2011 - MIKA @ Festival Mares Vivas, Oporto, Portugal 16 July - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

Fmbm

everything can be related to the gig...

anyway...take it easy :wink2:

Well Mary and I were reminiscing about the joys of the weather, and then we were told all about what we should have done instead of what we did do...there was no arguing, just discussion. :thumb_yello:

Well Mary and I were reminiscing about the joys of the weather, and then we were told all about what we should have done instead of what we did do...there was no arguing, just discussion. :thumb_yello:

I was not telling you what to do, I was just saying what I would have done. :dunno: Anyway, I'VE been over this for a while - PLEASE, let this be over with! :aah:

I was not telling you what to do, I was just saying what I would have done. :dunno: Anyway, I'VE been over this for a while - PLEASE, let this be over with! :aah:

I'm not actually carrying on with anything, Mary and I were talking about the gig, you came in then Ingie and I were talking. You seem to be labouring under the delusion that this is something other than a conversation.

But anyway, I posted some vids a page or two ago, would one of the mods be kind enough to link them on the front page? Merci!

I want to have the last word as usual. You have no idea what you would have done until you are in the situation.

But anyway, I posted some vids a page or two ago, would one of the mods be kind enough to link them on the front page? Merci!

Done! :thumb_yello:

And thank you :flowers2:

Okay, lets have a report shall we!

Myself and Sharon, arrived in Porto early Friday morning and swiftly got to our hotels, which were next door to each other, which was handy, as I seemed to spend more time in hers (most of the MFCers seemed to be staying there), than my own:naughty:

After I had a nice nap, in the incredibly comfy bed (in my hotel that is:naughty:), we all got together and went into Porto to meet the rest of the MFC contingent, and seemed to take over most cafes/restaurants we stopped to have refreshments in. It was fantastic finally meeting Mary and Rosa, they are so much fun to hang out with, as was everyone there that night. Was so enjoyable.

It was great getting back to the hotel, they let me take a pot of tea up to my room with me. SO didn't want to leave there:wub2:

Next morning, we all gathered at the Novotel, for a morning of chilling and, for some, swimming. It was so relaxing, not queuing, but sitting by the pool getting some sun. That's my kind of day before a gig :biggrin2:

We left the hotel about 4 to go down to where the festival was taking place, a 30 minute walk I think, and even though there was a bit of a queue, it was set up like Westerpark a few years back, with about 6 rows to queue in.

Gates opened at 6, and we filtered in, and went down to another barrier near the stage, which opened not long after we started to queue there, so we rushed to get our places, which this time was barrier, with Abby, Kath, Jazzy, and the French lady & her daughter and hubby, who were at Compiegne the week before.

Later we were joined by Ingie and Yulia, which is always a lot of fun. We finished making the Porto flag (see pic in first post), which I promised the girls I would do for them. I was quite happy with how it turned out in the end.

We saw Aureas soundcheck, which was interesting, then saw her perform for real. She's quite an entertaining singer, and I like how she interacted with her band.

The less said about Tindersticks, the better, I think!

It wasn't really their fault, this wasn't really their kind of festival, everyone wanted to sing and dance, but that's not their kind of thing, they are more suited to late night chilling out sessions, not the kind of crowd that go to Mika gigs!

And by this time, the rain and chill setting in, were not helping peoples mood, so I got the feeling their set got cut short.

Hence why The Cranberries, got to have a encore, as they really went for it, and helped improve our moods a bit, getting us to dance about a bit and warm up slightly. Kudos to Dolores for that :thumb_yello:

Watching the set being put up, was a little painful, as we were all cooling off from The Cranberries, and they seemed to be taking forever to get things sorted. In the end they even took some parts down, as the wind was blowing them around a bit fiercely!

Pt 2 coming up.

Okay, lets have a report shall we!

Myself and Sharon, arrived in Porto early Friday morning and swiftly got to our hotels, which were next door to each other, which was handy, as I seemed to spend more time in hers (most of the MFCers seemed to be staying there), than my own:naughty:

After I had a nice nap, in the incredibly comfy bed (in my hotel that is:naughty:), we all got together and went into Porto to meet the rest of the MFC contingent, and seemed to take over most cafes/restaurants we stopped to have refreshments in. It was fantastic finally meeting Mary and Rosa, they are so much fun to hang out with, as was everyone there that night. Was so enjoyable.

It was great getting back to the hotel, they let me take a pot of tea up to my room with me. SO didn't want to leave there:wub2:

Next morning, we all gathered at the Novotel, for a morning of chilling and, for some, swimming. It was so relaxing, not queuing, but sitting by the pool getting some sun. That's my kind of day before a gig :biggrin2:

We left the hotel about 4 to go down to where the festival was taking place, a 30 minute walk I think, and even though there was a bit of a queue, it was set up like Westerpark a few years back, with about 6 rows to queue in.

Gates opened at 6, and we filtered in, and went down to another barrier near the stage, which opened not long after we started to queue there, so we rushed to get our places, which this time was barrier, with Abby, Kath, Jazzy, and the French lady & her daughter and hubby, who were at Compiegne the week before.

