New Signature Size Rules

Droopsy

Does it matter if the signature is vertical or horizontal?

If you mean: 600px high X 300 px wide, that's not allowed. But direction doesn't matter as long as it's below 300 px in height:thumb_yello:

I'm sure you discussed a lot about it, but some thoughts of me, too. I'm talking with my own personal view and what problems I have with signatures and what problems I don't have.

First of all I like the restrictions. In all the other forums I'm writing are restrictions and I think they are quite useful. I doesn't make sense, if nearly the whole page consists of signature and you can "forget" the posts itself im comparison to them.

Very useful is the horizontal restriction. It's annoying when the forum gets streched wider than your browser-window and then you have to scroll every line you read. It never happens with signature for me yet, but sometimes it happens with pitures in posts. So I like that.

Not so much important for me is the vertical size, if it's not really big. I'm scrolling while reading anyway, and if I'm scrolling a little bit more or less doesn't make a difference for me.

What is most important for me, much more than the vertical and horizontal size, is the file-size.

Cool, am used to sigs being limited, was suprised here never did lol.. is there a limit on the size in kb? I'm used to sites having either 50kb or 100kb as limits to help with people who have slow loading internet?

I have really problems with the GIFs. If it's one or two users on a page with a GIF, than it's okay, but meanwhile a lot of users have GIFs. So it happens sometimes, that a site needs for ages to load. Mostly I stop loading if there are too much "GIF-Users" on a page, but sometimes it isn't possible, as I want to see picutures for example, that I would stop loading, too.

On one page are 12 posts - in the "worst case" (12 different users, all with GIF), that would be 18 MB. That's pretty much. Around 6 min loading time for me with 384kbit-DSL.

If there are only a few users with a slower connection, than the 1,5MB-restriction is okay, although for me more restriction would me better. Majority is more important than minority and I wouldn't be fair, if all the others would be restricted because of "3 slow people".

Could you see the connection-speed of the users somewhere?

The easiest way to see how big your signature in total is, is to take a screenshot/printscreen and copy it in an image edition program. Once you crop out your signature it will show how big it is.

I get numbers that can't be true with that method:

If I make a screenshot, than Irfan View tells me, my signature is 516 x 402 px:

MForum_Sig1.jpg

(The same numbers with Paint, so I don't think it's a "picture-editor-problem")

Put this can't be right, it has be bigger. If I look at the properties of only the picture without the text, the picture is 510 x 280.

MForum_Sig2.jpg

Awww, no more Mini Mikas :emot-sad:

Hmmmm, if I ask Kev nicely perhaps he'll re-jig it for me :wub2:

We all l:mf_lustslow:ve your siggie! I'm sure it can be made smaller so you can keep it!:) Can't help for that matter though! I don't even know how to shrink my own "novel"! :lmfao:

i love your signature :mf_rosetinted:

i remember first time i saw it was like:

:fangurl:

......wait..... :blink:.............:shocked:..........:boxed:.........

MIKA HAS A PLASTIC FORK IN HIS POCKET!!!!! :aah::aah:

OMG i've never noticed that before!!! :lmfao:

OMG i've never noticed that before!!! :lmfao:

:lmfao:

How do you see all those things?!

I never noticed! :aah:

Don't worry, I didn't notice until someone on here told me either :naughty:

:aah::roftl:

I had that with the little bear I gave him wich appeared in het WAG-video ...

At some point someone was like: did you see your gift in the video?

And I was like: no, did you?

And she said yes and I said I didn't believe her :aah:

Poor girl :roftl:

:aah::roftl:

I had that with the little bear I gave him wich appeared in het WAG-video ...

At some point someone was like: did you see your gift in the video?

And I was like: no, did you?

And she said yes and I said I didn't believe her :aah:

Poor girl :roftl:

That's awesome though that it ended up in the vid :wub2: Not just some plastic cutlery in his pocket :lmfao:

That's awesome though that it ended up in the vid :wub2: Not just some plastic cutlery in his pocket :lmfao:

:blush-anim-cl: Yeah, it's not really the same kinda thing .. But I just wanted to point out that you just don't see certain things, even if they're right in front of you .. And that it's really funny when other people do see something "special" on your pic or so .. :aah:

Is my siggie ok now? I feel so shrunk :blink: and dull :shocked:

I'd love to be able to brighten it up a little with colored words but I'm so bad at that tech stuff...can someone help me, please?

It's a good size now but you can change the fonts if you want to make it look brighter.

When you're in the section to edit your signature, you can change the colour of a word (or words) by highlighting the words with your mouse. Then pick a colour using the colour picker - It's the A above the box where you write the text. You can also change the size and fonts this way too using the "Fonts" and "Sizes" drop down boxes beside the A.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense to you and I'll show you some screen captures to walk you through it.