2011 - MIKA @ Festival Mares Vivas, Oporto, Portugal 16 July - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

Fmbm

@iMMamusic just tweeted this

@Rakpenguin63 why? What's wrong with Ida??

guess Ida didn't break her arm then, right? cause Imma would've know then right? :aah:

which is exactly why I was wondering who tweeted it - I don't trust it unless it's been said by someone "official", or tons of people have agreed about it. :wink2:

Yes, I know that of course, I meant he doesn't do them to random fans.

I guess it may depend on the sponsors. In Lisbon the people at the backstage were all random fans, because the sponsors and Universal had made 74726548327 contests to win M&G. :naughty: We even entered one or two, but never won anything! :naughty:

Sounds like the Ida rumour is a misunderstanding.

Yes. Just because she did not sing with Mika at a festival doesn't mean that there is something wrong with her. I never expected her to sing this song with Mika more than a couple of times. :dunno:

Yes. Just because she did not sing with Mika at a festival doesn't mean that there is something wrong with her. I never expected her to sing this song with Mika more than a couple of times. :dunno:

i only reported what i read on twitter from someone who was at the gig:blush-anim-cl:

sowwy:blush-anim-cl:

i only reported what i read on twitter from someone who was at the gig:blush-anim-cl:

sowwy:blush-anim-cl:

That's ok - I did not even see anything on twitter. I guess I am not following that person. I only commented on what I think might have happened here. (i.e fans speculating - it is nothing new :teehee:)

Thanks so much for the reports!! I really wanted to go to this but I have to say that I am just too old to do the festival thing. My bladder has a few years on yours Kira, not sure it would be holding up for 8 hours. :naughty: It sounded so fantastic on the radio though, wow. You got a great performance. :mf_lustslow:

Mika was pretty hopped up on painkillers in Oakland but I'm glad he told you he remembered you anyway. :teehee: He really has a special thing for Americans. Not jealous!! (:mf_rosetinted:)

I know no one is going to listen but I am going to say it anyway. When Mika stops to sign autographs after he leaves the venue it is not a meet & greet. I think even calling it a M&G is raising unrealistic expectations. When you get a real M&G you can hope for a photograph for instance. When there is a mad scrum outside Mika's car or 200 people queued up outside the stage door the chances of you getting a photograph are extremely limited. The chances of everyone getting a photograph is ZERO.

I'm sorry that people jumped into the Portuguese fan club photograph in the chaos but I have been to very few of these stage door scrums where he takes photos at all. The only one I can remember is Dublin and I think the only people who got pics were Luke and Blue Sky (out of about 100-200 ppl). I do understand the disappointment though because you get so few chances, especially at your home gig. :huh:

I just call meet&greet because it's what I hear all the time. Personally it's just a name that I started to use since I'm a member of MFC. :naughty:

Yesterday, I saw and lived certain things that I wouldn't expected at all. That's why I'm not happy when I think in the all day in general. I never had to leave a front row because of Mika fans till yesterday and I thought that in the end, because we weren't so much, we could have a relaxed time, like it happened in Liège.

When he doesn't do anything after a show, of course I feel a little bit sad, but honestly I forget in a few minutes. For example in Vigo, he didn't came out and we forgot that and went to eat something and relax a little bit after the show. But yesterday was different. He appeared to chat a little bit with us. He did that without anyone asking or forcing him and that was really cool, but people started to surround him like he was running away (and he wasn't). Of course it wasn't so bad as it was in Brixton or even in Coimbra last year, but I didn't like the general behavior of people. Besides the thing with the group pic that we already talk, people after talking or having their stuff signed, they didn't leave, they wanted to be near him till he got back to his car. In all the photographs that I have from the meet&greet, you can see the same faces all the time.

I think probably I shouldn't complain and next time do the same thing, but honestly I don't think I would feel confortable doing that, because for me, it's not a respectfull behavior and I know everyone wants and deserves to have their moment with Mika.

Besides all these moments, I'll never forget that concert. It was amazing!

Sorry, just posted in the other thread! Here we go. Also, we have some pics etc but I can post them tomorrow. Need to sleeep!

have just gotten back from Mares Vivas festival, and it's 4:23 am. I'll give a pretty short report before bed, let's see...

