Oh nice, so this isn't too expensive! This touring company will do all promotion and marketing and all for Mika, and you know how Andrea Bocelli hadn't come here for 6 years? They marketed him really well and they would do the same for Mika - I saw an example and they promoted Andrea on Yahoonews, newspapers, and many articles online :o They said that they think it would be fairly easy to market Mika and if he pays the money ($60,000) to the company, then they will manage all of this. I am really hoping Mika's team looks into this since it is a really good deal and Mika would make a lot of money.

Here's the dilemma- the company says Mika should do a show in Enmore and Melbourne as it will work better for Mika but can Mika get 1300 seats each at both shows? Even with heavy marketing I dont know :( Im confident he can get a sell out in Enmore but I don't know about Melbourne

I don't know either - only your fellow Aussies can help

• Like 1

Yes there was quite alot of flooding. Now its just mostly the eastern Derwent valley. But I live on a hill so I was safe.

It's good that you escaped.  I feel sorry for the people affected, it takes so long to get over flooding.

Speaking of school, I have to go back on Monday. But I am kind of exited since the past two terms the grade seven block has been under construction and when we go back we get to see it! Since then we have used the library as a temporary classroom.

Edited by littledevil#222

*sigh* very cold and a couple of days of heavy rain for Tasmania still...

Ugh, cold and rain. Hopefully it clears up soon.

You've had a lot of rain lately.  Any flooding round your way?

There was pretty severe flooding in a town about 1hr 20 from where I am now (we actually lived there over 20 yrs ago). The town is pretty much cut in two and the crops on the farms around the town have been wiped out. There's been minor flooding nearby, especially near the village my in laws live in. 

I make Mika's last gig in Australia to be November 2009?  Surely that can't be right? :shocked:

Yep, the 24th to be exact. 

I'm sure he did a gig later than that :dunno:

Nope. I know it was November 2009 cause it was about 5 months after I had the strokes and that was 7 years this year. 

That works out around £61.  I think he's done gigs in the UK for around £50 so it's not too much more.  And some of his gigs in Europe have been more expensive.

I'd probably be happy to pay it if I hadn't seen him for seven years - but he would need to do a lot of publicity to promote any gigs, to remind people who he is.

Definitely agree with the promo part. I never saw any promo around the album but then again I live in the country. 

Speaking of school, I have to go back on Monday. But I am kind of exited since the past two terms the grade seven block has been under construction and when we go back we get to see it! Since then we have used the library as a temporary classroom.

Oooooh, exciting! Hope it looks really nice! 

Oh nice, so this isn't too expensive! This touring company will do all promotion and marketing and all for Mika, and you know how Andrea Bocelli hadn't come here for 6 years? They marketed him really well and they would do the same for Mika - I saw an example and they promoted Andrea on Yahoonews, newspapers, and many articles online :o They said that they think it would be fairly easy to market Mika and if he pays the money ($60,000) to the company, then they will manage all of this. I am really hoping Mika's team looks into this since it is a really good deal and Mika would make a lot of money.

Here's the dilemma- the company says Mika should do a show in Enmore and Melbourne as it will work better for Mika but can Mika get 1300 seats each at both shows? Even with heavy marketing I dont know :( Im confident he can get a sell out in Enmore but I don't know about Melbourne

Knew I missed one! 

Enmore is a definite, I reckon Melbourne could be doable as well. I know of 4 people that live in Melbourne or fairly close by that were fans a while back and came for the last show, surely there are more in Vic that would go. 

If it happens, I really really hope he goes to the Palais Theatre in St Kilda. One of the older fans made a video years ago and in it she pointed to the Palais and said he can do a show there (she also said he ripped off the Luna Park entrance at the Parc des Princes show in 2008 but that's beside the point).

Silver, I'm sure you can guess who was involved in said video (besides me, but I didn't say anything :fisch:). 

• Like 1

Knew I missed one! 

Enmore is a definite, I reckon Melbourne could be doable as well. I know of 4 people that live in Melbourne or fairly close by that were fans a while back and came for the last show, surely there are more in Vic that would go. 

If it happens, I really really hope he goes to the Palais Theatre in St Kilda. One of the older fans made a video years ago and in it she pointed to the Palais and said he can do a show there (she also said he ripped off the Luna Park entrance at the Parc des Princes show in 2008 but that's beside the point).

Silver, I'm sure you can guess who was involved in said video (besides me, but I didn't say anything :fisch:). 

Sweet! I'm friends with a fan in Melbourne (she's not on MFC much but she LOVES him) so I'd say you're right, thank you :D I feel like this could work! Mika's team better see this! 

HAHAHA omg I never thought of Parc Des Princes ripping off Luna Park but I totally see what she means :naughty:

Not much.

Just creepy clowns everywhere.

Oh, you've got that too.  There's been quite a strong reaction this year, arrests being made etc.

And real clowns are very annoyed about it.

Not that I have ever liked clowns anyway.

|the story of Jess the clown|

one day jess the clown was having a day off, she was a big Mika fan so she went to a concert.

she was dressed in her usual cloths, a big, red curly wig, white face paint and big, red, shiny clown shoes.

Security guard: Look! there's one of those creepy clown guys! *grabs security guard no. 2 and they both run over to jess the clown*

Jess the clown: NOOOOOOO!

~to be continued~

• Like 1