Later we were joined by Ingie and Yulia, which is always a lot of fun. We finished making the Porto flag (see pic in first post), which I promised the girls I would do for them. I was quite happy with how it turned out in the end.

We saw Aureas soundcheck, which was interesting, then saw her perform for real. She's quite an entertaining singer, and I like how she interacted with her band.

The less said about Tindersticks, the better, I think!

It wasn't really their fault, this wasn't really their kind of festival, everyone wanted to sing and dance, but that's not their kind of thing, they are more suited to late night chilling out sessions, not the kind of crowd that go to Mika gigs!

And by this time, the rain and chill setting in, were not helping peoples mood, so I got the feeling their set got cut short.

Hence why The Cranberries, got to have a encore, as they really went for it, and helped improve our moods a bit, getting us to dance about a bit and warm up slightly. Kudos to Dolores for that :thumb_yello:

Watching the set being put up, was a little painful, as we were all cooling off from The Cranberries, and they seemed to be taking forever to get things sorted. In the end they even took some parts down, as the wind was blowing them around a bit fiercely!

Pt 2 coming up.

Awww :wub2: It was a pleasure to meet you too, for real! :huglove: Glad you enjoyed your time here!

Can't wait for the next time! :biggrin2:

Oh, and thank you for the flag! It was fabulous, and it was soooooooo sweet of you to make it with the colours of the portuguese flag! We really appreciated it! :huglove:

Hi guys! :)

I'll post my report, pics & videos later! :wub2:

Sorry it's fairly late...

Just to say I met some really amazing people, the Americans, ;), The French girlies, and the famous Ingie, Laura & Luke!

And mega thanks to Mary for organising the meet-up! :wub2:

Hi guys! :)

I'll post my report, pics & videos later! :wub2:

Sorry it's fairly late...

Just to say I met some really amazing people, the Americans, ;), The French girlies, and the famous Ingie, Laura & Luke!

And mega thanks to Mary for organising the meet-up! :wub2:

:huglove:

Yep, it was great to finally have faces to go with the nicknames! :naughty: Makes everything much better!

You're welcome, thanks for showing up (your mum too, she's so lovely!).

I know it was a bit chaotic, but when we have 30 people from several countries, it's never easy to talk to everyone. :blush-anim-cl: We all did our best, right? I enjoyed meeting everyone, hope to repeat it someday! :biggrin2:

Awww :wub2: It was a pleasure to meet you too, for real! :huglove: Glad you enjoyed your time here!

Can't wait for the next time! :biggrin2:

Oh, and thank you for the flag! It was fabulous, and it was soooooooo sweet of you to make it with the colours of the portuguese flag! We really appreciated it! :huglove:

I can't wait to come back to your lovely country, I enjoyed it so much, despite that rain on the gig night.

I have to say, mid week, I was struggling to come up with an idea for a flag, then it hit me, why not a derivation of the Portuguese flag. So simple, don't know why I hadn't thought of it before!:doh::naughty:

I can't wait to come back to your lovely country, I enjoyed it so much, despite that rain on the gig night.

I have to say, mid week, I was struggling to come up with an idea for a flag, then it hit me, why not a derivation of the Portuguese flag. So simple, don't know why I hadn't thought of it before!:doh::naughty:

It worked perfectly! :wub2:

My vids :)

Relax:

Big Girl:

Stuck In The Middle:

Dr John:

Blue Eyes:

Billy Brown:

Rain:

Blame It On The Girls:

Happy Ending:

Kick Ass:

Love Today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GlxsFXyxj4

We Are Golden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5TK0f6Sjek

Grace Kelly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5VaYRBvRos

Elle Me Dit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxOmaA12sZU

Lollipop Part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKwqCRuGFnQ

Lollipop Part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXpg7CCmzqk

My vids :)

Relax:

Big Girl:

Stuck In The Middle:

Dr John:

Blue Eyes:

Billy Brown:

Rain:

Blame It On The Girls:

Happy Ending:

Kick Ass:

Love Today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GlxsFXyxj4

We Are Golden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5TK0f6Sjek

Grace Kelly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5VaYRBvRos

Elle Me Dit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxOmaA12sZU

Lollipop Part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKwqCRuGFnQ

Lollipop Part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXpg7CCmzqk

You filmed the whole show? :shocked::aah:

I just wanted to say...

MAAAAAAAAAAAAARES VIVAS!

NO CABEDELO!

(NO CABDEEEEEEELOOOOOOOOOO)

I got rid of it just yesterday. :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks.

No,serioulsy, thanks :mf_rosetinted:

I just wanted to say...

MAAAAAAAAAAAAARES VIVAS!

NO CABEDELO!

(NO CABDEEEEEEELOOOOOOOOOO)

Arrrrrggghhhhhhh!:aah:

Insert some insane gif here as i cannot due to my poor net connection....

angrygif.gif

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

tumblr_lmtzy4G58u1qem26lo1_500.gif

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: