kath

MFC 5th Anniversary - January 2012

2,531 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On Saturday 7th Jan anyone who wants to follow the party can log on here

LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS CAN BE TAKEN UNTIL 3 30pm (UK time) on TUESDAY 3rd JAN:Update::partytime2:annpostersmall.jpg Thanks to Ingie for poster design.:biggrin2:The MFC 5th Anniversary party/MFC convention will take place at The Thistle Barbican, London http://www.thistle.com/city-Barbican on Saturday 7th January 2012. 2pm - 5:00pm Afternoon event 2pm – Welcome. This will be a chance to settle in, chat with other members, watch Mika videos and have a look around. 2:30 – Mika quiz, this will be done in teams. Don’t worry if you don’t know many people, we will make sure that everyone is in a team. Prize to the winning team.:biggrin2:3:30 – Judging of the fancy dress competition. (Mika themed fancy dress is optional) Prize for the winner. Followed by Mika Bingo – prize for the winner. Another chance to chat and watch videos. 4:00 – MFC Anniversary cake and cupcakes. 4:15 – Alex Bampton, a very talented young artist and himself an MFCer will entertain us with Mika covers.
5pm - End of afternoon event. 7:00pm - midnight - The meal/party. The evening event will be ticketed and your ticket will have to be shown on arrival. However - please don't panic if you forget it - we know who has bought tickets and who we have sent them to.:thumb_yello: Tickets numbers will then go into a free prize draw. Following the meal there will be a disco with DJ. The auction in aid of HEMS (london air ambulance) will be held during the evening. We announced a while ago that we would be holding a special draw for an item donated by Mika. Unfortunately we haven't had details of the item and so therefore have been unable to make any progress on this. We will of course do our best to get this arranged as soon as we hear anything but time is disappearing. :shocked: Items to be auctioned include: A specially commissioned Oil painting of Mika. This has been painted by MFC member Jojotje. It is 50 cm by 60 cm. Reserve price £100 Two specialy commissioned MFC anniversary T shirts handpainted by MFCer Andy Ferrari. I will include Andy's description - 'They are hand-drawn and handpainted cotton t-shirts, made mostly with Maimeri acrylic paints with a bit of fabric paint (and of course, a touch of glitter), and drawings were outlined with black permanent markers. The composition is based and interpreted from Mika and Da Wack's original artworks, and portrays a group of various characters from the two albums gathered around a 4 layer cake, with a feathered top-hat on top. Each layer portrays a period of time(LICM, TBWNTM, SfS and Imaginarium tour). You can see Mika arriving from the top right corner on a line of planets. It finishes on the bottom, top, and sides with the GK wheel, a colorful pagoda umbrella with a MFC sign, some cover artwork from LICM and ballons.' Impressive eh? Reserve price £30 A Korean edition mag/CD Kindly donated by Lamay Kang A LuvLuvMi Tofu doll An A3-size black and white graphite pencil portrait of Mika drawn for us by STEP. Reserve price £70 original draft MFC birthday project t shirt kindly donated by Rose. Reserve price £10 A pair of Converse, originally owned by Mika and personalised by him. Reserve price £75 (Please note - this is not the item previously mentioned as being especially donated by Mika for this auction. These shoes were part of a previous charity auction and have been kindly donated to us to auction again. The letter of authenticity will be with the shoes.) There will be others items offered on the night. Please see below for pictures of The painting/ The T shirts/ The pencil Portrait and The Converse. If anyone would like to get involved in the auction but won't be there on the night please PM me to make arrangements. Auction thread here http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26550 Payment for auction items. If you intend to bid on the night - either in person or by previous arrangement, please ensure that you have the means to pay for any item that you win. You can either pay in cash (Sterling) or pay online direct to the MFC page on the HEMS website. You won't be able to take your item away until you have paid for it. The events will be held in a conference suite in the hotel and will be private events with no public access. Drinks will not be included in the price and will be available for purchase. Usual rules apply regarding showing ID to purchase, and consume, alcohol. (Must be 18 or over) The cost for the event is: The full event (Afternoon event/Meal/Disco) £36 Disco only (no meal) £10 Under 18's (members) are welcome to the full event. However, if any under 18's don't want/are not allowed to attend in the evening they can come to the afternoon event for a charge of £5. (If anyone has parents/guardians who have questions they are very welcome to PM/email me). If you are looking for accomodation please visit the accomodation thread : http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25874 Attending Kath Silver Abby DCDeb Tiibet Ilseh 1983 Laurel+1 Buttonslovesu Treasa Eloise Shaw AmandaOrchid RAK1 Sabine64 Soaring Simpson Suci +1 Vickylovesmika ayana62 Minnie marian538 musicstarlett bkxx +1 Meggy Jointhechase Emmy333 Mellody+1 Iliveforglitter (Convention only) Jazzy Astor Hasibobberle Graciosa Jojotje +1 Maaikie Statue of Liberty daeni28 Alexbampton+3Cassilda +1 Navah

