2010 - MIKA @ Foire aux Vins de Colmar - 15 August - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

Droopsy

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That he invites fans to come inside didn't happen that often. I think it was only once (?) before and is very special.

once before with champagne, from what i know, yes. but there were other m+gs with wristbands too, like in amsterdam westerpark and in oakland last october. :wink2:

thanx for all your reports, pix and videos! tina, your pix are fantastic! :fangurl: is that the new camera now, did you finally get it? :biggrin2:

so sorry for those who couldn't get in the m+g! :sad::boxed: was it just the german fans then, or how many with numbers / mfcers didn't get in? who was the one giving out the wristbands - fan, crew, local security? :blink:

@Liliana It´s a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 , not the newest one. But I was surprised that a few pictures has such a good quality .

I have a panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ8 :aah:.

I'm having some troubles with the camera, I don't know why I wasn't having good results, till Vigo, when I decided to shoot in Manual.

so sorry for those who couldn't get in the m+g! :sad::boxed: was it just the german fans then, or how many with numbers / mfcers didn't get in? who was the one giving out the wristbands - fan, crew, local security? :blink:

There were another two fans with numbers who didn't come in. So it was the german fans (5) and the other two. That's what I knew at least. The local security gave out the wristbands and unfortunately they handed them out to people without numbers. At the end there wasn't any left....so we were just too late! I think it was because of a bad communication between Mika's people and the security.

thanx for all your reports, pix and videos! tina, your pix are fantastic! :fangurl: is that the new camera now, did you finally get it? :biggrin2:

Thanks ! No, ít´s the old one .:wink2: and we were 7 Fans outside, 5 German and 2 French. But I think 100 People get it?

I have a panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ8 :aah:.

I'm having some troubles with the camera, I don't know why I wasn't having good results, till Vigo, when I decided to shoot in Manual.

I always tried different things, manual, falsh, without flash and Theatre Modus. But this time the pictures with flash, I think that the light was perfect and Mika in a good distace.

There were another two fans with numbers who didn't come in. So it was the german fans (5) and the other two. That's what I knew at least. The local security gave out the wristbands and unfortunately they handed them out to people without numbers. At the end there wasn't any left....so we were just too late! I think it was because of a bad communication between Mika's people and the security.

That is really bad!

I remembered how people got mad when that happened in Brixton!

:boxed:

I always tried different things, manual, falsh, without flash and Theatre Modus. But this time the pictures with flash, I think that the light was perfect and Mika in a good distace.

I had to try different things too, but in Vigo I decided to photograph in manual with flash, just to froze the action on the image. :thumb_yello:

Mariia and I apparently arrived too late coz we did miss the "number system" and so the meet and greet. So you can court me as French MFCer who did not make it. Anyway I'm glad for those who could and enjoyed this nice time with Mika and his musicians.

Thanks for sharing all the amazing pics you took!

There was a special door for the m&g with a girl in front of it giving wristbands to everyone who were asking for them. Mostly were fans but a lot of other people took their chance.

Someone told John what was happening and when the girl went inside he told her angrily that the wristbands were only for the fan-club. But it was too late, there weren't any left. :bash:

So unfair... :sad:

Really, he did that ? This is a good thing because she told me several times before to go outside that it was only for people with numbers on their hands and in the end, she did not gave a damn about it. I had something like 30 wristbands and only gave them to people with numbers, it's a shame that she did not respect "the rules". :sneaky2: I'm really sorry that some people were still outside and couldn't come ! I just had a couple wristbands left in my hands when Kate came to see me and told me that Fanny was outside with some others fans who had a number but no wristband. I gave them the last wristbands that I had :boxed:.

I've got to go but I'll post a review later ! :thumb_yello:

It was someone working at the venue. She asked someone who had a number to come with her, I was the first who was ready to go out and also went out to give them with her. Some random people were stuck to the MFC/MF/MWS group, this woman did not gave a damn about the numbers and that's how they got the wristbands :sneaky2:.

Edited by slavaniet

@Liliana It´s a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 , not the newest one. But I was surprised that a few pictures has such a good quality .

Definately! I have a DSLR camera and your pics are similar to how mine come out! Excellent buy! :wink2:

Hi there :biggrin2:

I'm finally recovering my spirits after the crazy night we've spent in Colmar yesterday (and the few hours I've slept actually :teehee:)

The thing about the M&G is that some people with number (inculding myself :teehee:) were already out of the venue when we've learned about the M&G... So, the time we came back to the entrance, a lot of people were already in for the M&G and only a few Wristbands were left for people from fanclubs, as the people from security first gave them to anybody without checking numbers :doh:

That's why some people (always including myself at first :aah:) found themself out without wristband and with no possible way to get in :blink:

Luckily, some people who were in (thank you lillibet, Mine, and everybody!! :wub2:) managed to find a few wristbands and brought them to us but there weren't enough for everybody....

It's such a shame it all happened like this... I'm really sorry for the ones who stayed outside :boxed:

I only have time now to go online, didn't have my laptop with me last night...

THANK YOU everyone for reports, pix & vids so far. Will work my way through them after I'm done with my report.

The gig was absolutely amazing! I am really happy I went there and could experience this amazing atmosphere :wub2:

The supporting act Pony pony run run were brilliant live and the crowd was already cheering and dancing like wild before Mika had even sung one note.

A great supporting act choice. Will definitely go and see them on their autumn tour!

Mika was on fire and very talkative - loved it! I also loved the baloons, our hawaii necklaces and our fluorescent make-up. Made the waiting and the gig itself so much more fun!

From the first note everyone was going crazy. I was really really enjoying myself at this gig. We were standing just in front of Jimma. I just love watching the two of them having fun on stage! :wub2:

Finally I got to see Mika playing "Kick ass" live. I guess I can tick that off my Mika-to-do-list now :wink2:

I absolutely loved the Relax-encore! Such a fabulous end to this party!

Mika was very talkative, for example, he asked to Cherisse to talk a little in French, soo funny and sweet!

He talked about his father (who was in the crowd), and was the first person he was seeing each time when he looked at the crowd

Oh yes, these were two great moments!

Cherisse:"Bonjour. Je m'appelle Cherisse." :thumb_yello:

There was another funny moment when someone threw a pink cuddly toy on stage (for his dog) - and Mika was like "It's horrible. My dog has got taste!" :naughty::

(Btw: lovely name he chose for his puppy :wub2:)

Mika and the band were brilliant! So was the crowd. I always love French Mika gigs because the French fans are all so Mika-crazy (in a positive way)! And after all my Mika-fangurl-career (ha! :roftl:) started when I was living in France, so hey...see the coherence?! :wink2:

But this gig was definitely on of the best Mika gigs I have seen so far. Was my 23rd Mika gig and this one has definitely made it in my top 3! :wub2:

Also, the crowd was sooo in fire that he asked if we were drunk or crazy and hoped it was the two at a time ^^ Foire aux vins is the explanation :naughty:

lol, yeah, probably. though I didn't really see so much wine in the exposition hall. Was really wondering why it is called Foire aux vins then...hehe

Thank you Mika, thank you the band, thank you John, thank you Mika-fans (loved Qing this time, although it was raining at times)

@Sabine: Sorry for annoying you with my little nervous breakdowns all the time :teehee::aah: But I just can't help worrying about too many things before I'm in a venue.

Edited by mariposa

now, as for the-m&g after the gig...

I can literally feel the MFC-love while reading this thread. Thank you everyone for your words :group_hug: Reminds me again why I love this community so much! :wub2:

well, of course we were a bit disappointed when we learnt that we missed out on a great organised m&g, but it was just a misunderstanding and I would also like to say THANK YOU to everyone trying to organise some more wrostbands for us! :huglove: Thank you Fanny and Lillibet and everybody else.

And thank you Elodie/slavaniet for explaining how the wristband-distribution went.

I mean, yeah, the security woman could have or should have handed out the wristbands more carefully and some people shouldn't have pretended to have a number, but well, that's how things go...

and we got a pic with John :wub2: We thanked him for his eternal generosity and kindness, John you're the best!