So after the awesome meetup yesterday, we had all made some plans for a "gathering" :naughty: around noon for picnic, etc. Indy (77red) and I showed up at the festival gate at noon and mingled with fans. We were initially numbered but Ingie + Mary + crew showed up around 12:30 and sorted things out. Yup, NO NUMBERS! We all put "1" on our hands though

So we hung out, basically just groups of people sitting outside festival gates. We sprayed the red in our hair (to make fun of Mika), had to listen to Cranberries fans play all their music....Around 4 they moved people out into the street and we were up against barriers while they set up the entrance lines. When they opened the gate, they were SO SLOW searching bags. Once you got through the initial gate it was basically every fan for him/herself...I just remember SPRINTING towards the second barrier and the people at the beer stands were all cheering everyone on. I should have brought running shoes because mine were NOT made for the race of your life.

Luckily I got onto the front row of the second barrier as well. They opened those up within aboutt 5 minutes and it was another mad dash, complete chaos. My sister and I were next to Jazzy (?) I think... and luke and sharon...hm. but front row! It was around 6:30 now and we got some drinks (thank you for the water!) and pizza.

So then we waited for a long time.... FINALLY Aurea came on about 8 or 8:30. She was quite good live, very energetic, but the real fun was watching her bassist do the stupidest dance in the world. :teehee: Then we waited some more (pretty quick set changes overall, though) and came TINDERSTICKS.

Let me just say. I have seen some bad shows. But TINDERSTICKS was LITERALLY the WORST SHOW EVER! It was about as interesting as watching someone sleep... because WE WERE WATCHING THE LEAD SINGER NAP ONSTAGE. Oh god. Tindersticks was just so bad. Literally all of the applause was meant ironically. I won't go on. But wow

Then was Cranberries... I forgot to mention, through all the shows it had been drizziling a little bit. We were worried that it was too wet and they may cancel the later shows (ie Mika) but they rolled out some mat before cranberries. And during cranberries show the lights kept going out and stuff... you can imagine what I was like :aah:

Cranberries were decent but SO loud. Or there was just something wrong because I hadn't peed in like 8 hours. :biggrin2: It was that point of the show when the only cure for what you're feeling is for Mika. Cranberries seemed to go on FOREVER but after the THREE SONG ENCORE they were finally done. We shifted around a bit as fans shifted and then.... the last brutal half hour.

It was still raining and pretty hilarious watching the stage managers struggle with putting up the set. They have these canvases that look like paintings, and they were hanging em up but the paintings all kept blowing around and getting caught amongst eachother. So they took them all down but one... for some reason... anyways. Um. So. Uh. Where do I even.

The band was coming on and they started Relax. Well you know how it goes. I told Ingie after the show, I forgot he was real.... and then he walked onto the stage, dressed in white like an angel. And seeing that, feeling that he is REAL, he is LIVE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU is the best feeling in the world, I swear. It was 1am, we were cold and wet, I had to pee, but it was PERFECT!

Let's see if I can remember the set ( i think Mary has the setlist) Relax, Stuck in the Middle, Love Today, BIOTG, Dr John, Billy Brown, Grace Kelly, WAG, Elle Me Dit, Lollipop...yeah no I can't remember. But no Karen or Weather (even though we yelled about it, haha). WAG was fantastic and 2nd show, my side won BIOTG. All me, of course.... :naughty:. Loved Elle Me Dit live (lots of jumping around and yelling gibberish because you dont know french). Lots of jumping around in general. Love Today flashmob was kind of a flop, because we all did the dance but Mika kept looking away. Beyotch :mf_rosetinted:

Anyways, after the encore (which was Elle Me Dit and Lollipop) they bid us farewell. Seriously, that 1.5 hours was the best time I've had in a long time.. maybe since october 2009? Har har.

We managed to meet up with other fans after the show and we all paraded out of the festival. We had lollipop boy with us (Frank... dont know if he is on MFC?) and all the drunk people loved him. So we got out of the fest and onto the street, walked ALL THE WAY along the fence into the parking lot exit.

