about the gig last night:wub2:

To me, the concert felt really special and kind of heart warming - just like the last 2 gigs (Vienna and Novi Sad) I recently attended. You really could feel that for most of the audience it was a dream come true: Mika in Finland - a moment they had been waiting for for a long time. It was well worth the wait in every sense (:teehee:). Mika loved the audience that was made up of mainly happy and excited teenage girls who tried to grab everything that belonged to their idol - whether that be the Dr John coat or the huge Toy Boy doll ...And Mika actually enjoyed every minute of it: he kept touching their hands, shaking his head so that his sweat would drop on them (:das:) and kneeling down in front of them so that he could be touched :naughty: .

The audiece was sweet and very enthusiastic, no rude pushing at all, just the general excitement that comes with seeing your hero for the first time in your life. :fangurl:

Actually, I am not sure if this was the most suitable venue for this audience, since some of them were so small that the further they were from the stage the more they could see (there was no gap between stage and the audience at all, so when one girl fainted, for example, she needed to be carried out from the stage, by a crew member).

I have to go now but if I remember anything else, I will come back on it later.

awww! lovely report!

no gap sounds great, too!

anybody could tell me what exactly Mika said in Finnish? :wub2:

My vids:

Relax:

SITM:

Dr John:

Rain:

Kick Ass:

Happy Ending:

The Killing scene (with hysterical Jimmy :roftl: ):

WAG:

Lollipop:

kiitos! great vids (as always!)

so cool your boys also enjoyed the gig! :thumb_yello:

a report from me too, as i finally have access to the internet. and a bit of time :biggrin2: i think marianne and suzie have summed it up pretty well already... :naughty:

so, we decided to come early, since we knew that there were a bunch of girls queuing already since the afternoon before - and we feared that there would be many more teenagers coming very early too... which turned out to be true. list was closed at 12 with 50 people. but the weather was nice for queuing, sunny with some clouds. :-)

some time around noon john came out, asked about the list, and told us that there would be no barriers between the crowd+stage. :biggrin2: in the afternoon there was a bit of hassle because a woman was complaining about the queuing system (the usual stuff, some people just don't like our system, for whatever reason, i didn't really get what problem she had). anyway, it left us a bit worried that they'd try to jump the queue or would inside try to reserve the front row for their group. luckily all went well in the end.

there was some sort of board attached to the stage, where i guess when the club is used as a club you'd put your drinks - and underneath, there was space, so when people pushed, we were pressed against this board, which was at about the height of my stomach. i feared it would get bad if people started pushing, but although this was probably the pushiest mika gig i've been to, it wasn't a problem (though i have a bruise there now, but it's not bad :wink2:) - probably because we could move our legs and weren't pushed against a solid barrier. we could put our bigger bags under the stage, and the small stuff on this board, that was really nice. :biggrin2: though one time when mika was on our side, there was a sudden wave of pushing from behind, so i had to put my hands on the stage for support, and at the same moment mika decided to walk to the other side again and (slightly) stumbled over my hands. :lmfao: we both looked a bit shocked, but it was ok - luckily he didn't step on my hands, that wouldn't have been so good... :blush-anim-cl:

i was really happy to see kick ass AND sweet dreams on the setlist... :wub2: since he changed around the songs a bit (and did dr john, though it wasn't on the list iirc), i thought he wouldn't do sweet dreams, but he did for the encore. he laughed a bit when i was like WOOOOT!!! when the song started. :naughty:

like i already tweeted, it was very hot - the finnish sauna gig! :naughty: we were all soaked - mika already after the 2nd song, his shirt was completely wet. he took it off for 2 or 3 songs, then put the striped shirt on for love today. there were some really funny bits, like jimmy with the toy boy... and we also liked that the toy boy was lying right in front of us, and mika sat on it... :biggrin2: later mika threw the toy boy into the crowd, think i read that he has been doing that at other gigs before... but was fun to watch... :D

tina78 was a big girl... guess it was a good decision of her, because she was 2nd row, in between all the finnish teenagers, it probably would've gotten too hot and pushy there - but i'm sure she'll tell you in her report. :wink2:

there were some funny bits, like martin playing the top gun theme before billy brown, and mika playing the wrong piano keys because of that... :naughty: well, and the crowd was really into it, such a great atmosphere! i really don't mind being pushed a bit, if it means such an atmosphere. :wub2: i could do without the early morning queuing though. :aah: though in summer it's much better than in winter. and we had a lot of fun together in the queue. :biggrin2:

the only negative thing about the gig (ok, apart from the support act, who was just embarrassing... :fisch:) was that the sound was quite bad, because in the first 2-3 rows we were on the wrong side of the speakers, they were behind us. so unfortunately i didn't understand everything that mika said - but i filmed most of the talking, haven't watched my vids yet, but maybe i can figure it out from them.

m+g was really nice too, a lot of people, but luckily the teenagers didn't start screaming and running towards him, like we feared before. mika went along the line, all mfcers were quite at the beginning of the line... i filmed most of the mika+mfcers talk, but gotta ask everyone first whether it's okk for them that i post it. :wink2:

ingie gave mika the birthday video, i'll let her tell you about it... :wink2: and with me, mika talked about my selfmade bag (he said his merch people can learn something from that... :naughty:), and then i asked him whether he already knows a name for his dog, and he said it's really difficult for him, and he's flying home to pick her up on the 5th of august but doesn't even have a name yet, and doesn't want to give her some stupid name - along those lines, i don't remember his exact words, but got that on video too, i'll post that in any case. :wink2:

ok, gotta get to an end now... will post my pix+vids when i'm back home (from tuesday). had a fab day today with mfcers - nina, suzie, statue, ingie and bubbles - i could hang out with you guys every day, so much fun! :roftl:

one more sightseeing day in helsinki tomorrow, then off to riga on monday. :wink2:

My vids:

Relax:

SITM:

Dr John:

Rain:

Kick Ass:

Happy Ending:

The Killing scene (with hysterical Jimmy :roftl: ):

WAG:

Lollipop:

thanks for the vids and pics :flowers2:

Hi everybody, I arrived at home now. Need a little bit time to load up the Videos and more.

I had such a fantastic evening on stage and behind. But I will write a report soon.

Edited by Tina78

Here comes my report. :wink2:

Graciosa and I flew to Helsinki on Thursday and we do a little bit sightseeing on this day.

On Friday we decited to go early to the venue, because we have seen the girls in the evening before.

Around noon, were already a lot of fans there, the most of them are teenage girls. It was funny to see how different crowds could be.

The sun was shining and we were sitting on a step and have a good time. It was nice to meet you all or see you again.

When we get in, I don´t get a front row spot and 3 hours before the gig there pushing and try to get to the front. I was afraid that it will be to much later, because I´m not very tall.

I think it was 7pm , when Rugilegile tell´s me that Mama P. is on the side and pick up Big Girls and Lollipop Girls. I had to decide within seconds what to do and I decited to run out and try it. No risk no fun ;-). And I was lucky and she picked me up as the last Big Girl. So for me everything was allright and relaxed.

This was my second time as Big Girl and it was 100% better than the first one, because everything was perfect. We were such a funny bunch and had a lot of fun together.

2zs4kd4.jpg

At the first we go outside and trained on the bicycle path behind the venue how to walk. A few people stopped and must have thought that we are completly crazy. It was not so easy to practice without the drums. But I think we did a good job.

We had a little bit time to go again to the venue before we meet again to get dressed. We were lucky to get a good spot on the balcony to watch the show.

Before we went to the balcony we had to wait until the band hit the stage. You could hear the crowd screaming and Mika was absolutly on a high, you see that he can´t wait to go on stage. He wish us much fun and say that we should rock the venue. :aah:

Until Happy Ending we watched the show from the balcony and after the death march from the steps on the stage. We only missed 2 ½ Songs where we get ready to go on stage.

The view from the balcony was fantastic, you can see the whole crowd going mad ,pushing, screaming and jumping. Mika loved this crazy bunch !

Dancing on stage for Lollipop was funny, because the stage was so small and I was afraid to end up in the crowd.

It was so hot inside and we all sweated so much. I think I drink more that 5 l water .

After we changed the clothes we were waiting for Mika. I was able to give my presents to some band members and Jimmy (he got something for breakfast) shows me new pictures from his cat. It´s so funny, he´s a typical cat owner. We are all a little bit special with our cats.

It was a short but a lovely M&G, he was in a good mood and very kind to everyone.

p1090406.jpg

Edited by Tina78

Here comes my report. :wink2:

Graciosa and I flew to Helsinki on Thursday and we do a little bit sightseeing on this day.

On Friday we decited to go early to the venue, because we have seen the girls in the evening before.

Around noon, were already a lot of fans there, the most of them are teenage girls. It was funny to see how different crowds could be.

The sun was shining and we were sitting on a step and have a good time. It was nice to meet you all or see you again.

When we get in, I don´t get a front row spot and 3 hours before the gig there pushing and try to get to the front. I was afraid that it will be to much later, because I´m not very tall.

I think it was 7pm , when Rugilegile tell´s me that Mama P. is on the side and pick up Big Girls and Lollipop Girls. I had to decide within seconds what to do and I decited to run out and try it. No risk no fun ;-). And I was lucky and she picked me up as the last Big Girl. So for me everything was allright and relaxed.

