"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

I don't know how those things works,but there is no any possibility for him to make it in a different way this time? :winksmiley02:

There just isn't enough time. It will be April next week and the album isn't even finished yet. Personally I am convinced that Mika doesn't even have a firm release date yet which is why he will never say and just gives vague answers that just sound progressively later and later. Top of the year, the spring, before summer, later in the year, etc. That is not what we'd be hearing if it was scheduled for release in a few weeks.

Albums need to be presold in these times, otherwise the first week out they don't chart high enough and it's considered a flop. They are talking about Madonna's 4th single and the album just came out yesterday. :aah:

There just isn't enough time. It will be April next week and the album isn't even finished yet. Personally I am convinced that Mika doesn't even have a firm release date yet which is why he will never say and just gives vague answers that just sound progressively later and later. Top of the year, the spring, before summer, later in the year, etc. That is not what we'd be hearing if it was scheduled for release in a few weeks.

Albums need to be presold in these times, otherwise the first week out they don't chart high enough and it's considered a flop. They are talking about Madonna's 4th single and the album just came out yesterday. :aah:

I thought he's doing that because he wants to make us a big surprise :biggrin2: Well,definitely I know nothing about those things,but for me seems more logical to release the album before all these festivals.:blush-anim-cl:

I thought he's doing that because he wants to make us a big surprise :biggrin2: Well,definitely I know nothing about those things,but for me seems more logical to release the album before all these festivals.:blush-anim-cl:

Well he didn't release it before the festivals in 2009 so I don't think logic is going to overule the fact that the album is not ready yet. But who knows. Stranger things have happened and maybe it will be out by July.

Well he didn't release it before the festivals in 2009 so I don't think logic is going to overule the fact that the album is not ready yet. But who knows. Stranger things have happened and maybe it will be out by July.

Yes,yes,and since there is a festival in June too,that could happen before June,which is MAY ! :yay: :yay: Do you like my logic?? :roftl:

Yes,yes,and since there is a festival in June too,that could happen before June,which is MAY ! :yay: :yay: Do you like my logic?? :roftl:

With Mika we can expect everything :naughty: *I don't like my theory too* :teehee: so we should be patient and wait, wait, wait...:mf_rosetinted:

As I keep saying, I know almost nothing about the music industry- but after TBWKTM's disappointment I'd be surprised if he gets the most sought after album release date, like he probably did last after LICM

I agree with that, and also, what Christine said about pre-sales. There is no demand for him yet so he does need a couple of hits or at least public interest raised before the album can be released.

Summer is basically a dead season for album releases but if he wants a higher chart position the record company may prefer a summer release, especially if he has a single out by May that he could promote at festivals, along with one other new song perhaps.

I also believe that he is in no position to organize a proper tour ( with larger venues) without being present in the media so there really needs to be a couple of singles released first, creating a demand for the album and a tour.

What ever happened to:

beforejuly.png

?

I take it no body trusts that promise? hahahahahah, considering i thought it was originally supposed to be out before last christmas, that doesn't come as a surprise to me.

What ever happened to:

beforejuly.png

?

I take it no body trusts that promise? hahahahahah, considering i thought it was originally supposed to be out before last christmas, that doesn't come as a surprise to me.

What do you mean?? That we don´t trust Mika??? :shocked:

Why???

Just because he once said he had a dog called Gertrude???

Because he tweeted "I´m gonna tweet the link to my EMD video" and he never did?

:mf_rosetinted:

Why???

Hoping this time it will be true :bow: :bow: :bow:

I cant help being optimistic, I was born this way :naughty:

Why???

sarcasm noted. :naughty:

@ibwm great find :roftl:

He did not specify who it was that had the opportunity to listen to the album before July though, so he was telling the truth.:thumb_yello::mf_rosetinted:

ahaha touché. i like that. :thumb_yello:

I agree with that, and also, what Christine said about pre-sales. There is no demand for him yet so he does need a couple of hits or at least public interest raised before the album can be released.

Summer is basically a dead season for album releases but if he wants a higher chart position the record company may prefer a summer release, especially if he has a single out by May that he could promote at festivals, along with one other new song perhaps.

I also believe that he is in no position to organize a proper tour ( with larger venues) without being present in the media so there really needs to be a couple of singles released first, creating a demand for the album and a tour.

Yes, a slow process. I hope he does whatever turns out to work, but for myself, I quite like a slow, drawn out period of anticipation

July :shocked:

I can't wait that long :mf_rosetinted:

Actually,I want he can release a single in March,and wish he can release the album before July.But MIKA didn't release single in March,so we just can wait and wait.:aah:

Edited by DongDong

Well, he has a show on the 13th of June I think, and he's meant to be doing new songs then, so we just have to wait two months, and we'll be happy :aah:

Is there a show on the 13th of June? :shocked: or it's on the 17th? :blink: I've missed somenthing? :blink: