New Signature Size Rules

Droopsy

I don't post images in my sig as I've never known how to do it. I usually just put voting links there to help peeps who want to vote for Mika. I hope mine will still be okay.

But I'm glad there's going to be a limit, as its so frustrating when you click onto a page and have to adjust the zoom, because someone has posted a big picture and widened the page so you can't read the text without zooming out.

Yours is 659 × 356, maybe centering the links or using a URL shortener will take down the size :thumb_yello:

i'm guessing mu siggie's too big as wel :no:??

well i've tried the firefox thing and i'm not sure, cause when i compare it with the example in first post (on view with own eyes however) it seems more or less the same size :dunno:

can, mayb, someone let me know if it's too big or not?

i'm guessing mu siggie's too big as wel :no:??

Well i've tried the firefox thing and i'm not sure, cause when i compare it with the example in first post (on view with own eyes however) it seems more or less the same size :dunno:

Can, mayb, someone let me know if it's too big or not?

485 × 307

should i change it then or can i keep it

cau's it 7 above 300 but its way under 600

:dunno:

can one of the mods clarify this??

Ilse, just change your font size of your text to a smaller one if you don't want to shrink the images. No explicit exceptions even if it's only 5 or so pixels more. Then we should do this for 10 pixels as well and for 15 and for ... 300px X 600 px is pretty big already. It should be enough.

Ilse, just change your font size of your text to a smaller one if you don't want to shrink the images. No explicit exceptions even if it's only 5 or so pixels more. Then we should do this for 10 pixels as well and for 15 and for ... 300px X 600 px is pretty big already. It should be enough.

i understand, just wanted to be sure, cause it's too hight but way from to wide, so i thought i'd ask just to be sure :wink2: i'll go change it right away :biggrin2:

i've changed the text

is t ok now, or still to big??

if to big, maybe i can try to get my Mika pic smaller (if it works, love it to much to get rid of it so i must find a way if it's still to big to get it smaller :teehee:)

484x315

huh? it's even bigger now that 've schrunken the text,

that's strange :blink2:

think i'll try and shrink my Mika pic but it'll have to wait untill tomorrow, too tired too concentrate on that now :aah:

thanks for helping me though :thumb_yello::)

huh? it's even bigger now that 've schrunken the text,

that's strange :blink2:

think i'll try and shrink my Mika pic but it'll have to wait untill tomorrow, too tired too concentrate on that now :aah:

thanks for helping me though :thumb_yello::)

I made this for you:

ilseh1983.jpg

It's 600 x 200 so you can add your own text underneath.

1. The total size of your signature can not exceed 600 pixels (width) X 300 pixels (height).
This includes text
!

How do I know the size of the text in my sig?

How do I know the size of the text in my sig?

The easiest way to see how big your signature in total is, is to take a screenshot/printscreen and copy it in an image edition program. Once you crop out your signature it will show how big it is.

If you don't have an image editor and have to compare, well if you can't tell whether the signature is smaller than the image in the first post just by looking, making it smaller anyways wouldn't be a bad idea :wink2:

Cool, am used to sigs being limited, was suprised here never did lol.. is there a limit on the size in kb? I'm used to sites having either 50kb or 100kb as limits to help with people who have slow loading internet?

Yes, for now we have 1.5 MB in size (gifs). We'll see eventually if this still causes problems for some members:thumb_yello:

The easiest way to see how big your signature in total is, is to take a screenshot/printscreen and copy it in an image edition program. Once you crop out your signature it will show how big it is.

If you don't have an image editor and have to compare, well if you can't tell whether the signature is smaller than the image in the first post just by looking, making it smaller anyways wouldn't be a bad idea :wink2:

Yeah I checked the pic but I didn't know how it works regarding the text :naughty: I tried the screenshot thing now and all is good :thumb_yello: Maybe even I should enlarge it a bit :roftl: I haven't changed it since.. forever :naughty:

I've changed my signature, I think it is a good idea because high pics can be a bit bothering, but I want to ask something, because my pic is wider than higher, can the signature be a bit wider than 600 pixels? I think until 800 pixels doesn't bother anybody. I know that probably it's not going to be possible but just in case!!:wink2:

Is this side for making it compatible with mobile phones or something like that?

I've changed my signature, I think it is a good idea because high pics can be a bit bothering, but I want to ask something, because my pic is wider than higher, can the signature be a bit wider than 600 pixels? I think until 800 pixels doesn't bother anybody. I know that probably it's not going to be possible but just in case!!:wink2:

Is this side for making it compatible with mobile phones or something like that?

Well, actually 600 px wide is the size that doesn't bother anyone normally so we're staying with that :thumb_yello: If you don't have a widescreen monitor/laptop etc. the signature breaks up and the images will be placed vertically instead of horizontally => thus resulting in high signatures for those people.

2 pics is too little... :sneaky2: its really annoying!

...was it always 2 pics? :aah:

Take a look at my siggie... technically I have 5 pics in my siggie, but what I did was opened an image editing program, put the pictures into a 600x300 box and saved it as one image... easy! It's all a matter of being inventive :wink2:...

I think it was only 2 pics for a while...

Well, actually 600 px wide is the size that doesn't bother anyone normally so we're staying with that :thumb_yello: If you don't have a widescreen monitor/laptop etc. the signature breaks up and the images will be placed vertically instead of horizontally => thus resulting in high signatures for those people.

Ok :thumb_yello: I understand