Someone told John what was happening and when the girl went inside he told her angrily that the wristbands were only for the fan-club. But it was too late, there weren't any left. :bash:

So unfair... :sad:

John :wub2:

btw, Axie. I already told you yesterday but it was a real pleasure to see you in Colmar yesterday. I bet your daughter had an unbelievable birthday experience.

And a big hug to Mariposa :huglove:, who gives the wristband to Sabine, because she would let us there outside and go inside at the only one. Your such a sweet person!!!

Am I?! devil003.gif

So I prefer not to overdiscuss that now, and instead to enjoy all of the lovely reports and pix posted from that M&G! Thank you so much for sharing (@Kate)!

Anybody took any vids?

I honestly can't believe how generous Mika and his team are. Doing such M&Gs with champagne and all is simply something which we can't appreciate enough. THANK YOU!

Can't wait to read more reports. Spill the beans girls (and boys)! :wink2:

Yes, we are waiting :biggrin2:!!!

just read on a French forum that Mika told some fans at the M&G that he will be back in Europe in 6 months.

I thought this might interest some of you :wink2::boing:

And this is an excellent video of OMS (by dede1708)

:wub2:

After 36 hours without sleep I came home at 1.00 pm and felt asleep until 6.00 pm. Then I had a terrible headache but now I´m able to write my little report.

First of all I want to say Thank You to Mariposa for letting me go to the M&G and Thank you to Lillibeth for giving me the chance to giv Mika my gift.

After 9 hours travelling I arrived the venue at 7.45 pm and got the number 34. I enjoyed the queueing very much even the weather should have been better but I found it so funny how Hasibobberle and Isabell fought with the gold foil. We had so much fun with the make up and I wouldn´t want to miss one minute. And @Mariposa you didn´t annoy me with your fears I shared them too but I tried to keep my mood up :wink2:.

About the show, It was my 6th show and I have to say this one was the best show I´ve been to until yet. The energy of the audience was beyond words, I had the feeling I got blown away even without Mika on stage.

Pony Pony Run Run were fantastic and the crowd was on fire when Mika came on stage. I loved every of his reaction to the audience, he was smiling a lot. The only problem for me was that I couldn´t understand what he was talking but I got some translations.

I really loved the end of Happy Ending, tears were running down my cheeks and I hope so much that anyone recorded it, it was so beautiful.

I felt a bit sorry for the fan who threw that pink donkey on stage an Mika said it was horrible, I think that fan must feel very bad now.

Everything else was already told I think. It was a wonderful show and I am so happy that I was there. I was so happy to meet all the people there.

@ Netina, I was looking for you and asked a lot of people if they had seen you. I´m sorry that I missed you.

Thanks for the brilliant pics everyone. I saw another video from Mika France I think. It looks like a really nice meet and greet - so relaxed. Did we pick the right pop star to support or what? :fangurl:

For the m&g, i am furious because there was no organisation , some people followed us and got a wristband and Mariposa and others not.

I went outside with Fanny, i had one wristband given kindly by a fan who was already inside and it "saved" Sabine.

so sorry for you girls...really.

Shame, there were problems at Brixton too so I know how frustrating it is.

I loved the pictures from the M&G, but when I see them it was like :crybaby:.

:huglove:

Some random people were stuck to the MFC/MF/MWS group, this woman did not gave a damn about the numbers and that's how they got the wristbands :sneaky2:.

:aah:

Great find! :thumb_yello:

Could somebody write down / translate what exactly he said? Actually I understood a bit :shocked: but still :blush-anim-cl: would be nice :flowers2:

here it is :biggrin2::

M: -"here is the truth: I wanted to fin a "Witch name"

Someone says: - "Alice"

M: - "No, Alice is not really a Witch name!!!

Someone: - "Salem"

M: - "exactely! I wanted something like this!! Then I choose an Arabic name, it's Melachi, M-E-L-A-C-H-I, which means "queen". But it's Melachi the witch!"

I love all the reports and pix.. oh also vids!!

Thank you all who shared the experience of the DAY!

Mika team looks soooooo generous to all his fan.

And Melachi... Well... It sounds adorable when he pronounces it!