The Looking For Something Thread - Part II!

Hi there !

:bow: I'm looking for the translation in English of this SPANISH INTERVIEW anyone have it ?

I read it by Google translator... but it's too weird to understand.:blink:

Spanish Interview

Thanks lot for linking my spanish friend @LadyMeeks :flowers2:

DTLUX.com

http://www.dtlux.com/mundolux/nombrespropios/articulo/el-maestro-del-pop

ver galeríaEl maestro del pop

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 1

Hi there !

:bow: I'm looking for the translation in English of this SPANISH INTERVIEW anyone have it ?

I read it by Google translator... but it's too weird to understand.:blink:

:puppy_eyes:i want the english translation too,pretty please!

I'm working on the translation for you girls, I've done half and will post the whole translation tonight here and link it on twitter as well.

I love the first pic :mf_lustslow::swoon: and the interview is really interesting too :wink2:

(Melachi was only three months old when he gave that interview )

I'm working on the translation for you girls, I've done half and will post the whole translation tonight here and link it on twitter as well.

I love the first pic :mf_lustslow::swoon: and the interview is really interesting too :wink2:

(Melachi was only three months old when he gave that interview )

Talking about Melachi, when it's her b-day btw??? :teehee::teehee::teehee:

The whole translation (updated)

The master of pop , the Lebanese singer,Michael Holbrook Penniman, ( better known as Mika) is about to start a mini summer tour. his context of this soon coming tour, he is going to tell us about the making of his third album, with which he hopes to surprise his fans.

Mika is meeting the journalist of DT in a photo studio in Milan, where he has just done a photo shooting for the perfume brand Hugo Boss. Now he is followed around by photographs , but at the begining they stayed away from his path. When he was nineteen,and a student in the Royal College of London, an Italian teacher for singing , who was desperate with him nicknamed him "The Mute"

"I was a pop singer who pretended to be a classical singer and sounded like a sixty years old bariton", admitted Mika in one of his recurring articles for La RepublicaXL magazine.

The British singer with Lebanese origins , far from cowering , said to his mentor during the last class that one day he would see him on a stage in Milan, but not in la Scala, because it would be too small.

There were others who didn't know how to discover the original and unique artist that everyone sees in him today. With a good handful of songs in his bag, Mika presented his discography and , after hearing it, he was asked to be like Robbie Williams. In is first album, "Life in Cartoon Motion", he dedicated to those "visionaries", one of his first successes "Grace Kelly".

Mika (born in Beirut in 1983) always has interesting things to say in his interviews, something that was also true with Mercury himself, with whom he was compared so many times. In the face-off, we discovered another commun point they have : extreme education. We couldn't resist asking him a question about this legend of rock. What did Freddie Mercury bring to you as an artist ?

An intense melody with lots of classical music traces. This fills me with inspiration. This is something he has added to pop music: an intensity in the melody that's typical of theatre and opera; a mix of those two words. He was very clever.

As it happens my house in London is very close to the one he used to live in....

Yes. In fact,my gardener was also his. What's interesting is that each year, on the day when he dies, I see lots of people who leave out flowers. It is something that gets me, a magical moment.

Many other things separate them. One example of this: whereas Queen leader sais he drank a double vodka glass before his shows, Mika chews on fresh ginger with honey. And sometimes people imagine a connection when there isn't any. In the case of the song "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)”, about big sized women some believed it was a tribute to Queen's “Fat Bottomed Girls”. Not at all. How did this song appear?

I wrote it for my mother and my aunts who are "big". One day I was watching TV and saw a documentary about a club in which only "big" women were allowed. I thought there was no song for them. That's all. It took me fifteen minutes to make it. I wrote it in a simple and quick way. There's no politics in it.

Sometimes it's difficult to fit, especially if you are different, like the "Big Girl" of his song. And the Lebanese singer is one of those men who are successful and who were dislodged by the others during their childhood. He goes on explaining that he was an "awkward teenager"; and today he still seems to keep his distances from the world. But today , it is his own choice. With this song he gave lots of confidence to women who do not wear a size ten and don't need to

This is about being yourself. I believe if you feel left out, and this is what happened to me, you don't need trust. Nobody told me to do this and noone could stop me from doing it because I was part of nothing. I didn't run any risks. I didn't have anything to lose. And it was a very good thing. If you are a part of something , you always think that you might lose it.