post-640-142983696696_thumb.jpg

post-640-1429836967_thumb.jpg

post-640-142983696701_thumb.jpg

post-640-142983696708_thumb.jpg

Edited by kath

bump-a-dee-bump! :biggrin2:

i love your idea of local meetups & joining via skype :biggrin2::wub2:

Well Kath, as you know I'm in...

Either way I'll see if the Aussies are interested in having a get together on the same weekend...

WOW !!! It's fabulous plan!!!

i'm in~~

how about mika WAG korea magazine edition? for prize:wink2:

and i want to go to there~~

Now.....I will just want to share one idea that I had been exploring just to get the ball rolling. As I say - we are very much open to suggestion so this is just one idea. It may be that we hired a function room in a hotel if we thought that was the best idea. We could look at party boats - although that might not be the best idea in January . However...just to throw this into the mix....

I looked into holding an event at The Hard Rock Cafe on Park Lane, London. It is possible to hire either their ground floor or lower ground floor for exclusive use. The price would include a DJ, food and house drinks (beer/wine/soft drinks). Each floor has it's own entrance and cloakrooms. The price for this is £10,000. IF we could get 200 people that would be £50 each. I know that is a lot of money. However, when you consider what you spend on a night out including drinks it does add up and this would be all inclusive. However, we would need to get 200 people which is probably be unlikely. But I think it would be brilliant if we could. Just imagine....our own private party at The Hard Rock Cafe! But I think I am probably going off on a flight of fantasy!

When we were at Planet Hollywood the other day I enquired about what their private facilities were. However, they have moved premesis and their James Bond room isn't half as impressive as the other one was in the old place. But it's an option.

There are many, many other places.

This was supposed to be in the first post but I got my knickers in a complete knot regarding the costings and Guy had to sort me out :roftl:

Anyway, just an idea.

Thanks Guy :thumb_yello: However, it wasn't my idea :blush-anim-cl: I do believe it is the lovely Blue Sky that we have to thank for that :wub2:

Either way I'll see if the Aussies are interested in having a get together on the same weekend...

Great! :biggrin2:

WOW !!! It's fabulous plan!!!

i'm in~~

how about mika WAG korea magazine edition? for prize:wink2:

and i want to go to there~~

Really good idea! :biggrin2:

I will start the lists of interested people tonight.

I AM interested, and it's the only thing I can say by now :biggrin2:

thanks kath, it's a brilliant idea :wub2:

I think this is a lovely idea :wub2: Would be fantastic to meet as a big group of fans. And if planning starts early it could be possible. Thanks, Kath! :thumb_yello:

I am interested.:wub2:

I love the idea:thumb_yello:

Like Robi, that is the only thing I can say for now. The seed is planted in my head and it will grow slowly.

Put me on the list please Kath!

yeah,I agree and I really think it´s a good idea to organize things that early,so people have time to prepare!! thanks!!

It's so funny, i began a thread on the MWS about the 4 last years ( what's going on for us, etc..)and made a suggestion: RDV on a bateau-mouche( a boat on the Seine at Paris) in 2017 for the 10e birthday of the MWS!!!

Kath : brilliant idea , we have all the time to think about it, i am ok.:thumb_yello:

Now.....I will just want to share one idea that I had been exploring just to get the ball rolling. As I say - we are very much open to suggestion so this is just one idea. It may be that we hired a function room in a hotel if we thought that was the best idea. We could look at party boats - although that might not be the best idea in January . However...just to throw this into the mix....

I looked into holding an event at The Hard Rock Cafe on Park Lane, London. It is possible to hire either their ground floor or lower ground floor for exclusive use. The price would include a DJ, food and house drinks (beer/wine/soft drinks). Each floor has it's own entrance and cloakrooms. The price for this is £10,000. IF we could get 200 people that would be £50 each. I know that is a lot of money. However, when you consider what you spend on a night out including drinks it does add up and this would be all inclusive. However, we would need to get 200 people which is probably be unlikely. But I think it would be brilliant if we could. Just imagine....our own private party at The Hard Rock Cafe! But I think I am probably going off on a flight of fantasy!

When we were at Planet Hollywood the other day I enquired about what their private facilities were. However, they have moved premesis and their James Bond room isn't half as impressive as the other one was in the old place. But it's an option.

This was supposed to be in the first post but I got my knickers in a complete knot regarding the costings and Guy had to sort me out :roftl:

Anyway, just an idea.

Definitely worth looking into Kath... Do you know what the prices are for a function room and what it comes with?

There's doubt to doubt? Noooooooooo f... way! :yay:

Let's start the party!:naughty::wub2:

Yeah, synchronized local meet-ups seems nice as well. So half of me stays in Portugal the other half goes to London :naughty: Skype I tolly recommend.

Always the competition eheheeheh:biggrin2: :thumb_yello:

Anyway, just an idea.

A great idea but can we replace the DJ by Mika himself? I think it would be a real possibility, specially because one of His resolutions for this year was, be kind not nice :roftl:

I think it would be the best gift to celebrate 5 years of existence of this community, so unique like a family, our family, Mika's family.

Count me in, but as it's so early yet, maybe just for a Portugal meeting and connecting via skype or something...

As you know, Kath, I'm interested for sure...

if I can't make it to the UK in January, maybe we

can do something locally... or regionally. :thumb_yello:

The local meet-ups was Blue Sky's idea, yes! I think it's a great one, too!

I was thinking of the Skype thing, though -- or something else. There's

a thing called uStream -- you can actually stream video using your

phone. We could maybe do something like that for the folks

here on the MFC, at least for a minute or two.

http://www.ustream.tv/

I'm sure there are other similar things, just have to brush up on my

tech skills. :naughty:

It's so funny, i began a thread on the MWS about the 4 last years ( what's going on for us, etc..)and made a suggestion: RDV on a bateau-mouche( a boat on the Seine at Paris) in 2017 for the 10e birthday of the MWS!!!

Kath : brilliant idea , we have all the time to think about it, i am ok.:thumb_yello:

Ah, love the bateaux-mouche! :wub2:

The Thames river boats would be fun... But maybe not in January,

as Kath said. :wink2: Somewhere in front of a roaring fire might be

wiser!

Thanks Kath! Sorry I didn't reply to your message, but just so you know, I think the idea is amazing! :thumb_yello:

Count me in, but as it's so early yet, maybe just for a Portugal meeting and connecting via skype or something...

I was thinking the same, we need to talk, missy! :wink2:

Thanks Kath! Sorry I didn't reply to your message, but just so you know, I think the idea is amazing! :thumb_yello:

I was thinking the same, we need to talk, missy! :wink2:

Good point! :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I'm interested of course but it's a long time to Jan 2012!

A local meeting is out of the question as it would be a bit lonely:naughty:but a trip to London is never wrong.:kachinga:

I know the plan is January because that was when it all started, but when we had the Christmas party in December it was really cold. I haven't felt as cold in the middle of the winter in Sweden!:boxed: It was horrible!

How cold is it in January?:blink:

200 people... weren't some enthusiastic fans planning a Mika convention a couple of years ago?

Maybe it's time to dig up those ideas again, if there was any.:wink2: What I mean is that it would be fun to make this celebration as Mika related as possible.

Posted (edited)

A very good idea to come together in London for the 5th anniversary, I'll try my best to join this party!

Hardrock-Cafe is never a bad idea, but if I can give my thoughts here I prefer a location little bit more "british" as I'll come from outer-Britain and I'm really hungry for all which look like "british" :biggrin2:. And perhaps others from countries all over Europe or farther away will come, too and feel the same?

So please set me to your list, Kath and I also look for further ideas -- we have really much time for planning.

Edited by faballa

I don't think I can make it to London the first week of a new year but maybe we can do something in eastern Canada. Not the best time for travelling here but we'll see. :aah:

I was thinking of the Skype thing, though -- or something else. There's

a thing called uStream -- you can actually stream video using your

phone. We could maybe do something like that for the folks

here on the MFC, at least for a minute or two.

http://www.ustream.tv/

Someone told me that Google has just launched this as well. I haven't investigated though.