"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

Quote:

lyric for today; "standing on the field with your pretty pom pom, now your working at the movies selling popular corn"

Not gonna try to analyse these or anything before I hear the song.

Melody-wise , I'm singing it a bit like 'the fool on the hill' (the Beatles). No idea why, but it kinda works!:blush-anim-cl:

Possibly it's about a teenager who once was popular, on the cheerleading team, but ended up in a regular job, not being the darling of the school anymore.
yes, I think that is exactly what it will be about. From my perspective though, I find it rather strange as we don't have cheerleading over here and it puzzles me how prestigious activity it is in the States. It is a sport I acknowledge but I wouldn't expect cheerleaders to end up in anything but a regular job eventually :dunno: I understand it is different in the States and this reference sounds very American to me, like the stories in Love Today or Good Gone Girl. Perhaps Mika wrote it in Miami. :teehee:

Quote:

lyric for today; "standing on the field with your pretty pom pom, now your working at the movies selling popular corn"

Not gonna try to analyse these or anything before I hear the song.

Melody-wise , I'm singing it a bit like 'the fool on the hill' (the Beatles). No idea why, but it kinda works!:blush-anim-cl:

Yesterday, I was sitting reading it again, and it dawned on me, that you can sing the lyric to the tune of Lady Gagas, Telephone:naughty:

I'll tell you a secret: you can sing these lyrics to an endless number of different melodies...:wink2:..you can even create your own if you feel like singing :biggrin2:

I'd rather wait for his version.

Edited by suzie

I'll tell you a secret: you can sing these lyrics to an endless number of different melodies...:wink2:..you can even create your own if you feel like singing :biggrin2:

I'd rather wait for his version.

*singing lyrics to "Jack & Diane" by John Mellencamp* :mf_rosetinted:

music is gonna be so good this year ... 4 of my top fav artist have realeased or realeasing albums this year !!! :D

Shaggy - Summer In Kingston (In physical format)

Scissor Sisters - Magic Hour

Elton John - The Diving Board

Mika - The Origin Of Love (hopfully this year !!! lol)

sorry it's a little off topic ... but just though i'd share my excitment with you guys !!! :D

Edited by John Alan

oh god i haven't been here on the forum in ages..

is there any news concerning the release date yet? even my mum noticed mika hasn't been around for a while xD

In Mika's words the album "it's almost done":naughty:

Mikas almost done is same as we have to wait 2 years:mf_rosetinted:

I know but hope is the last I lose, some day he'll finish the album and I think the end of the long wait has ended, I want to be positive :naughty:

You guys would never survive being Peter Gabriel or Kate Bush fans. Sometimes it's about 5 years between albums, with Kate she went 15 years between them!

You guys would never survive being Peter Gabriel or Kate Bush fans. Sometimes it's about 5 years between albums, with Kate she went 15 years between them!

The difference is their careers have spanned decades. It's been half of Mika's career since he released a new album and he has been "hiding" most of the time. I think if he has a large body of work under his belt when he starts taking 5 year breaks between albums it will be a bit easier to take.

The difference is their careers have spanned decades. It's been half of Mika's career since he released a new album and he has been "hiding" most of the time. I think if he has a large body of work under his belt when he starts taking 5 year breaks between albums it will be a bit easier to take.

:thumb_yello:

And what have their fans done in the meantime?:shocked: Going on with their lives, jobs and normal behaviours?:shocked: No way:shun:

My dad's a big Kate Bush fan, but he seems to not mind when there's big breaks :aah: I think they're used to it, and Kate doesn't do any shows, so I guess her fans aren't as attached to her, as we are Mika!

It depends on the type of 'fandom' one has. For example, some people love to follow every move of someone famous, so if no news / activities to engage themselves in, they might turn to other artists or find a new obsession. Your father is unlikely to be one of them. :teehee:

It depends on the type of 'fandom' one has. For example, some people love to follow every move of someone famous, so if no news / activities to engage themselves in, they might turn to other artists or find a new obsession. Your father is unlikely to be one of them. :teehee:

Well, he doesn't go on the computer much, so following her news and activities is a bit difficult for him I suppose. Obsessions aren't his thing :aah: I think my Mika one has made him realise how out of hand they can and can't get... :aah:

Well speaking as someone who is getting old, I think things have changed since the computer age took over. My previous obsessions (years before Mika) were about things like Star Trek characters, but for any fan of anyone in those days, we had to have a lot more patience than we need now. You wrote a fan letter and you hoped they would get it 6 months later. Most did not answer fans personally and if they did it was maybe a year later.

We waited for the fanclub's newsletters, whcih came out every three months with the latest news etc, or scoured magazines to see if they had any news about the stars you liked.

You may have had contact with other fans, but as pen pals, and if you were writing to someone from another country, it took weeks before you'd get a reply to your letter and be able to continue to talk about your favourite stars.

So, in fact, we don't know we're born these days. It's so much easier to be a fan. We can tweet Mika and he can tweet us, maybe not always personally, but he lets us know how he's doing and he's got much better at that recently. We can also come on here and talk to other fans in real time.

I may get confused sometimes with technology, but I wouldn't want to go back to how things used to be.

Well speaking as someone who is getting old, I think things have changed since the computer age took over. My previous obsessions (years before Mika) were about things like Star Trek characters, but for any fan of anyone in those days, we had to have a lot more patience than we need now. You wrote a fan letter and you hoped they would get it 6 months later. Most did not answer fans personally and if they did it was maybe a year later.

We waited for the fanclub's newsletters, whcih came out every three months with the latest news etc, or scoured magazines to see if they had any news about the stars you liked.

You may have had contact with other fans, but as pen pals, and if you were writing to someone from another country, it took weeks before you'd get a reply to your letter and be able to continue to talk about your favourite stars.

So, in fact, we don't know we're born these days. It's so much easier to be a fan. We can tweet Mika and he can tweet us, maybe not always personally, but he lets us know how he's doing and he's got much better at that recently. We can also come on here and talk to other fans in real time.

I may get confused sometimes with technology, but I wouldn't want to go back to how things used to be.

So true. What fascinates me is the possibility to hear the new song at the same time as someone, for instance, in France, (EMD premiere was so thrilling for me) and to watch video from concert which is not finished yet (last summer from Romania):thumb_yello:. Here in Serbia, back in the 80's, was even more impossible to be in touch with the things your favourite star is doing. New records were 2 or more years late, so we had to buy from abroad and it wasn't easy. We use to buy Bravo, a German magazine, even we didn't speak German, (remember, we didn't have Google translator back then:teehee:) just to see pictures and connect things that we understand. And we listened Radio Luxemburg to hear new songs, but it was a torture. A lot of noise, broken connections and painful ears.:aah:

Now it's completely different. Back in the 80's if someone would tell me that all these thing are going to be possible I would honestly say - no way, it's science fiction.:teehee: i can't imagine what is going to be 30 years from now. Teleportation? :blink::roftl:

That is how we kids from the 80's were trained to be patient.:sneaky2:

Edited by nenartus