Did success change you?

No, not at all, even if it is sure that sometimes you wonder what people will think about what you do. It took me more time, more efforts to create something without complexity. I need to forget the world outside. But when I forget, I forget. Before nobody knew me and I could sit down at my piano and create straight away. Now I need more discipline. This is a good thing, but this is a change. We must be aware that life changes us. Not success. Lack of success cand change a person as much as success. It is important to understand this because we could lose confidence in both cases.

During your show you seem to be a person free to do anything. Do you feel like this on stage?

Yes, I'm free, but I'm alone. I'm unique. And I'm fine like that. When we breaks the chains, we remain alone. It is a choice. And I like it that way. I prefer to be alone than to be chained. Although I have a dog (he smiles). She is little, she is three months old. Her name is Melachi the witch (with her own twitter: @mikasdog )

Precisely Mika wouldn't be Mika , a complex human being, if he wasn't able to stage the paradox of being exposed to the outside world not only with his scenarios but also through twitter (@mikasounds), for which he has more than 173.000 followers, although he only follows twenty people himself, among whom Lady Gaga and Dita Von Teese. This is how he announced in a tweet, on October 11th, that he finally got his driver's licence. "I got my driver's licence today! Londoners, beware. There's danger in the streets."

He also like to create scenarios. At the concerts he gave in Madrid and Barcelona last year we saw you take off and fly above the piano and the stage, hanging from the ceiling and dressed as an astronaut. Were you afraid?

I already had accidents. And I like to take risks. I'm very happy with this flying because we were a group of people creating the show and mix the two albums.

He also like to create scenarios. At the concerts he gave in Madrid and Barcelona last year we saw you take off and fly above the piano and the stage, hanging from the ceiling and dressed as an astronaut. Were you afraid?

I already had accidents. And I like to take risks. I'm very happy with this flying because we were a group of people creating the show and mix the two albums. Those two words met in those two places as if they had been written to live together. It was a different world, very "DIY style", hand made. It was very expensive to make it, but it was made with the heart, made with lots of flaws but deliberately. Everything was old because it had a story. This is what I wanted and I think we have created something that is rare in pop music.

What is the craziest thing you did on stage?

Precisely flying like an astronaut.

And when you're not on stage?

I don't know. I see myself as someone very normal. Although my friends believe that i'm totally crazy. I think I don't have a sense of responsability and I take lots of risks, but I still don't have a family and I don't have responsabilities.

Do you take care of yourself a lot?

No, not at all. I like wine a lot, most of my friends smoke, so I'm surrounded by smoke more or less. I go to bed late and I get up very early for Melachi. I only take care of my voice.

You are a naive artist in whom naivity and maturity mix. Marcel Marceau said: "An artist keeps a child side , but as he has a big experience of life, he changes too"

How do you see yourself?

I undersand what he wanted to say. When I see someone like Marceau, I see something innocent, young, something that is suitable for children. But, at the same time, he talked about life. And this is very important. In today's popular cultural life, there isn't luch of this. There are geniuses, singers like Amy Winehouse, who was so successful because she has that simple side and at the same time, lots of sadness, a hard side. It is good to keep this part of magic, but it not childish, it's naive. There's a big difference.

This summer tour schedule does not include Spain, although we would be delighted if he could offer us some day a concert in the Royal Theater of Madrid. (It would be incredible, with an orchestre and a huge projector of images.) In any case, it won't be too long till we get a visit because his third album is booming and he has announced he hopes to release it in Spring next year. He twists forward. How is the making of the new album going?

Very well. It's going great, the best I've done in my life. Better than the two other records I've done before. This is what I think. I feel very confident? When I listen to it, it is clear that it is me, it hits! It's like breathing fresh air.

Do you have other projects right now?

Yes, and I'm not the one who sings. I decided to work on several projects with other singers to write and produce songs for them and for me as well. This gives me creativity and energy. It opened possibilities and gave me ideas. What I've created is not really a sort of pop music, it does not necessarely belong to a sound or a style. I had freedom to create what I wanted. And I like it, it makes me dream/gives me hope.

Who do you like among the new singer of today?

