kath

MFC 5th Anniversary - January 2012

2,531 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What a lot of enthusiam!! Great :huglove:

I started MQing but decided that it was going to get a bit long. I will start the lists now - or in fact I think I will just do one for 'interested' in general terms rather than try to split it at this point as some people won't know yet if they will be able to get to London or not. Do please let me know if I have added you and you didn't want adding or if I have ommited you...I may have misunderstood your post. Please bear with me :biggrin2:

Lillibet I love your ideas! I agree with Deb that the river boat probably isn't a good idea for January but please may I put my name on your list for the 10th anniversary? :roftl:

Yes....to those that say it is early...it is indeed but as others have pointed out - for some this is good as they need a lot of notice.:thumb_yello: We don't need a commitment yet.

Sienna - yes, there was indeed talk of a convention wasn't there. It would be great if we could incorporate some of these ideas but it will depend on venue. Speaking of which - Tegan, I haven't looked into function rooms yet but this may indeed be an option and would open up the possibilities of what we were able to do. :thumb_yello:

Faballa, I take your point about a 'British' venue. I can't speak for other UKers of course but for myself I think that I have become so used to Britain having such a rich variety of cusines available that I don't tend to think of restaurants in terms of being British or not.

And just to break my self imposed rule of not MQing......

'A great idea but can we replace the DJ by Mika himself? I think it would be a real possibility, specially because one of His resolutions for this year was, be kind not nice :roftl:

I think it would be the best gift to celebrate 5 years of existence of this community, so unique like a family, our family, Mika's family.'

I think we should tackle this one early on :thumb_yello:

It is a question that is always raised whenever we arrange an MFC gathering. (quite naturally of course as this IS the Mikafanclub. :thumb_yello:) You can rest assured that Mika will be aware of this event. Fans ALWAYS find ways of informing him :wink2: Whether he chooses to have any involvement at all in any way is entirely up to him.

I can assure you that if we were talking about an event that Mika was attending we would be looking at an entirely different scenario :blink:

When we were organising the MFC Christmas party in 2008 people were constantly asking 'will Mika be there?' The answer then, as now, was no and PLEASE don't anybody make the decision to travel to London in the hope that he will be.:shocked:

Edited by kath

i am not hoping Mika could play the DJ at all!

Kath , you're welcome on the Bateau Mouche, we 'll try to make it in June for example!!!!:thumb_yello:

i am not hoping Mika could play the DJ at all!

Kath , you're welcome on the Bateau Mouche, we 'll try to make it in June for example!!!!:thumb_yello:

:roftl: That's ok then Lillibet :biggrin2:

Wahoo..............I'm there ! :wub2::biggrin2:

Count me in, I'll start putting money aside:thumb_yello:

Just one question, what if Mika decides to do a tour at that time, and has dates on here that weekend?

I know it's a longshot, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Count me in, I'll start putting money aside:thumb_yello:

Just one question, what if Mika decides to do a tour at that time, and has dates on here that weekend?

I know it's a longshot, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

He has been warned :wink2::naughty:

He has been warned :wink2::naughty:

Did you threaten him with a rolling pin?:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Probably just the frying pan:naughty:

He knows better than to cross me :wink2:

No, seriously...although I know that we hope that by that time he will be touring the new album I find it highly unlikely that he would be doing gigs that early in Jan. As well as being as close to the anniversary date as possible it was one of the reasons for picking this particular weekend.

But pigeons have been dispached with warnings :wink2:

He knows better than to cross me :wink2:

No, seriously...although I know that we hope that by that time he will be touring the new album I find it highly unlikely that he would be doing gigs that early in Jan. As well as being as close to the anniversary date as possible it was one of the reasons for picking this particular weekend.

But pigeons have been dispached with warnings :wink2:

Goodo:thumb_yello:

I'm definitely in, Kath! I was already planning to go to London ASAP (which means "when I have enough money"!) :aah:

BTW, if Mika doesn't want to join us, that's HIS problem. HE will lose THE party! :shun:

:roftl:

I'm definitely in, Kath! I was already planning to go to London ASAP (which means "when I have enough money!) :aah:

BTW, if Mika doesn't want to join us, that's HIS problem. HE will lose THE party! :shun:

We don't need him to party, we party hard, I don't think he could keep up:wink2:

:naughty:

I'm definitely in, Kath! I was already planning to go to London ASAP (which means "when I have enough money"!) :aah:

Great - I had added you :thumb_yello:

We don't need him to party, we party hard, I don't think he could keep up:wink2:

Indeed :naughty:

I´m really interested and I think it could be possible to travel at that time. Please add me to the list. :thumb_yello:

I´m really interested and I think it could be possible to travel at that time. Please add me to the list. :thumb_yello:

Will do :thumb_yello:

Indeed :naughty:

Of course we don't need him, I'm just kidding :biggrin2: But it wouldn't be a bad idea... :fisch: CAN YOU HEAR ME, BOSS? :aah:

Of course we don't need him, I'm just kidding :biggrin2: But it wouldn't be a bad idea... :fisch: CAN YOU HEAR ME, BOSS? :aah:

We will have a brilliant time I am sure............I can't wait :naughty:

I have just noticed that the smilies that I had put in the first post had disappered :blink:

I have prettied it up a bit :thumb_yello:

I have just noticed that the smilies that I had put in the first post had disappered :blink:

I have prettied it up a bit :thumb_yello:

Please add me to the list. I'll start saving now.

Did you threaten him with a rolling pin?:roftl:

:lmfao:

Not quite. But Team Mika has been notified -- not that January 2012 is

even on their calendar as yet! I would just hope that if Mika does

decide to get busy around that time, that we would have some notice.

Of some kind. Maybe. :thumb_yello:

will there be an australian meet up or something? i'd love to join in :D

I think Teegs is looking into that:wink2:

I´ll try to be there and there are many spaniards who think the same... do they need to subscribe here now??