This was my second time as Big Girl and it was 100% better than the first one, because everything was perfect. We were such a funny bunch and had a lot of fun together.

2zs4kd4.jpg

At the first we go outside and trained on the bicycle path behind the venue how to walk. A few people stopped and must have thought that we are completly crazy. It was not so easy to practice without the drums. But I think we did a good job.

We had a little bit time to go again to the venue before we meet again to get dressed. We were lucky to get a good spot on the balcony to watch the show.

Before we went to the balcony we had to wait until the band hit the stage. You could hear the crowd screaming and Mika was absolutly on a high, you see that he can´t wait to go on stage. He wish us much fun and say that we should rock the venue. :aah:

Until Happy Ending we watched the show from the balcony and after the death march from the steps on the stage. We only missed 2 ½ Songs where we get ready to go on stage.

The view from the balcony was fantastic, you can see the whole crowd going mad ,pushing, screaming and jumping. Mika loved this crazy bunch !

Dancing on stage for Lollipop was funny, because the stage was so small and I was afraid to end up in the crowd.

It was so hot inside and we all sweated so much. I think I drink more that 5 l water .

After we changed the clothes we were waiting for Mika. I was able to give my presents to some band members and Jimmy (he got something for breakfast) shows me new pictures from his cat. It´s so funny, he´s a typical cat owner. We are all a little bit special with our cats.

It was a short but a lovely M&G, he was in a good mood and very kind to everyone.

p1090406.jpg

Thx for the report and that shirtless piccie... holy f*** :mf_lustslow::swoon:

Sorry this comes a little late. I felt too broken yesterday to spend a lot of time on the computer. All my fault, I jumped like a lunatic. :mf_rosetinted: I translated the article that was in a newspaper called 'Nyt' (Now) on Friday. It comes as an enclosure with Helsingin Sanomat on Fridays. This is the interview Mika mentioned at the end of the concert. The other article next to it is about the concert arranger RL Entertainment.

c.jpg

Gig / Mika comes, is anyone ready? (The little text above the picture.)

It’s possible to get to dance with Mika.

Mika in Neverland

The pop star believes that (The) Circus will be crowded and he’s going to pick up his dancers from the queue.

“This is my first gig in Finland, and it’s about time. Even if it’s just a little gig”, says Mika aka Michael Penniman, 26, on the phone at Nancy Airport in France. He is on his way to perform at a Romanian beach festival.

“This is so weird – we come from a gig that holds 50 000 to a gig that holds 1000. But I’m getting used to it”, he gets excited – and is quite optimistic about the size of the audience of the Helsinki gig.

Mika is remembered by the hit song Grace Kelly, that has often been playing on the radio in Finland, too.

His debut album Life in Cartoon Motion visited the official chart of Finland on the 11th place, and it has sold over 5 million copies worldwide. His pop rock is exceptionally catchy, but for one reason or another Mika hasn’t become a star of any kind here.

Mika describes his gig as the last party of Mad Hatter from the book Alice in Wonderland.

“The show is like a weird, dark carnival, where all gloomy stories behind my cheerful feeling songs get revealed”, he advertises.

He tells that Love Today, for example, is about a middle-aged prostitute who isn’t getting any more gigs.

“Or We Are Golden, which is about me when I was 16 years old and realised that I would have to come up with a direction for my life or I will be driven to the brink of suicide.”

There is a big band that is included in the gig and also dancers. The latter are supposed to be picked from the gig queue.

Oh no. What if there will be nobody left in the audience? The queue may be shorter than you would think in the hot weather of mid-summer.

“They have already sold a lot of tickets to this gig. I wouldn’t come if they hadn’t”, Mika assures.

--------------------

How can anyone need assuring? :roftl: We proved them wrong, didn't we? :biggrin2: I'm pretty sure there will be a review in the same paper soon. I'll translate it for you, and I'm also writing my own review for my Finnish fan page in Finnish and English. :thumb_yello:

Edited by Marianne84

@Marianne: Thanks for translating the article! :thumb_yello:

@Nett-a: I was so happy you won the competition!! And it was a pleasure to meet all you girls from front row, thanks for making it fantastic gig :wub2:

I'm writing a small report now...

This gig (and the whole couple of days surrounding it) was just amazing :wub2::wub2::wub2: and an unbelievable experience. Thanks to everyone who made it that way, you know who you are :wink2:

I will post some vids later or tomorrow. I only took a few, but they are quite nice, I think. And I am gettign the feeling that the sound was much better at the back, which is weird, so for once I'm glad that I wasn't at the front :roftl:.