We waited for a while and then a big grey van pulled past the exit and stopped for a while. Yup, it was Mika. Last time I did an M&G it was very organized, so it was my first time in the Mika mob scene. It was, em, interesting and I think I prefer the other way (as does Mika, probably). But someone mentioned something and as Mika was signing, he looked up and said "Where are the Americans?" My sister and I YELLED for him and we got to go up... he signed our stuff and I was talking to him.... like he said he remembered us (even if he was lying, I don't care :wub2:) and we were asking him when he'd come back to the states (next record) and everything. It was wonderful. Mika asked for us.... hmmmm...... :wub2:

He took 1 pic w the portuguese fan club and then departed ( oh how sad). We hung around for a bit and took an MFC pic with those of us who were left. And now i am here!

So basically, festivals are a bit insane but it was all worthwhile of course. :naughty:

Night everybody!

Ok, am catching up reading here so I just stopped quickly to say that this really made me laugh :roftl::roftl::roftl:

The M&G, for me it didn't seem so "extreme" as Liliana described it, but some things still make me sad. Not mad, but sad really.

It was the first time in 5 gigs here that we had the chance to actually talk to him as a group (in Lisbon they gave us 4 backstage passes only, so yes I had my dream M&G but 90% of my friends didn't). First time for many of them to actually SEE Mika off the stage.

So yes, we got a bit "greedy" when he said (and I quote) "Just one picture, with the portuguese fanclub." And sad when he said that and people didn't leave room for portuguese fans to join (more than 2 appeared on the pic, I've seen it, but not everyone. I think Liliana didn't even got to be in the pic, and poor Mika ended up being squished for everyone to try to appear). You know I have NOTHIIIIIIIIING against the MFC or MFCers (ffs, I live here! LOL) but it seems some people (fortunately not many) just can't understand what it means to have a group pic taken with him, the first in 5 years. :dunno:

Bad things aside, he was extremely generous, kind and patient. Mika at his best, really. He was sooooo sweet asking for Superstar and 77red! :wub2: I finally got my BG pic signed (have been trying since Vigo, last August) and got to ask him about the goddamn group pic with all the LG and BG at sudoeste:

Me: Mika, can I just ask you a question?

Mika: Yeah, sure.

Me: we got a group pic taken with you at Sudoeste, LG and BG, last year, and we never got to see it.

Mika *signing things* Yeah...

*looks at me*

Wait...no-one sent you the pic???

Me: Uh...no...

Mika: I'll figure it out. *keeps signing things*

*signs my pic*

Me: so...about the Sudoeste pic...how will we get it?

Mika: I have noooo idea! :aah: Who took it?

Me: I don't know...

Mika: One of the girls? Tour manager?

Me: No, Maria told me it was probably a friend of yours.

Mika: Uh...no.

Me: Ok then... :aah:

So, basically the pic is (and will be) lost in some twlilight zone! :doh:

After this we took the group pic, and he left. Kachiiiing! :aah:

I have that conversation recorded in my freaking amazing new phone which I still don´t know how to manage :aah: I´m trying to upload it to YT (gimme time)

I´m soooo not going to do a report, cause I just landed and still feel dizzy. I can say it was the best TIME with MFCers EVER, and the best for me was to meet all the new people and to see all my portuguese friends again :huglove:

About the gig, well, I´ve only been to 5 gigs, but for me this was the worst. No eye-contact at all, he was in a hurry, he introduced the band in 7 seconds, kick ass was too short :aah: (without the oh-oh-oh at the end) and he just seemed to be in a hurry. And don´t tell me it was cause it was raining, cause it stopped when he came out :aah:

I loved to be with my friends, but being all wet for ages and LISTENING TO TINDERSTICKS (oh my God, my dog can do it better) made me feel bad.

I had so much fun, and I can understand that everybody is pleased, me too, don´t think I´m disappointed, it was good (oh, come on, it was Mika!) but it wasn´t the best I´ve been too.

Again, the best was to meet all people I met there. Thank you guys for such an amazing experience!!!!! (you see?? my english is pretty better when I type :aah:)

I have that conversation recorded in my freaking amazing new phone which I still don´t know how to manage :aah: I´m trying to upload it to YT (gimme time)

Yeah, you told me! :wub2: I still have to share my pics and videos (I have a video from the "M&G", when he gets the shirt and he says "Ohhh it's a penguin!" and everyone start saying "Rose, Rose, where is Rose?" :roftl:

("Oh right...it's a pigeon!" :doh:)

I´m soooo not going to do a report, cause I just landed and still feel dizzy. I can say it was the best TIME with MFCers EVER, and the best for me was to meet all the new people and to see all my portuguese friends again :huglove:

About the gig, well, I´ve only been to 5 gigs, but for me this was the worst. No eye-contact at all, he was in a hurry, he introduced the band in 7 seconds, kick ass was too short :aah: (without the oh-oh-oh at the end) and he just seemed to be in a hurry. And don´t tell me it was cause it was raining, cause it stopped when he came out :aah:

I loved to be with my friends, but being all wet for ages and LISTENING TO TINDERSTICKS (oh my God, my dog can do it better) made me feel bad.

I had so much fun, and I can understand that everybody is pleased, me too, don´t think I´m disappointed, it was good (oh, come on, it was Mika!) but it wasn´t the best I´ve been too.

Again, the best was to meet all people I met there. Thank you guys for such an amazing experience!!!!! (you see?? my english is pretty better when I type :aah:)

:huglove:

It was my worst waiting experience ever, but the gig was really good, IMO. It was a festival, and he performed for 1h30! That's good! And he seemed pleased with everything. Don't forget he was in risk of not even performing, if the weather had gotten worse! :boxed:

Yes, in Lisbon he was more chatty and made eye contact with the front row, etc but for a festival, I believe it was really good (but that's just my opinion, of course). :wink2:

Loved seeing you again! :huglove: Miss you already!

Yeah, you told me! :w ub2: I still have to share my pics and videos (I have a video from the "M&G", when he gets the shirt and he says "Ohhh it's a penguin!" and everyone start saying "Rose, Rose, where is Rose?" :ro ftl:

("Oh right...it's a pigeon!" :D oh:)

:hu glove:

It was my worst waiting experience ever, but the gig was really good, IMO. It was a festival, and he performed for 1h30! That's good! And he seemed pleased with everything. Don't forget he was in risk of not even performing, if the weather had gotten worse! :box ed:

Yes, in Lisbon he was more chatty and made eye contact with the front row, etc but for a festival, I believe it was really good (but that's just my opinion, of course). :wi nk2:

Loved seeing you again! :huglo ve: Miss you already!

Helen will :bow: you when you upload that vid :aah:

my vids are uploading :das: I have Mika talking to you, but you are not tall enough to appear in the vid, sorry :mf_rosetinted: it´s just Mika and a bit of your hair, since I was behing you :aah: :aah:

1h30m?????? :shocked: really?????

To me it seemed as if Tindersticks were there for 4 months and Mika only for 20 minutes :shun:

:aah:

Time flies by when he is on stage :blush-anim-cl:

I was so relieved when those guys put the carpet on stage... We were pretty sure Mika was going to fall at first step there :aah:

There was a lot of water on stage.

Edited by basicamenteyo

Seriously guys, you need to search for those Tindersticks on youtube to know how much we suffered... :boxed: it was beyond unfair :boxed:

I knew the band before I went to the festival, but still...I wasn't ready for that! Geez, almost killed me! :roftl:

Hello!

(My Report)

Well this concert was very good!

I really enjoyed the company of MFC girls.

Well ..

In the beginning was a mess to enter the festival, but everything was resolved!

When we were waiting for the concert Aurea talked to girls who are really nice (sorry I forgot their names)

Tindersticks, how awful! I don't comment!

Cranberries really enjoyed it!

Mika ... I don't like the scenario (?) (my opinion) I liked the clothes, voice and sympathy. He was very cheerful and smiling. Well, it was a power, it was really hard to capture photos of it! Elle me dit live is really pretty!

M & G was wonderful, Mika take a photo with the entire group (I have the photo)

Well. LOVED

The photo

283901_193316837393541_100001456779406_547450_2706623_n.jpg