2011 - MIKA @ Festival Mares Vivas, Oporto, Portugal 16 July - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

Fmbm

Okay, lets have a report shall we!

Myself and Sharon, arrived in Porto early Friday morning and swiftly got to our hotels, which were next door to each other, which was handy, as I seemed to spend more time in hers (most of the MFCers seemed to be staying there), than my own:naughty:

After I had a nice nap, in the incredibly comfy bed (in my hotel that is:naughty:), we all got together and went into Porto to meet the rest of the MFC contingent, and seemed to take over most cafes/restaurants we stopped to have refreshments in. It was fantastic finally meeting Mary and Rosa, they are so much fun to hang out with, as was everyone there that night. Was so enjoyable.

It was great getting back to the hotel, they let me take a pot of tea up to my room with me. SO didn't want to leave there:wub2:

Next morning, we all gathered at the Novotel, for a morning of chilling and, for some, swimming. It was so relaxing, not queuing, but sitting by the pool getting some sun. That's my kind of day before a gig :biggrin2:

We left the hotel about 4 to go down to where the festival was taking place, a 30 minute walk I think, and even though there was a bit of a queue, it was set up like Westerpark a few years back, with about 6 rows to queue in.

Gates opened at 6, and we filtered in, and went down to another barrier near the stage, which opened not long after we started to queue there, so we rushed to get our places, which this time was barrier, with Abby, Kath, Jazzy, and the French lady & her daughter and hubby, who were at Compiegne the week before.

Later we were joined by Ingie and Yulia, which is always a lot of fun. We finished making the Porto flag (see pic in first post), which I promised the girls I would do for them. I was quite happy with how it turned out in the end.

We saw Aureas soundcheck, which was interesting, then saw her perform for real. She's quite an entertaining singer, and I like how she interacted with her band.

The less said about Tindersticks, the better, I think!

It wasn't really their fault, this wasn't really their kind of festival, everyone wanted to sing and dance, but that's not their kind of thing, they are more suited to late night chilling out sessions, not the kind of crowd that go to Mika gigs!

And by this time, the rain and chill setting in, were not helping peoples mood, so I got the feeling their set got cut short.

Hence why The Cranberries, got to have a encore, as they really went for it, and helped improve our moods a bit, getting us to dance about a bit and warm up slightly. Kudos to Dolores for that :thumb_yello:

Watching the set being put up, was a little painful, as we were all cooling off from The Cranberries, and they seemed to be taking forever to get things sorted. In the end they even took some parts down, as the wind was blowing them around a bit fiercely!

Pt 2 coming up.

I wish we had talked more!:wink2:

And I loved your flag! :wub2:

I just wanted to say...

MAAAAAAAAAAAAARES VIVAS!

NO CABEDELO!

(NO CABDEEEEEEELOOOOOOOOOO)

That music is completely hypnotic! :shocked:

I can d/l the first one, but it's not about Mika

for the others I can ask Nicoleta :original:

I just wanted to say...

MAAAAAAAAAAAAARES VIVAS!

NO CABEDELO!

(NO CABDEEEEEEELOOOOOOOOOO)

NOOOOOOO! :mad3: I only just got that damn song out of my brain, I come to this thread and there is is - back in my head again!

Were you in Portugal?????

Why haven't i met you??? :(

Aww. I'd love to have met you! Next tour I'm sure we'll meet! :biggrin2: Yes I was there, but it was all a bit of a rush... I'd been on holiday and flew home to the UK Friday morning, went straight from Gatwick airport to work, and then Saturday went back to Gatwick and flew to Porto. I arrived at the gig quite late so didn't queue or meet anyone :aah: Unfortunately I arrived just in time to get soaked to the skin and endure Tindersticks though :teehee: I was standing towards to side, sort of near Rose, Kath, Yuls etc.

Aww. I'd love to have met you! Next tour I'm sure we'll meet! :biggrin2: Yes I was there, but it was all a bit of a rush... I'd been on holiday and flew home to the UK Friday morning, went straight from Gatwick airport to work, and then Saturday went back to Gatwick and flew to Porto. I arrived at the gig quite late so didn't queue or meet anyone :aah: Unfortunately I arrived just in time to get soaked to the skin and endure Tindersticks though :teehee: I was standing towards to side, sort of near Rose, Kath, Yuls etc.

wow, lucky you, eh? :teehee:

:roftl:

That's where i was too, right besides Abby, kath's daughter...

Next time, then....:thumb_yello:

Great report!!!:biggrin2:

(With some mistakes on it):teehee:

(Just kidding):aah:

Of course there are mistakes there!

SHE TOTALLY IGNORED MY CAKE. :shun:

Of course there are mistakes there!

SHE TOTALLY IGNORED MY CAKE. :shun:

But she remembered my sandwich....:wub2:

A cake and a sandwich are more important than me! :tears:

A cake and a sandwich are more important than me! :tears:

You had a post dedicated to you.

My cake, that didn't let Ingie starve to death in the middle of the desert, doesn't even get a mention.

That's just...cruel.

:tears:

yeah,and my biscuits :shun:

Mary, next time we won´t feed Ingie :shun:

Yeah.. :shun:

Let her eat only Wonka's sandwich. :shun:

Ok, that sounded a bit wrong... :teehee:

You had a post dedicated to you.

My cake, that didn't let Ingie starve to death in the middle of the desert, doesn't even get a mention.

That's just...cruel.

:tears:

yeah,and my biscuits :shun:

Mary, next time we won´t feed Ingie :shun:

I apologise. Your cake was delicious and so were your biscuits:mf_rosetinted:

I apologise. Your cake was delicious and so were your biscuits:mf_rosetinted:

:floor: :floor:

Ok I accept your apology and next time I´ll feed you again :aah:

Unless the next time is in your country, in that case you´ll need to feed me. With chicken and stuff :mf_rosetinted: