The Looking For Something Thread - Part II!

Welcome to Part II of the ultimate Mika information thread! :biggrin2:

If you're looking for something at all MIKA or MFC related, you can come here and ask. Any pictures, videos, interviews in the News section where it takes too long to search through our many pages, or you're just being lazy, or the search option isn't being too accurate, or you want to talk to a real person...

Siu was the last person to post looking for something in part I, so I'm copying her question below:

I am fully aware that we are over quota in this thread, but it seems to be a mod-free day :teehee: and I don't want to start a new thread without the old one been closed before so here I go:

We have this nice interview from 2007

[YOUTUBE]lL2BbytQ2Vs[/YOUTUBE]

which has a translation here http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=655723&postcount=10, BUT it ends at about minute 4. Is there a continuation to the translation. I've searched, but can't find.

I understand most of it, but all the jokes are lost for me as are all the witty comments from Mr Pas Terrible :naughty:.

Thanks in advance!

Can any French speakers help? :flowers2:

• Like 1

Welcome to Part II of the ultimate Mika information thread! :biggrin2:

If you're looking for something at all MIKA or MFC related, you can come here and ask. Any pictures, videos, interviews in the News section where it takes too long to search through our many pages, or you're just being lazy, or the search option isn't being too accurate, or you want to talk to a real person...

Siu was the last person to post looking for something in part I, so I'm copying her question below:

Can any French speakers help? :flowers2:

So I guess I'm the first one to help someone in this new thread :biggrin2:

I did the bit starting at 4.52 and finishing at 8.13, I hope it's ok :wink2:

Ruquier -Steevy is a complete fan of yours, I think.

Steevy - It suits me well. There is no word, it's almost genius. Listen, I discovered you erm.. yesterday (they all laugh) and I'm a fan, it's incredible. It happened so fast, and you are cute, you have everything

Ruquier - Be careful, he's hitting on you

Steevy - I'm not!

Ruquier - Well, he's alone in Paris...

Steevy - I am too, and nobody bothers me. Just one thing : I'm very impressed by the melodies. It stays in your mind. My favourite song is n°6 'Any Other World', I find it incredible, it's a magnificent song. Everything is good, in the album, there is nothing that is not good, it's just pure joy, now I will be doing my gym with this on. I've found a replacement to Madonna!

Ruquier - Pierre, this is not really your cup of tea.

Pierre B - It's not my cup of tea but I really liked it because, just like other people said better than me, all the music notes are there, and there is joy..

Ruquier - (laughing) All the notes are there!

Pierre B - It's true that I really really like it, it's happy, it's fun..

Ruquier - I don't understand, on my sheet, I see that it's written 'Not terrible' next to your name Pierre

Pierre - No, what? What did I say was 'not terrible'?

Ruquier - (talking to Mika) I have to explain, look, Steevy 'Top of the tops' is what he wrote, which is what he has just said. Annie Lemoine wrote 'I love it', that's what she's just said. Philippe Geluck 'Super', Caroline Diamant 'Great'... Pierre Benichou 'Not terrible'.. (People boo) You're afraid of him aren't you?

Pierre B - You asked me what my opinion was on Shalabi. I said he's not terrible. You ask me confidentially what I think of Shalabi, you're now saying this is what I think about Mika, and moreover you denounce me! I'm happy I didn't know you during the Occupation. (They laugh)

Ruquier - Isabelle Alonso wrote 'Oh yes, this man is incredible'.

Isabelle - Pierre thinks that you look like David by Michel Angelo, well I can say you look a lot like my nephews. I want to say that you embody grace and talent. Grace because of what you're like physically and talent because of what you do. So just go on this way, well done, a star is born, we don't see a real artist emerge everyday, in short, I really love it.

• Like 1

Camille, you weren't the only one :lmfao:

Sui, you got two translations :floor:

Now that I've found my way back here , here's my long translation :wink2:

Laurent Ruquier says :"Stevie: (guy with the blue tshirt) is a fan of yours I believe."

Stevie says 'There's no word to describe your album, it's pure genius, I've heard it fir the first time yesterday and I'm already addicted. And so fast!What's more you are cute ; he has everything.

Laurent Ruquier: He's flirting with you.

Stevie: I just think he's fantastic

Laurent Ruquier ; Yes, and he's alone in Paris. (laughts)

Stevie :Me too! The musics are so catchy. my fav is"In any other world"which is totally gorgeous; there isn't anything that's not good in that album.

The melodies are so filled with happiness.

Your sound is better than Madonna's.

Laurent Ruquier to Pierre Benichou 'This is not your cup of tea is it?"

Benichou (man with the grey suit)

"Well, I love it, I don't know well how to speak of music but it's got all the right notes (laughts) but it's packed with joy

It's fun, it's happy!"

Laurent Ruquier tells him he is lying because he wrote a different thing on the paper and he shows the paper all have written on before the show.

They have written:

"Top , I love, super, genius, and you "not that good"

That's because he's tall and you're afraid

Benichou:

You asked me what I thought about Shalabi (someone else) and you lie to everyone? Good thing I didn't know you during the war.

(laughs)

Laurent Ruquier to Mika : Isabelle Alonso says you are an incredible guy

Isabelle Alonzo to Mika :Pierre says you look like Michel Angelo's David, you remind of of my beloved nephews

Pierre Benichou : This is an aunt talking to you(laughs)

Laurent Ruquier 'Huey, Dewey and Mika"

Isabelle Alonzo to Mika "You enbody grace and gift because you are beautiful and because of what you do. Congratulations! A star is born. Go on like this. We don't see a true artist everyday, you have bewitched me."

Laurent Ruquier " You will be in Lyon on the 12th. Do you know how many albums you have sold in England?"

Mika 'A lot, it seems. last night i was told we had a platinium"

Enters Bonaldi (A guy who explains new trends in the show)

Benichou says "Mika, you wanted to become a star, now you have to cope with Bonaldi.

Bonaldi asks Mika if he knows about the bar codes, then he talks about the tags and how you can use them in daily life (for exemple to enter someone's name, address and phone number into your mobile phone)

Then Bonaldi shows a microwave oven and Laurent Ruquier makes a joke asking if the microwave is made of metal and Bonaldi says yes and he says because Mika is strong (fort in French) so the joke is formica (which is the same word in English)

Then Bonaldi tries to cook something in the microwave oven and the microwave oven reads the tag and cooks by itself.

Then Bonaldi shows a kilt with a tag and says if you like the person who wears it all you have to do is scan the tag and you can learn more about the person you're interested in , their address, internet site...whatever the person has agreed to share.

Laurent Ruquier says "sometimes the phone is wireless", meaning phonetically "you get screwed by the phone" (sorry it is very rude, but I'm translating *red*)

Benichou asks Bonaldi if the food is cooked and they all say good bye to Bonaldi.

Then Laurent Ruquier says to Mika

"You know we have a rule in this show when we have an international star coming here, and you are now an international star even if you speak English and we've had Lionel Richie, Paolo Nuttino ( you must know him), Will Smith"

When Laurent Ruquier says "Will Smith" with his huge French accent, Mika doesn't understand at first then he corrects him and makes fun of the way he says it.

Then Laurent Ruquier asks Mika how he should pronouce Will Smith and Mika tells him he says it perfectlly well but he's kidding. So he makes him repeat Will Smith and Laurent Ruquier repeats it.

Then Laurent Ruquier says they also had Moby as a guest in their show, but he makes a mistake and says Bobby instead, then one of the ladies says they had also Fred Mercury and he says: We asked all those stars if they knew a little French song and could sing for the French audience , a chorus will do, just so we hear the sound of your voice singing...I can tell you Lionel Richie sang "Alouette, gentille alouette" and Mika starts singing it then Laurent Ruquier asks Mika to sing something else as everyone sings that.

Benichou says to Mika "As you speak French, maybe you could sing some Gainsbourg song?" and Mika sings a Françoise Hardy song instead "Tous les garçons et les filles de mon âge", and Mika sings well but gets a bit mixed up in the lyrics and Philippe Géluck says "and the thing in the whatever"

Laurent Ruquier concludes saying that Françoise hardy seems to be the British 's favprite French singer and Mika says yes and that he likes Joe Dassin , but it sounds like "Je Dessin" "I drawing" so they start with the Will Smith joke all over again.

Then Laurent Ruquier and Mika sing "Aux champs Elysées" together in French and at some point the lyrics mean "I felt like saying hi to anyone" and Mika sings Will Smith instead of anyone, so it goes like "i felt like saying hi to Will Smith"and Laurent Ruquier is cracked up!

Then they go on with the song and when it comes to the word "apprivoisé" (tame) , Mika doesn't say it perfectly right and Laurent Ruquier says "ok, we'll start with taming" and they smile.

Edited by crazyaboutmika

It was a pleasure to dive back into this great interview Siu :wub2:

I remember watching it live...not so long ago...and loving it :wub2: and I still do :wink2:

I hadn't seen it before, but luckily Eriko posted a link to it with the snaps she made :thumb_yello:. He's so young there :wub2:

• Like 1

can somebody tell me where is this quote from?

"Instead of apologizing for who I am, in every way, I'm gonna accentuate it and magnify it a hundread times and if you dont like it get out cuz I'm not gonna change"

thank you :pinkbow:

"Instead of apologizing for who I am, in every way, I'm gonna accentuate it and magnify it a hundread times and if you dont like it get out cuz I'm not gonna change"

hmmm :teehee: good question.... i have a feeling he said it more than once though :blush-anim-cl:

and if you ask to louiza??? (that's her sig btw) maybe she can answer you :teehee::teehee::teehee:

hmmm :teehee: good question.... i have a feeling he said it more than once though :blush-anim-cl:

ok, thank you anyway :original:

and if you ask to louiza??? (that's her sig btw) maybe she can answer you :teehee::teehee::teehee:

I will, thank you, honey :huglove:

Oh, I know the interview by heart :wub2:. It's this one, quite at the end of it

[YOUTUBE]523lBa7fbpk[/YOUTUBE]

Where does this come from???

''The sleepwalking problem was pretty serious. It coincided with my Nostradamus obsession. I was convinced we were all going to die in some kind of gas-mask, rubbish-bag-wearing world in some concrete palace. I was once found by garbage men in Paris. I was taken home in a dustcart.''

• Like 1

Where does this come from???

''The sleepwalking problem was pretty serious. It coincided with my Nostradamus obsession. I was convinced we were all going to die in some kind of gas-mask, rubbish-bag-wearing world in some concrete palace. I was once found by garbage men in Paris. I was taken home in a dustcart.''

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article6923790.ece :thumb_yello:

• Like 1