I like a little bit of everything. There are several, but Adele for example is very talented and inspires me. Many artists don't like t say who they listen to for inspiration, but it's something we all do. And I find ideas listening to other artists myself.

20/6/2011 | Raquel de la Moren

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

This is the first part of the translation and I'll do the rest tonight

The master of pop , the Lebanese singer,Michael Holbrook Penniman, ( better known as Mika) is about to start a mini summer tour. his context of this soon coming tour, he is going to tell us about the making of his third album, with which he hopes to surprise his fans.

Mika is meeting the journalist of DT in a photo studio in Milan, where he has just done a photo shooting for the perfume brand Hugo Boss. Now he is followed around by photographs , but at the begining they stayed away from his path. When he was nineteen,and a student in the Royal College of London, an Italian teacher for singing , who was desperate with him nicknamed him "The Mute"

"I was a pop singer who pretended to be a classical singer and sounded like a sixty years old bariton", admitted Mika in one of his recurring articles for La RepublicaXL magazine.

The British singer with Lebanese origins , far from cowering , said to his mentor during the last class that one day he would see him on a stage in Milan, but not in la Scala, because it would be too small.

There were others who didn't know how to discover the original and unique artist that everyone sees in him today. With a good handful of songs in his bag, Mika presented his discography and , after hearing it, he was asked to be like Robbie Williams. In is first album, "Life in Cartoon Motion", he dedicated to those "visionaries", one of his first successes "Grace Kelly".

Mika (born in Beirut in 1983) always has interesting things to say in his interviews, something that was also true with Mercury himself, with whom he was compared so many times. In the face-off, we discovered another commun point they have : extreme education. We couldn't resist asking him a question about this legend of rock. What did Freddie Mercury bring to you as an artist ?

An intense melody with lots of classical music traces. This fills me with inspiration. This is something he has added to pop music: an intensity in the melody that's typical of theatre and opera; a mix of those two words. He was very clever.

As it happens my house in London is very close to the one he used to live in....

Yes. In fact,my gardener was also his. What's interesting is that each year, on the day when he dies, I see lots of people who leave out flowers. It is something that gets me, a magical moment.

Many other things separate them. One example of this: whereas Queen leader sais he drank a double vodka glass before his shows, Mika chews on fresh ginger with honey. And sometimes people imagine a connection when there isn't any. In the case of the song "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)”, about big sized women some believed it was a tribute to Queen's “Fat Bottomed Girls”. Not at all. How did this song appear?

I wrote it for my mother and my aunts who are "big". One day I was watching TV and saw a documentary about a club in which only "big" women were allowed. I thought there was no song for them. That's all. It took me fifteen minutes to make it. I wrote it in a simple and quick way. There's no politics in it.

Sometimes it's difficult to fit, especially if you are different, like the "Big Girl" of his song. And the Lebanese singer is one of those men who are successful and who were dislodged by the others during their childhood. He goes on explaining that he was an "awkward teenager"; and today he still seems to keep his distances from the world. But today , it is his own choice. With this song he gave lots of confidence to women who do not wear a size ten and don't need to

This is about being yourself. I believe if you feel left out, and this is what happened to me, you don't need trust. Nobody told me to do this and noone could stop me from doing it because I was part of nothing. I didn't run any risks. I didn't have anything to lose. And it was a very good thing. If you are a part of something , you always think that you might lose it.

Did success change you?

No, not at all, even if it is sure that sometimes you wonder what people will think about what you do. It took me more time, more efforts to create something without complexity. I need to forget the world outside. But when I forget, I forget. Before nobody knew me and I could sit down at my piano and create straight away. Now I need more discipline. This is a good thing, but this is a change. We must be aware that life changes us. Not success. Lack of success cand change a person as much as success. It is important to understand this because we could lose confidence in both cases.

During your show you seem to be a person free to do anything. Do you feel like this on stage?

Yes, I'm free, but I'm alone. I'm unique. And I'm fine like that. When we breaks the chains, we remain alone. It is a choice. And I like it that way. I prefer to be alone than to be chained. Although I have a dog (he smiles). She is little, she is three months old. Her name is Melachi the witch (with her own twitter: @mikasdog )

Precisely Mika wouldn't be Mika , a complex human being, if he wasn't able to stage the paradox of being exposed to the outside world not only with his scenarios but also through twitter (@mikasounds), for which he has more than 173.000 followers, although he only follows twenty people himself, among whom Lady Gaga and Dita Von Teese. This is how he announced in a tweet, on October 11th, that he finally got his driver's licence. "I got my driver's licence today! Londoners, beware. There's danger in the streets."

I already had accidents. And I like to take risks. I'm very happy with this flying because we were a group of people creating the show and mix the two albums.

Ha! I just browsed this thread to post a summary of the interview on here, but I see it’s not necessary anymore, I’m a bit late!

:aah:

Great translation, thanks! :thumb_yello:

If you don’t mind, I’ll post it anyway. This is it:

Sadly my English skills are not good enough to translate this whole article properly, so I’ll just write a summary of the most “interesting” things...

When comparing him to Freddie, the interviewer says that meeting him, he has discovered yet another coincidence between them two: they both are – Freddie was – extremely polite.

About BG, he says it’s about the way you feel about your own self. When someone is an outsider, he/she can’t be told to step out of any place, simply because he/she doesn’t belong there or anywhere. There’s no risk, nothing to lose.

He says success has not changed him at all, except in that now he wonders what people would think about the things he does. It’s life that changes people, not success; lack of success can also change you.

The interviewer asks him if he feels free on stage, and he says he does, free and lonely, no chains. It’s his choice and he likes it. He feels good with certain people at times, but prefers being alone than “chained” to someone. But he has a dog (and smiles)…

He says he considers himself a normal guy but his friends think he’s crazy and not responsible, and that not having a family of his own yet, he therefore has no responsibilities.

He likes wine, a lot, and most of his friends do smoke, so he’s surrounded by smoke quite often. He goes to bed late and wakes up early because of Melachi. He just cares about his voice.

About Marcel Marceau, he says he understands his quote: “Every artist has a childish side, but he also has great experiences in life, and thus changes”. He says it’s not a childish side, but a naïf side, which is pretty different.

He’s working on several projects, writing and producing songs for other artists. It gives him energy, creativity and possibilities. It’s not really pop music, he’s been free to create what he truly wanted to.

He confesses he does listen to other artists to seek for inspiration, as everyone does, and mentions Adele as one of them.

Ha! I just browsed this thread to post a summary of the interview on here, but I see it’s not necessary anymore, I’m a bit late!

:aah:

Great translation, thanks! :thumb_yello:

If you don’t mind, I’ll post it anyway. This is it:

Sadly my English skills are not good enough to translate this whole article properly, so I’ll just write a summary of the most “interesting” things...

When comparing him to Freddie, the interviewer says that meeting him, he has discovered yet another coincidence between them two: they both are – Freddie was – extremely polite.

About BG, he says it’s about the way you feel about your own self. When someone is an outsider, he/she can’t be told to step out of any place, simply because he/she doesn’t belong there or anywhere. There’s no risk, nothing to lose.

He says success has not changed him at all, except in that now he wonders what people would think about the things he does. It’s life that changes people, not success; lack of success can also change you.

The interviewer asks him if he feels free on stage, and he says he does, free and lonely, no chains. It’s his choice and he likes it. He feels good with certain people at times, but prefers being alone than “chained” to someone. But he has a dog (and smiles)…

He says he considers himself a normal guy but his friends think he’s crazy and not responsible, and that not having a family of his own yet, he therefore has no responsibilities.

He likes wine, a lot, and most of his friends do smoke, so he’s surrounded by smoke quite often. He goes to bed late and wakes up early because of Melachi. He just cares about his voice.

About Marcel Marceau, he says he understands his quote: “Every artist has a childish side, but he also has great experiences in life, and thus changes”. He says it’s not a childish side, but a naïf side, which is pretty different.

He’s working on several projects, writing and producing songs for other artists. It gives him energy, creativity and possibilities. It’s not really pop music, he’s been free to create what he truly wanted to.

He confesses he does listen to other artists to seek for inspiration, as everyone does, and mentions Adele as one of them.

Great summary :clap: Thanks :huglove:

With summary and translation, we are sure we won't miss anything :wink2:

It is a long and interesting article :wub2: